Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Good first series. Not sure how they will follow it up though. The is he/isn't he drama around Brody is obviously gone- seems it may slide into more of a political intrigue thing eg Saul against the VP and David....not sure how Clare Danes' character can develop (yes how long before she remembers Brody knew Abu Nasir's kid etc...)
Hope it doesn't slide into boredom like Walking Dead did. First series was probably the best thing I have watched in ages. I actually looked forward to watching it on Sunday and that is rare for me...

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Having watched the finale now, there a few things that bother me.

Why does Carrie go to Brody's house to try to get his daughter to talk him down? If she has a line to the CIA why not get someone to call and just say that Brody has a bomb and he needs to be kept away from the vice president's party. She was running around desperate to get in there and sort it out herself when she didn't need to.

Oggmonster

Having watched the whole series now, there a few things that bother me.

Why does Carrie go to Brody's house to try to get his daughter to talk him down? If she has a line to the CIA why not get someone to call and just say that Brody has a bomb and he needs to be kept away from the vice president's party. She was running around desperate to get in there and sort it out herself when she didn't need to.
She did didn't she? She rang Saul to tell him about it when he was in the building and he dismissed it as her being mental and that's why she went to Brody's house to speak to his daughter because it was her last option

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
She did didn't she? She rang Saul to tell him about it when he was in the building and he dismissed it as her being mental and that's why she went to Brody's house to speak to his daughter because it was her last option
Why go through Saul though when he knows her condition. Just call it in as a member of the public who saw Brody doing something suspicious earlier

Oggmonster

Why go through Saul though when he knows her condition. Just call it in as a member of the public who saw Brody doing something suspicious earlier
true, there was probably other ways to end it and flaws in the whole show. It's similar to 24 in that respect I find. They probably had to find ways for it to go to a second series and if people knew about Brody it really limits them. I think the 2nd series won't be half as good though, just seems like they're on course to drag it out for ages which is a real shame

Cina

true, there was probably other ways to end it and flaws in the whole show. It's similar to 24 in that respect I find. They probably had to find ways for it to go to a second series and if people knew about Brody it really limits them. I think the 2nd series won't be half as good though, just seems like they're on course to drag it out for ages which is a real shame
Yeah it would've been far better if they ended it with him blowing up the bunker. But alas, it was so popular that they were always going to go for a 2nd season, disappointing.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
My gut was that he should've blown himself up and it been a one series deal, but I quite liked the downer it ended on in regards to him getting away with it all and her being Cuckoo Nested.

That said, the 2nd series will likely suffer because of it. Enjoyed the show a lot though. Anyone know where you can get the original Israeli version, and if it's worth a watch?

Decotron

My gut was that he should've blown himself up and it been a one series deal, but I quite liked the downer it ended on in regards to him getting away with it all and her being Cuckoo Nested.

That said, the 2nd series will likely suffer because of it. Enjoyed the show a lot though. Anyone know where you can get the original Israeli version, and if it's worth a watch?
it was on warez bb last time I was on.....its meant to be fantastic....

Oggmonster

It starts on Sky Arts tonight at half 9 that mate. Not seen it myself but going to watch it, heard good things about it.

I think there is potential in a second series, my worry is it goes the way of a lot of American dramas and just rehashes the same storyline with a slightly different spin. Prison Break being a prime example of doing that, I'll give it a chance because the first series was that good but it could of been such a brilliant one series show. A lot of the tension was based on the fact you didn't know if he was in on it til the end, then when you found it he was it was whether he'd go through with it, I can't see them repeating that.

Cina

I didn't actually know there was an Israeli version of it.

My biggest problem with the ending is Carrie's treatment thing that will make her forget everything that has happened so far and now season 2 will basically just be her trying to remember everything she had already learned in season 1 whilst Brody slowly goes up the food chain. I hope they can add other elements of the show in season 2 so that this doesn't happen.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I actually like the Carrie thing in the end. Aptly tragic thing to happen to her character. I see what people are saying about the conclusion of S1 but I am going to give the second one a chance before passing a judgement if it was a mistake or not. I loved the Brady character so did not mind him not blowing up. And also liked that they did establish that he did in a way go through with it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
That's great.

