Houssem Aouar | signs for Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's not the reason why he hasn't been called up. As I said before Deschamps calls tons of players who aren't consistent or who are consistently mediocre.
He just doesn't fit the system Deschamps wants to play.
The thing is that Deschamps shouldn't be so stubborn about playing a system that requires him to call up washed up players who have gone into significant decline because he has no clear replacements for any of them.

He'll end up like Low in 2018 if he insists on playing a football that the Netherlands easily exposed and that the entire world has seen win the world cup and will prepare for.
All of these players were selected when they were consistent and played very well for France, the WC winners.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
France have some serious talent coming up all over the pitch.

pratyush_utd

They're loaded with CB's. Wonder if Deschamps might employ a 3 CB formation to accomodate all these CB talents.
They are reigning World Champions and it seems like their next generation is even better than current one. How crazy is that?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They are reigning World Champions and it seems like their next generation is even better than current one. How crazy is that?
Let's not over react, most of these players have done nothing in football. They have a long way to go before claiming that they are better than the WC winners or even actual top players. Now it's good to see that we have a lot of potential and should have opportunities to freshen up the team.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Let's not over react, most of these players have done nothing in football. They have a long way to go before claiming that they are better than the WC winners or even actual top players. Now it's good to see that we have a lot of potential and should have opportunities to freshen up the team.
Stop coming into threads with your level headed, rationale thoughts JP! Party pooper :lol:

Joking bud.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Completely agree with you on this.

Most of them have been performing admirably at smaller clubs and are very early on in their careers. Of course some will drop off and be ok players and a few may push onto elite level.

France are in a great position as they have lots of emerging young talent so only time will tell.

pratyush_utd

I forgot to add "potentially". I am quite excited for France as I quite like the country. Your reigning champion team is anyway still young and as you said, your next gen can help freshen up the team hopefully without significant loss of quality.

dbs235

This guy is class and someone will bag him for 50m euros. Wish we try and bring him in, absolutely took the piss out of City last night.
Ironically the most rumours I remember hearing about were him going to City. And a few to Juve.

red thru&thru

Unfortunately no links for us with this guy. I think he would be really good but won't be to us.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
imagine we’d gone for Grealish over Bruno or something like that and how different things could be now. I’m hopeful ole and our scouts aren’t just going to go for English players by default. An English core is a good thing and we have that now. These days especially when cash is low there are relative bargains to be had from other leagues, this guy would be expensive though. He has shrewd Bayern or city player for 50 million written all over him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I have real issues with talented players like him who only shows up when they want to. I had the same reservations about Ndombele even if he was a bit more consistent with Lyon.

Of course, he's still young but far too often it shows a state of mind that prevents this kind of players from reaching the highest level. When his team dives, he dives with everybody and doesn't show a whole lot of guts or personnality. With a player like Puig for exemple, you could sometimes say "Barcelona is terrible but he brings something to the table". When Lyon is poor, he's equally poor and he's one of many reason why the ended up at the 7th spot in ligue 1.

King Andow

I'm a fan of Guimarães but this guy looks a level above, we should be all over him.

Womp

idiot
He's fecking class. It's impossible to press the guy. This guy, along with Sancho and we would be fecking cheering. Don't think we'd be interested though

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like how he seems to have endless stamina, looks after the ball really well and always wants to be on it as well.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Very impressive today.
Are their any rumors about him leaving?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Aulas should absolutely be a pain in the ass regarding any deal

Best case scenario no one matches his valuation and he gets to keep his shiny toy one more year.

Or maybe he really needs that cash after the Covid debacle and the league being cancelled who knows.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Aulas should absolutely be a pain in the ass regarding any deal

Best case scenario no one matches his valuation and he gets to keep his shiny toy one more year.

Or maybe he really needs that cash after the Covid debacle and the league being cancelled who knows.
He kept him this season. If I were Aouar I’d be looking to move he’s just performed to a very good level in the CL his stock is high

red thru&thru

Juninho has said him and Dembele will leave, I would take both here.

But seems like City will get Aouar.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I feel he's a worse version of Bernardo Silva, who's already on the bench at times for City. I guess with David Silva leaving, he could be interesting to them, but I don't think he'd see much of the field at least without improving his consistency.

Rolaholic

Would give us an injection of real quality in Ole's MF options but I'm certain he'll demand a pretty large fee as their best player. He'd provide much better value than most of the other similar players that we've been linked to this summer though

Would love for it to happen but I'd be shocked if he doesn't end up at Juventus or City

pratyush_utd

I would love us to get Grealish ( because I think he will be great in a better team) but if we are priced out then at 44m, this guy is no brainer.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
When you say good squad option,do you mean he'll be watching the games from the bench or from the stand ?

starman

:rolleyes: So many clowns mentioning Brooks, they don't even play in the same position....sometimes I don't think people have even watched the players that they comment on....

As for Aouar, he's sensational, would love to get him with the intention of eventually replacing Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.