Honest Question: What is Fred's market value?

Dempsey19

Didn't realise he had only 12 months left on his contract.

Unless he turns things around massively then I can't see him being renewed. He isn't really amazing at anything. At best he's average at a few things and below average at majority of things.

The way people glide past him in midfield is a joke. He seems to lose every 50-50 tackle. His passing isn't great and he has a very poor first touch.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
It's sad his career didn't pan out, but he was never average at Shakhtar. He was actually a perfect box-to-box midfielder. Great passing skills, quick, strong in the tackle, moved the ball forward well and occasionally even scored some belters. He had more to his game than Fernandinho before his move. People here love Bissouma, but Fred was twice the player he is at the time. Pep wanted to sign him for a reason.
Agree with this. It wouldn't of surprised me in the slightest if Fred went to City we'd be crying about the one that got away and if we signed Fernandinho instead we'd be talking about how underwhelming a signing he's been. 3 years under Pep or 3 years under Ole with Ralf thrown into the mix is one hell of a difference that people choose to ignore.

Codygoldsbrough

I wouldn't have a clue.
He has intensity and can move the ball quickly but he has flawed technique and has bad lapses of concentration but yet he is a regular for Brazil.
25mil??
I'd agree with 25 mill but with the right coaching and a top season this season, maybe closer to 35-40

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Fred is a 29 year old midfielder who hasn’t lit the world on fire and is on 120k per week.

Big clubs will think they can do better and smaller clubs can’t afford him or will want to invest in younger players.

Sometimes you find a club like Everton that will take these kinds of players but most often they just don’t have a market.

GBBQ

I think £25 mil on Fred for a mid table club would be a good investment. Maybe £20 mil given his contract situation. But that's not really worth it for United to sell, especially with so many other midfielders having left.

el3mel

30-40m at most.

He's decent. Probably just not good enough for a title challenging team but for a top 4 team he'll be a good option, like us.

SAFMUTD

Anywhere in between 20-25M, he's 29 and he's not close to being worldclass. He's an international for Brazil but if we were to sell him I dont think many top clubs would be interested.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
€25-30m, closer to the upper end if we sell in the Prem.

Having one year on his contract IIRC doesn't help.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm pretty sure none of the big clubs would want him as he is just not that good with the ball. 20 to 25 mil max for me.

Will Singh

A packet of cheese and onions and a half eaten snickers. Seriously how many different ways can we come up with the bash Fred is unreal.

didz

$22M according to transfermkt

McTominay listed at $35.2M. At these prices, I would keep Fred and drive McT to the airport myself.
CIES had McTominay down as around 60m - only slightly cheaper than Kimmich!

tomaldinho1

Ignoring the contract situation - close to what we paid for him I think. One of our better players, great professional, not old and you don’t have to be a genius to know he’s crap when sitting deep but good when allowed to be advanced.

Dazzmondo

I think Fred would be good for a lot of teams. Because of his wage probably £25m I'd say

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
For me, our best player last season that added goals, cut mistakes and is a modern energetic pressing machine. He'll stay and do well with a technical maestro like FDJ.

George The Best

Only has 12 months left on his deal - probably worth about £25m this summer. I don't think there's any chance of us selling him though - we have lost enough midfielders already and he will be needed next season.
We will offer him an improved contract for a few more years

criticalanalysis

If he was at another club and Utd was buy him today for £25m i.e for the type of profile ETH would like, I would be like 'that's a decent transfer' for the Utd tax.

He's going to be a big player for us this year.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

I’d say probably 10m more than whatever we paid for him.

Fred is a quality squad option to have in midfield. He fights, puts in a shift, can create chances too. I’d much rather see McT depart of the two of them.

userman

Age (29) and contract to expire in 2024 (2023 + 1 year option). For this summer I'd say we could get around 40m, next summer 30m and I think we'll sell him then with a DM coming in and maybe also Garner coming through.
A far better and also more important player for us then some claim, but the McFred-pairing makes neither of McFred shine.

PaulRich

Fred on form = 40m. Fred when he's laughably bad = 4 quid. I've never seen a player with such a swing in standards.

GL21

Find it hard to believe we scrape the bottom of the barrell defending fred, and all because he ' presses' or ' puts in a shift' blah blah blah. Fecking wake up he's tragic for a united player. Brake someone's arm for the first offer.

Let's start the bidding at 10million pounds, on que as the tumbleweed rolls by

bringbackbebe

Fred on form = 40m. Fred when he's laughably bad = 4 quid. I've never seen a player with such a swing in standards.
For a striker, this swing in form goes unnoticeable. For a central midfielder, it's blasphemy.

NoPace

I've often found "transfermarkt.co.uk" to be fairly reasonable. According to then, Fred has a current market value of £18m*

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fred/profil/spieler/191614

*Don't shoot the messenger.
I like him more than most on here but this feels reasonable with 2 years left. He’s 29 and doesn’t really have good attacking skills and he lacks the size/qualities to be a great 6, so when he loses pace he’ll be an average #8 who isn’t the same level of player.

If we were spending say 25 million pounds tomorrow on a quick number #8 who isn’t special going forward or likely to age into being a really quality 6, we’d expect a better player right? Gundogan and Koke are the #8s his age who are right above him on transfermarket at 25M or so and they’re better than him. Maybe they go for 30 and 35 but Koke should age better, and that extra bit of quality matters. Harder to find quality passers who can play in a 2 than ball-winners and they age better. Hence why spending huge on De Jong feels quite safe to me.

wolvored

I think you would struggle to get £20 mill for him. What other top team manager would look at his performances and say we must get him? We may not even give him a new contract either. TH and this new regime might look differently at keeping players just for the sake of it. He probably has the plus 1 year the club can operate at the end of contract and I think that too many have left this season for him to be let go, but next summer he will be gone.

Bwuk

I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold in all honestly if we could find a buyer.

It's clear we want Frenkie de Jong & Martinez to both come in. Both can cover #6 with Martinez likely primarily a CB.

Fred can't play in that position anyway, he's far better at #8. Assuming we play 4-3-3 I just don't think Ten Hag will be all that bothered for him.

6 - de Jong, Martinez, Garner
8 - Eriksen, Bruno, VdB, Hannibal, McTominay

With a year left on his contract, I think it'd make more sense and cash in now than renew him.

Oranges038

Be lucky to get 25 m for him at a push.

He's one of those players that just doesn't really excel at anything. It's hard to see why anyone would want him.

Brophs

The One and Only
I imagine we’d listen to offers of around £15m.

Olecurls99

One of the best pressing midfielders in the game. 29 years of age though. I reckon we've seen his best unfortunately. Probably worth 20 million at today's prices.