Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Going to City to replace D Silva void.
I think that’s probably his best move. I can see him starting for City so:

Rodri
De Brunye Aouar

I do think he’d be a terrific player for us though too. Excellent on the ball and also hardworking when required.

MetoTTT

I think that’s probably his best move. I can see him starting for City so:

Rodri
De Brunye Aouar

I do think he’d be a terrific player for us though too. Excellent on the ball and also hardworking when required.
He's a very good, gifted and promising player imo...inconsistent too. I think he will need the right manager and environment to devolop and become an excellent one. I'm not sure OGS and United are the right choice right now.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He's a very good, gifted and promising player imo...inconsistent too. I think he will need the right manager and environment to devolop and become an excellent one. I'm not sure OGS and United are the right choice right now.
I definitely think Pep is pretty much the perfect manager for his playstyle and City’s set up would compliment him very well.

Having said that I’d still back our coaching staff to get something out of him because he really is technically superb IMO and consistency is harder to come by when you’re at a club like Lyon.
Absolute baller
I really want to see him in the PL as I think he’d light it up.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Won't go to City unless their appeal is successful, Juventus is where he will end up most likely as I don't think City will be playing CL in 2021

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Won't go to City unless their appeal is successful, Juventus is where he will end up most likely as I don't think City will be playing CL in 2021
Didn’t think about that. If the ban is upheld I think you’re right. I don’t have any faith that it will mind.

romufc

If City did sign him, I would be really worried if I was Phil Foden.

He is being touted as the D. Silva replacement and if City sign a 21 year midfielder, where does that leave Foden?

Pep's Suit

Honestly I think Foden's overrated. More than ever fans feel disconnected from modern players so they're desperate for a local lad to make it. Don't get me wrong he's decent but this season City finish 25 points behind Pool so why exactly should Foden become a regular next year when Pep will be desperate to win it back?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

He is being touted as the D. Silva replacement and if City sign a 21 year midfielder, where does that leave Foden?
Actually i think id be more worried if I was Aouar... Not only having to try and get ahead of B silva (if he plays midfield) and gundogan but also with Foden coming through who the city heirachy and fans seem to have pinned a lot of hope for the future on ... could easily be that after a season or so an Aouar finds them-self stagnating on the bench for the next 4 years of their contract.
With home grown rules - plus the investment they put into the academy and seeming determined to have "one of their own" come through another young player is going to have to be quite a lot better than foden to keep him out of the team

romufc

Actually i think id be more worried if I was Aouar... Not only having to try and get ahead of B silva (if he plays midfield) and gundogan but also with Foden coming through who the city heirachy and fans seem to have pinned a lot of hope for the future on ... could easily be that after a season or so an Aouar finds them-self stagnating on the bench for the next 4 years of their contract.
With home grown rules - plus the investment they put into the academy and seeming determined to have "one of their own" come through another young player is going to have to be quite a lot better than foden to keep him out of the team
I would be surprised if him and his agent do not get assurances of playing time prior to joining the club. If they do not and he ends up joining city and stagnating, there can be no one to blame but himself.

We have seen alot of young players go to City and stagnate, so I wouldn't be surprised if this did happen.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Looks Aouar or Bennacer will replace D Silva.
I can’t see it with Bennacer but Pep was very complimentary of Aouar. I think he’d fit in perfectly there as he reminds me a bit of Iniesta (not saying he’s as good).

I think Foden is pretty safe in terms of future at City he’s still very young and I’d expect Foden to be the heir to Bernardo Silvas role when he inevitably moves to a bigger club.

Honestly I think Foden's overrated. More than ever fans feel disconnected from modern players so they're desperate for a local lad to make it. Don't get me wrong he's decent but this season City finish 25 points behind Pool so why exactly should Foden become a regular next year when Pep will be desperate to win it back?
I’m not sure he’s overrated he’s technically excellent and for his age performs very maturely. I agree though that City will desperately want one of their own playing regularly and Foden is someone who has shown he can cut it at the required level.
I think for Aouar it makes sense to have a settling in period but if he’s bought I’d expect him to play over Gundogan and B.Silva for me is a RW for Pep.

