Houssem Aouar | signs for Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Quality player.

Is he going to be part of the French team?

In Rainbows

I personally didn't think it was exactly a masterclass, not sure why people are gushing
He did well in the first half, but yeah it wasn't some great performance. Lyon were getting dominated for large parts of the match.

Gee Male

Thought he was poor in the second half, gave the ball away a lot. What were his possession stats?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He did well in the first half, but yeah it wasn't some great performance. Lyon were getting dominated for large parts of the match.
His assist clearly wasn't for Dembele either, was at the offside player, so I don't think he should really get much credit for that.
He did a nice dribble in the first half.
True, plus statman Dave posted about him

dbs235

One for the weird feelings of football thread....whenever there's a young French player with a North African sounding name, they're always attacking mids/wingers who are ridicously good technically.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I would raid that midfield, Some exciting players in this team.

Fantastic youth academy.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He had a couple of clever and silky touches, but that's what he usually does and then is absent far too much throughout the game for the kind of talent he is supposed to have. But I'm glad he made it through to the next round, and he could hurt Bayern in the semi.

bucky

People have been mentioning Aouar on here for the best part of two years. Including myself. I think it was @bucky who mentioned him as a potential incoming a few years ago.

He won't come cheap because you know Mr Aulas. I'd say between £60m to £70m.
Missed the game, did he play well? I always thought he should be one of our number one targets should Pogba leave. If Pogba is staying I don't think he works for us. Bruno Guimaraes or Caqueret on the other hand might be better suited to replate Matic.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I personally didn't think it was exactly a masterclass, not sure why people are gushing
Pep was talking him and the entire Lyon set up in post game interview, as a excuse for his defeat.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Missed the game, did he play well? I always thought he should be one of our number one targets should Pogba leave. If Pogba is staying I don't think he works for us. Bruno Guimaraes or Caqueret on the other hand might be better suited to replate Matic.
Guimaraes I wanted when he was in Brazil and was available for £20m reportedly. Now we have to deal with Mr Aulas..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He played well but lost abit of gusto in the second half. But he's not only good on the ball, he's also a very good player off the ball, due to his immense work rate which is ideal for any team that wants to press high.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People have been mentioning Aouar on here for the best part of two years. Including myself. I think it was @bucky who mentioned him as a potential incoming a few years ago.

He won't come cheap because you know Mr Aulas. I'd say between £60m to £70m.
Which would still be a smart investment than Grealish. This obsession with English players is really hurting us by missing some talented players

Thought he was alright, was miles better in the second half than the first in terms of dribbling out of pressure. Looks a classy little player but think the expectations being placed on him are far too much, at least another season with Lyon would do him well before a big move. Can see why there's rumors of Pep liking him though, if he develops correctly he could be a Thiago like midfielder.

RashyForPM

He is sensational. I already knew he was good from the sporadic times I’ve watched him, but not to this extent. At times, it looked impossible to tackle him. He massively outshone De Bruyne, who was head and shoulders City’s best player.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Quality player. I feel some casting judgement on a stand-alone performance last night are doing him a disservice. Him and his team were up against a strong favourite in City and I felt Garcia’s tactics made it difficult for Lyon’s players to truly express themselves.

Aouar has demonstrated impressive technical skills and reading of the game over the last number of seasons now, which is a far better metric for judging him rather than one 90-minute match.

I’d have him at United for the money that’s being touted, no question about it.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

If he starts being consistent, right now probably not.
Because the players ahead of him are consistent?? Consistently shit maybe for a lot of them.
Pogba is the only French midfielder better than him.
You could argue Kante but he's not competing with him anyway.

He should be ahead of Ndombele Tolisso Matuidi and Sissoko.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because the players ahead of him are consistent?? Consistently shit maybe for a lot of them.
Pogba is the only French midfielder better than him.
You could argue Kante but he's not competing with him anyway.

He should be ahead of Ndombele Tolisso Matuidi and Sissoko.
That's not the point, it's very difficult for any player to get into a successful national team when they aren't consistent. If France wasn't succesful, you may have a point, trying a lot of things would have happened as we did between 2012 and 2015 but nowadays it's a lot more difficult to get in. And even then the likes of Camavinga or this season Rongier, Camara have shown more consistency in midfield than Aouar.

