Film Horror Films

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Night of the Demon if you like old films that do it with atmosphere rather than gore....apart from the stupid bit at the end that was tacked on against the director's wishes.

dcullivanio

You're Next, The Strangers and Funny Games (all pretty similar) are quite good tbh. Another French one in the same vein called 'They' was a good'un as well. I also enjoyed one called The Sacrament which was a docu/found footage type.

Jiggs'Hamstring

I have seen every horror film ever. Ever.
Hello, I've been looking for you.

I also watch a pretty ludicrous amount of horror films, good and bad, to the extent that they all begin to blur together.

I watched on a year or two ago, and I've tried to find it again but to no avail. It's British, possibly Scottish or Irish, and all set in a single flat. I think it may have a character's name in the title.

There's a couple, and the guy's mate comes to stay at their flat but he's kind of a feck-up I think and outstays his welcome, sits around playing video games. I think he gets really bad headaches. He starts to think there's some sort of demon after him – there's one really vivid scene where he's trying to hide in the bathroom and this demon walks past the window.

I think towards the end they all end up going up to the flat above and it all kicks off. There may be a pregnant woman. There may be newspaper cuttings on the wall.

PLEASE HELP ME, it's really annoying me.

spwd

Hello, I've been looking for you.

I also watch a pretty ludicrous amount of horror films, good and bad, to the extent that they all begin to blur together.

I watched on a year or two ago, and I've tried to find it again but to no avail. It's British, possibly Scottish or Irish, and all set in a single flat. I think it may have a character's name in the title.

There's a couple, and the guy's mate comes to stay at their flat but he's kind of a feck-up I think and outstays his welcome, sits around playing video games. I think he gets really bad headaches. He starts to think there's some sort of demon after him – there's one really vivid scene where he's trying to hide in the bathroom and this demon walks past the window.

I think towards the end they all end up going up to the flat above and it all kicks off. There may be a pregnant woman. There may be newspaper cuttings on the wall.

PLEASE HELP ME, it's really annoying me.
Same here, I watch loads but that doesn't ring a bell.

caid

If you really want to be scared watching a horror take acid beforehand.
Watched the ring and half the stuff the scared the shit out of me wasn't even in the film, i just imagined it.

spwd

The Visit is pretty original and weird.

It Follows was very edgy as well.
Yeah I watched the visit the other day, could have been loads better I thought, also was it based on a Stephen King short story?

spwd

How or where can I download or watch any films I want to such as session 9

Art Vandelay

@a_devil_inside

Afraid not lads, but thanks
Any idea who was in it or even roughly what decade it's from?

I've been trying to figure out what one was that I saw about 5 minutes of as a kid, but no one ever has a clue what I'm on about. May as well try it here too:

It involved these two young fella's in a cabin in the woods, they are looking out over a clearing into the woods when this guy that's kinda green and freakish looking starts slowly marching towards them saying "I am your papa" as they frantically try to hide. One may have been trying to hide under a bed, but I'm unsure. I was about 5 when I saw it and it was terrifying. That's the only bit I saw though before I was kicked out of the room.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Find most horror movies to be piss poor.
It's either too predictable or just tons of shaky cam and jump scares these days.
Best ones are definitely those that use religion/demons as a base, like the exorcist or emily rose. Babadook i haven't seen, but to me, the review makes it sound like one of very few horror movies that are thoroughly enjoyable when you've had the full experience (if you understood the plot points), so I expect to give it a try eventually.

The shining is good, but getting old. The ring was pretty crap, far behind the grudge which I fell asleep while watching at the cinema when I was a kid. Blair Witch project was revolutionary for its time, but everything post that like quarantine and paranormal activity (which I also fell asleep under) just feels too bland.

Funnily enough, I was a proper scardy cat when I was a kid, and my (big) brother loved horror movies, when we grew up I ended up finding horror movies hard to enjoy, whilst he can't stand even the absolute dogshit ones.

Parry Gallister

You didn't find any of the below scary?

Ringu
Suspiria
The Conjuring
The Orphanage
Sinister
Tale Of Two Sisters
[REC]
The Innocents
Come on, Suspiria is a wicked trip (insane soundtrack) but you couldn't call it scary, it's way too ridiculous!

Just bought Lizard in A Woman's Skin, another italian '70's horror, looking forward to it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Anyone seen The Witch yet and is it any good?
I've read it's not actually horror but more like an arthouse drama film in a horror setting than a proper horror movie most people expect when they visit the cinema. Someone said it's really slow and supposed to unnerve you rather than having jumpscares etc in it.