I do think Aouar is currently quite a bit better than Foden and arguably one of the best technical U21 (I know he’s nearly 22) midfielders in world football

Dr. McBeasty

In a match full of world class mids, he’s really standing out. The thought of him and pogba in a double pivot is absolutely mouth watering.

UtdAgain08

Looks like a classy player. He looks like a Pep player, might buy him straight after the game.

E-mal

In a match full of world class mids, he’s really standing out. The thought of him and pogba in a double pivot is absolutely mouth watering.
He's more a hybrid of 8 and 10 just like Pogba.
They'd need a CDM behind them.
So if we bought him, it will be Bruno, Pogba and Aouor for 2 positions.

E-mal

I love it when I’m right.

Told you he’s class!
You did tell me. I think we had a discussion about either him or Grealish.
I wanted Grealish because of his versatility on the wings and his power in the EPL.
But you're right, he is special.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I wanted Grealish because of his versatility on the wings and his power in the EPL.
Appreciate it.

Honestly my favourite Ligue 1 player for the past two seasons. I said before in this thread reminds me a bit of Iniesta on the ball when he carries but with a defensive work rate too.

I know the obligatory hipster comments come in because it’s suggesting someone outside of the PL but I stand by my view that he’s one of the best technically gifted U22 CMs in world football at the moment

Dr. McBeasty

He's more a hybrid of 8 and 10 just like Pogba.
They'd need a CDM behind them.
So if we bought him, it will be Bruno, Pogba and Aouor for 2 positions.
I see him as a true 8, but one that has the same technical ability as a 10, but the intelligence and positioning of a 6 (almost like Thiago, just flat out good enough to really play anywhere). Id think he and pogba is defensively sound enough for like 80% of our matches, can bring in a more dedicated DM as needed.

In Rainbows

The reason why Aouar would be a better buy is that he's cheaper. It makes no sense to go all out for Grealish when there is a talent like Aouar around. Which is a different scenario to Sancho, as there is no equivalent to be found.

Would be criminal if Pep gets him when he already has Foden for the next 10 years.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The reason why Aouar would be a better buy is that he's cheaper. It makes no sense to go all out for Grealish when there is a talent like Aouar around. Which is a different scenario to Sancho, as there is no equivalent to be found.

Would be criminal if Pep gets him when he already has Foden for the next 10 years.
You are talking about Lyon, there is no guarantee that he is cheaper unless if you expect Grealish to definitely cost more than Ndombélé did.

In Rainbows

You are talking about Lyon, there is no guarantee that he is cheaper unless if you expect Grealish to definitely cost more than Ndombélé did.
Yeah, I'm only going by reports assuming they are correct. They could very well be wrong, which in that case, you can discard my opinion on that.

Devil81

Wasn't Bakayoko the next big thing from Monaco...

You've got to handle these transfers from France with care, you could end up with an Ndombele on your hands.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

You've got to handle these transfers from France with care, you could end up with an Ndombele on your hands.
Not really, no. Bakayoko was a good DM in a very well worked side with Fabinho being the superior player. Ndombele was/is very talented but had a large issue - that being fitness/conditioning.

The Ligue 1 is arguably the best league to import from, going off of track records.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

No, Bakayoko was a flop for Monaco and played for 4 good months in a season that was his last chance. His transfer to Chelsea was a relief and a good laugh.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Completely different style of player.

There’s a monumental difference in their ability.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
People have been mentioning Aouar on here for the best part of two years. Including myself. I think it was @bucky who mentioned him as a potential incoming a few years ago.

He won't come cheap because you know Mr Aulas. I'd say between £60m to £70m.

E-mal

Saw a quote that it's going to be 54m

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why are we wasting time chasing Grealish when he is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.