And no he shouldn't be ahead of these players because he hasn't been good for a large portion of the last 18 months.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Could also be Arsenal bound talks of cash and Guendouzi deal potentially. I will cry if he ends up there!

BalanceUnAutreJoint

That's not the point, it's very difficult for any player to get into a successful national team when they aren't consistent. If France wasn't succesful, you may have a point, trying a lot of things would have happened as we did between 2012 and 2015 but nowadays it's a lot more difficult to get in. And even then the likes of Camavinga or this season Rongier, Camara have shown more consistency in midfield than Aouar.

And no he shouldn't be ahead of these players because he hasn't been good for a large portion of the last 18 months.
If Camavinga was 22 no one would even care about the season he's just had. He is a fantastic talent for his age but he's not even close to Aouar as a player currently. More consistency in getting red cards? Or being subbed off early by Stephan? Maybe.

Aouar has consistently destroyed Marseille every time they've faced Lyon. Camara is one of the biggest offender of actual French overhyping. Marseille produces so little talent for such a big fanbase that they jump the gun at the slightest occasion and will overhype their products because they're jealous of Lyon and PSG producing better talents

I wonder how he could not have been good for 18 months when just this season he was Lyon's best player in both domestic cups and the Champions League.
Scored against Leipzig to stay in the UCL, got the assist during the 1-0 win vs Juve, won the penalty in the return leg, got an assist and involved in 2 out of 3 goals vs City.

You're comparing him to Rongier and Camara like seriously what's next Morgan Sanson? Watch these clowns get 0 points in the CL next year.

This "Aouar inconsistent" is low level French punditry. Lyon isn't consistent as a team because they're poorly run from a managerial aspect, he's never struggled showing his quality when needed'

And again bringing up consistency when we're calling up Ndombele, Sissoko, Nzonzi, Lemar is a big ???

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If Camavinga was 22 no one would even care about the season he's just had. He is a fantastic talent for his age but he's not even close to Aouar as a player currently. More consistency in getting red cards? Or being subbed off early by Stephan? Maybe.

Aouar has consistently destroyed Marseille every time they've faced Lyon. Camara is one of the biggest offender of actual French overhyping. Marseille produces so little talent for such a big fanbase that they jump the gun at the slightest occasion and will overhype their products because they're jealous of Lyon and PSG producing better talents

I wonder how he could not have been good for 18 months when just this season he was Lyon's best player in both domestic cups and the Champions League.
Scored against Leipzig to stay in the UCL, got the assist during the 1-0 win vs Juve, won the penalty in the return leg, got an assist and involved in 2 out of 3 goals vs City.

You're comparing him to Rongier and Camara like seriously what's next Morgan Sanson? Watch these clowns get 0 points in the CL next year.

This "Aouar inconsistent" is low level French punditry. Lyon isn't consistent as a team because they're poorly run from a managerial aspect, he's never struggled showing his quality when needed'

And again bringing up consistency when we're calling up Ndombele, Sissoko, Nzonzi, Lemar is a big ???
Dude, I answered a simple question about whether he will be with France. The answer is simple, only if he shows more consistency that's true for all players that's how they all joined the team, that's the reason why he hasn't been selected yet, if you don't like it go to the FFF. No one is saying that Aouar isn't very talented but that's not how you get selected for a national team.

And stop being defensive for no reason, it's not about Marseille and no one needs your defending.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Dude, I answered a simple question about whether he will be with France. The answer is simple, only if he shows more consistency that's true for all players that's how they all joined the team, that's the reason why he hasn't been selected yet, if you don't like it go to the FFF. No one is saying that Aouar isn't very talented but that's not how you get selected for a national team.

And stop being defensive for no reason, it's not about Marseille and no one needs your defending.
It's not the reason why he hasn't been called up. As I said before Deschamps calls tons of players who aren't consistent or who are consistently mediocre.
He just doesn't fit the system Deschamps wants to play.
The thing is that Deschamps shouldn't be so stubborn about playing a system that requires him to call up washed up players who have gone into significant decline because he has no clear replacements for any of them.

He'll end up like Low in 2018 if he insists on playing a football that the Netherlands easily exposed and that the entire world has seen win the world cup and will prepare for.

Kostov

This guy is class and someone will bag him for 50m euros. Wish we try and bring him in, absolutely took the piss out of City last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.