Television Homeland | Season 5 spoilers

Bear Attack

The show is scheduled to premier on October 2nd but somehow it got leaked on the web.

I am not sure whether I like it or not.

It's entertaining so far, in a popcorn flick kind of way. I, however, fail to see how this series will continue onwards without stagnating and dragging on. At the rate the plot is unfolding, one would think this is merely a two part miniseries. It is also incidentally like the film 'Brothers' except with a conspiracy/CIA backdrop.

wr8_utd

:'(
The guy who bought the house at the end of the last episode was in Sleeper Cell as well I think.

Bear Attack

Yeah, it's been pretty decent so far. For some reason, Claire Danes annoys me.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Anyone mind telling me what it's about without giving too much away?

Leg-End

Anyone mind telling me what it's about without giving too much away?
Basically a POW thats been held for years in the middle east is found during a raid and brought back to America and made out to be a hero. But he acts a bit strange, and one woman from the government suspects he might have been turned by his captors.

It's been a very good first 4 episodes.

wr8_utd

Best episode of the season last night. This is quite easily the best new show of the season for me.

That'sHernandez

Just started watching and I'm almost caught up, it's developing really well and I'd say it's brilliant so far and has probably overtaken Dexter as my favourite show now. I struggle to see how this can carry on further than a season though.

That'sHernandez

I'm a bit disappointed Carrie slept with Brody to be honest, seemed very unprofessional and like it could hinder her investigation further down the line. I'm not sure I believe the character would do that yet

Leg-End

I'm a bit disappointed Carrie slept with Brody to be honest, seemed very unprofessional and like it could hinder her investigation further down the line. I'm not sure I believe the character would do that yet
She's a crazy bitch, have you not noticed yet?

Leg-End

She is driven on one side, but on the other side the crazy wants to break out. It's a good twist because now he has dirt on her. The have thrown some curveballs out there too with Saul bumbling through the polygraph but I think thats a red herring.

That'sHernandez

She is driven on one side, but on the other side the crazy wants to break out. It's a good twist because now he has dirt on her. The have thrown some curveballs out there too with Saul bumbling through the polygraph but I think thats a red herring.
Yeah I like what they have done with it, they made it all very clear cut but at the same time manage to throw in a few hurdles in there to make it all interesting. What I am enjoying is that we don't have to sit through an hour of the show with basically no developments or payoff, it flows really well. Don't know if you watched it but the most recent series of Torchwood was a story that would have been maybe 3-4 hour longs stretched out in a 12 part hour long episode series with very little pay off or developments within the episodes. The reason I brought that up is because I just think it's a refreshing change to have a programme like this actually moving the plot along as opposed to dragging it out.

Cina

Watched the first episode there, thought it was great, and seeing Morena Baccarin in the nip is always a good thing.

LARulz

Just caught up, and although alcohol played a huge part, I thought it was odd she slept with him. I wasn't sure if it was deliberate her telling him what the test was for, if it was deliberate that was just stupid.

I was fecking pissed off when the Prince's 'girlfriend' was killed :mad: She was stunning.

Bear Attack

Just caught up, and although alcohol played a huge part, I thought it was odd she slept with him. I wasn't sure if it was deliberate her telling him what the test was for, if it was deliberate that was just stupid.

I was fecking pissed off when the Prince's 'girlfriend' was killed :mad: She was stunning.
Well, for one, I think it is because she desperately wants to catch him and will do so at all means necessary, even if it means sleeping with him to gain his trust. But then again, like some others have said, Carrie is batshit crazy.

Cina

Caught up on this, watched the newest episode there, episode 7, it was very good but...

didn't like the twist at the end. They seem to be throwing in a few red herrings to the plot. Not revealing things just so that they can add a new element to the show later.

I mean every single thing Carrie asked Brody at the end, we already knew it, the religion, killing Barkley, being helped by the terrorist. You think she'd have asked him something we didn't know, even a minor thing, but she didn't and then they just sprung the end twist out of nowhere.

Still, it's very good, I just hope they don't end up going down the route of The Killing with endless red herrings that lead nowhere.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
It is already much much better than The Killing. That one had already gone to dogs by episode 7. This series is though developed by writers who worked on 24 so some of these twists will come. I am fine with that if unlike 24 they do not involve complete 180 of certain characters.

Cina

Oh it's far better, I was just using that as an extreme example.

That'sHernandez

Caught up on this, watched the newest episode there, episode 7, it was very good but...

didn't like the twist at the end. They seem to be throwing in a few red herrings to the plot. Not revealing things just so that they can add a new element to the show later.

I mean every single thing Carrie asked Brody at the end, we already knew it, the religion, killing Barkley, being helped by the terrorist. You think she'd have asked him something we didn't know, even a minor thing, but she didn't and then they just sprung the end twist out of nowhere.

Still, it's very good, I just hope they don't end up going down the route of The Killing with endless red herrings that lead nowhere.
We knew all that stuff but Carrie didn't, I thought the questions were fine. I really liked the twist though, but I still think Brody is turned and it wouldn't surprise me if they were both turned and working independently of each other without realising.

Bear Attack

I can't fully embrace this show for some reason. It's entertaining enough but it really lacks the sort of realism that I want to see from dramas. Maybe it's Claire Danes and her awkward and slightly borderline annoying face or maybe it's the fact that they reveal too much.

It's still better than a lot of other shows that are on at the moment.

vivs

actual real life girl
New episode tonight. Waited all week. I'm in love with Damian Lewis, what a great actor and beautiful man.

LARulz

Was good stuff last episode. My theory after the last episode was that both were turned but not told about each other just incase one failed/both turned back. It seems that they let Tom know Brody was still kicking about which makes me think that Tom is their real go to guy. I liked seeing Brody in the guys house wanting answers, makes it more interesting now as he could go either way now (Stay turned or help the CIA).

Is Capitol Hill a target? Both Brody and Tom have looked at it in a weird way.

Cina

Good episode

Was never fully convinced Brody wasn't turned anyway, they'd spent too much time developing the plot like that. Very good ending though, I wasn't expecting him to be in the chair, that's for sure.

Best new show of the season for me.

LARulz

Great episode. Why are we spoilering things, though? It's already aired.
I dislike it too but basing it on other threads where people throw hissy fits if its not spoilered.

That'sHernandez

Great episode. Why are we spoilering things, though? It's already aired.
Not everyone has time to/can watch it when it's aired so they record or acquire it after.

I agree on Tom & Brody both being turned but not told about each other, or at least Brody wasn't told about Tom. I was never convinced Brody wasn't turned either, it's getting really interesting now. I'm really enjoying th pace it's moving at

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Has that Clare Danes shown her tits yet? I find her very attractive despite her having very little actual tittage.

wr8_utd

The promo for next week's episode looks really really good as well. It's been a brilliant season.

Cina

it's an absolutely brilliant show. Cannot wait for the finale to come. So well written and the characters are brilliant in it.

Definitely the best show on TV right now, very much recommended

MclarenMP4

Yeah it's my favourite show at the moment, really looking forward to the finale on Sunday.
The only thing that bugs me about the show is all the bloody Jazz music, some of it's ok but most of the time it's too much.

wr8_utd

That last episode was just amazing stuff. Easily the best show on TV at the moment.

mboRa ndomHer0723

Yeah it's my favourite show at the moment, really looking forward to the finale on Sunday.
The only thing that bugs me about the show is all the bloody Jazz music, some of it's ok but most of the time it's too much.
The Jazz music is definitely overkill at times. Other than that I have been surprised how good this show has been. Really looking forward to the finale.