I thought that maybe this should have been a one season show at first, but if they actually have a plan and a good idea of where to take it, I think it can work out.

crappycraperson

Scout
Looking forward to this eagerly, really hope they can maintain the quality of season 1. Only issue is it being on Showtime means they will want to it to run and run. Hope it does not go the dexter way

Cina

Looking forward to this eagerly, really hope they can maintain the quality of season 1. Only issue is it being on Showtime means they will want to it to run and run. Hope it does not go the dexter way
Yeah, they really don't know when to fecking stop.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The blonde actress is very good.Specially the part when she was playing the psychotic Carrie.Not a bad show but in some episodes where character development was too much, I also felt asleep.Not a bad plot at all, I like Saul because Patinkin is a good actor reminded too much of Gideon in Criminal Minds.
I just wish that they would make a better effort to show certain practice of Islam, the way Brody was praying was completely wrong.It felt like a total joke

Saliph

Just finished the season. fecking great show, Damian Lewis is sensational (as are the rest of the cast).

New trailer for season 2, looks great:

crappycraperson

Scout
Can watch the first 20 mins here

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/09/homeland-season-2-20-minute-sneak-peek.html

US users can watch it on showtime website as well

Did not like the start here.. the way they brought Carrie back was very 24 like .. the whole being running mate thing after being in politics for 5 minutes is also very difficult to swallow... I really hope season 2 is not a massive downer after the quality shown in 1

forevrared

Just found out about this show. Only seen the first two episodes so far, but it's excellent. Showtime is giving HBO a run for it's money lately.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Not yet, this evening for me. Can't wait, hope it's as good as the first season. What kind of reassures me is that the overall plot will be quite different and the dynamic of the relationships between characters won't be the same at all as last year.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Pretty good. It's obvious where they're going with this.

Brody is obviously not going to end up committing some great terrorist act, though he will keep being a Muslim. The end moral of the story will be that Muslims can be good people too, it's fundamentalism that is the problem. They're probably going to be able to sneak in some Christian fundamentalism in as well, to make the point. Hell, maybe his daughter ends up being a Muslim, though I don't know about that one.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Im still hoping that Brody is a double-double agent; deep undercover

mind you im still hoping that Jack Bauer turns up

Hectic

Supports
30fps
His wife is one stupid, ignorant bitch. It's laughable how she reacted in this episode to that scene.

Clearly the mantle has been passed to his daughter, and what we are seeing here is Brody's push to become president, as the first muslim president. The back-up to this is that if he fails, his daughter, now a terrorist, can carry out some mayhem anyway. Hopefully she will suicide bomb her mother.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I get that it's a shock, it conflicts with his new career and of course keeping it a secret from her for so long is really frustrating, but the whole 'one of them....they are all trying to kill us' seemed massively ignorant for her character. Especially so as we had the stupid kids coming out with similar nonsense, but they are at least kids. But I guess it will build on this bond and connection he has with his daughter.

Cina

Watched it last night, it was a good opening, pretty slow in comparison to the opening of the first season but that's to be expected.

What I'm glad about is that it seems to be going down a different route this time, I'd have been very annoyed if they just had Carrie forget everything after the shock treatment and basically start working out everything from scratch like in season one again, thankfully that's not the case. I assume that at some point

the name Ilah will pop up in one of the exams she marks and it'll all come back to her, or something similar.

I agree about Jessica, she was actually one TV wife I didn't hate in the first season, it helps that she's hot and got her baps out, but that reaction was ridiculous, looks like they're just turning her into a twat.

Anyway, glad it's back, it's good popcorn TV, albeit overrated. It amplifies how much of a joke the Emmy's are that this won the "award" because it's nowhere near Mad Men or Breaking Bad as a show.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Bit of an underwhelming premier but then they did set the bar very high in the last series. Looks like it's got good room to develop, though I don't particularly like that reporter woman who contacted Brodie, seemed a little far fetched.

Bear Attack

I thought it was a great opener to be honest. Aside from one contrivance aforementioned, it had a decent pace to it and most importantly, it seemed like they wanted to develop the characters instead of latching on to another huge scenario.