Houssem Aouar | signs for Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattofManchester

He plays best in a more advanced role doesn't he?
So it would mean we'd end up signing another defensively lacking player to partner Bruno.

Not sure about that type of signing.

We need someone better at controlling games with their passing, who can aid more defensively, if we're going to replace Pogba, which seems likely

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Arsenal keep getting linked with him and I'm glad they keep signing Ceballos and signed Odegaard. But they'll probably get him at one point or the other.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Do you think he could be a good option for Us if Pogba leaves. Great work by the way anything new in pipeline on some Upcoming DM's.
He’s got the potential to be a world class press resistant midfielder. He’s not however a deep playmaker in the passing sense so would be able to link like Pogba but not in the same way.

I actually think whoever wrote that piece did a great job describing him as a player.

If you want a player that can break lines through short intricate passing and very good dribbling/ball carrying then he’d be a great choice.

Id love him at United but he’d be perfect for City IMO and if PSG were clever they could pick up a bargain. One things for certain he’s better than Lyon and a few years back between him and Ndombele he was the better player.

gajender

He’s got the potential to be a world class press resistant midfielder. He’s not however a deep playmaker in the passing sense so would be able to link like Pogba but not in the same way.

I actually think whoever wrote that piece did a great job describing him as a player.

If you want a player that can break lines through short intricate passing and very good dribbling/ball carrying then he’d be a great choice.

Id love him at United but he’d be perfect for City IMO and if PSG were clever they could pick up a bargain. One things for certain he’s better than Lyon and a few years back between him and Ndombele he was the better player.
The way he has been described he would be brilliant addition to any team just need to be paired with right partner maybe someone like Manuel locatelli or even Rice if he can develop his game further . Would be great if we can bring in two midfielder's next season if Pogba goes.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Do you think he could be a good option for Us if Pogba leaves. Great work by the way anything new in pipeline on some Upcoming DM's.
Based on his performance against City a few years back I would have said yes. Last few times I saw him didn't catch me eye and by all accounts, has not really kicked on. Talented lad though.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think he fits United as he has been playing more as a 10 or the most attacking 8, shaded to the left side, in a three man midfield. Earlier in his career he did play as part of a double pivot but he really hasn't done so much lately and to me there are some questions about whether he would have the physicality and engine to switch back to that kind of role in the Premier League. I think if you replaced Pogba with him you'd end up with a version of the same headache - its not really clear that he could co-exist in the same midfield as Bruno without sacrificing too much stability. In some ways Aouar might even be worse than Pogba in this respect because there is no doubt about Pogba's physical attributes, whereas Aouar is a little lightweight.

If you do sell Pogba, I don't think he's the player that makes sense. Better to get a player that is more of a passer and a true central midfielder who could play behind Bruno alongside a variety of partners.

Satissh12

Amid uncertainty surrounding Paul Pogba's future, #mufc are monitoring Houssem Aouar's situation, even though Arsenal and Spurs lead the chase. Solskjær views him as a good replacement for Pogba - and an offer of €25m could be enough to sign Aouar. [@LaurensJulien, ESPN]

Pep's Suit

Two years ago Lyon would only sell him for €60-70m. I think he's a fine player but Arsenal/Spurs/Everton/Leicester is his actual level.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think people will realise how good Labile is when his replacement starts playing for us.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Two years ago Lyon would only sell him for €60-70m. I think he's a fine player but Arsenal/Spurs/Everton/Leicester is his actual level.
We generally want Leicester’s players after they have signed them.

Judas

Open to offers
I think people will realise how good Labile is when his replacement starts playing for us.
Yep :( it's sad how things are looking like they'll end up.

Having said that I do really rate this lad, but I do wonder what his top level actually is. If he came in and delivered consistent performances that fitted the system, for the price, brilliant potential signing I think. He's still only 23!

Idxomer

He is an attacking midfielder who doesn't like to defend, what could possibly go wrong?

Kostov

Yes yes, probably something similar like Tielemans, Maguire and probably a dozen other pretty good already with potential to be great player that we've missed on in the previous years. Aouar could be a bargain for 25m and we should certainly be interested if Pogba leaves.

Judas

Open to offers
Yes yes, probably something similar like Tielemans, Maguire and probably a dozen other pretty good already with potential to be great player that we've missed on in the previous years. Aouar could be a bargain for 25m and we should certainly be interested if Pogba leaves.
Yep to me this is more accurate. He's got the potential to be one of those "why didn't we sign him when he was cheap, why are spending big on him now!!!!" type players. Of course he might not kick on, always a chance of that happening.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Don't rate the source, but he's a good player at a good price. Seems like good planning from Don Murtough.

MattofManchester

He plays in France, why would he bother to turn up all the time?
Why would you want someone with that kind of mentality?

We've already had enough of these over the last few years.
Who's to say he won't do that wherever he goes.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Reminder that Tielemans was also a total flop in L1.
If you suggested to sign him back when he joined Leicester everybody would've laughed at that given how his time at Monaco went.

Reyoji-Utd

Yep to me this is more accurate. He's got the potential to be one of those "why didn't we sign him when he was cheap, why are spending big on him now!!!!" type players. Of course he might not kick on, always a chance of that happening.
Yes. Like 2 yrs ago, everyone would like him here but looked like City or Arsenal get him and people were upset about us not in for him. We have to remember that he was 20/21 when his stock was high and players could struggle abit for whatever reasons.

I like the ways we conduct business lately with view of taking opportunity to look/sign some of the potentail players that tails off a bit the last yr or 2. We didnt do that enough the last few years unlike some other clubs.

And with Pogba, i think nobody question his ability at all, but people might just be indifferent to his leaving bc of what was going on re Raiola, constand rumors about leaving, consistency and position.

Jericholyte2

If we can get him for 20-25m EUR then surely he'd be a no-brainer even as a squad member, right?

beingshe7don

Do you realize the indiscipline Pogba brings to this team is what has been a letdown for us in midfield? He often leaves his partner hanging to pick up the pieces and also goes missing in the smallest of games. He was responsible for two penalties last season which were from mistimed tackles. Pogba is good no doubt and is the cherry on the top signing but we've got to bake the cake first instead of worrying of the condiments.

Pogba on his day brings his ability to pass long with precision as well as his ability to dribble. Not many in world football possess those qualities. Aouar is more of a dribbler and has a lot of similarities to Bruno in a way. He would thrive in a 4-3-3 with Bruno to his right. Unfortunately, we would still need that holding midfielder with a great passing range (basically a Carrick type player) to break the lines. I wish we had gone for Aouar instead of VDB as he suits the way a lot more than VDB. VDB is more of a one-touch player who can pass through the lines in the final third but doesn't have the quality to dribble. Also playing VDB deeper in midfield just isn't gonna work since he doesn't have the passing range.

Camavinga is one player I really hope we get as he's got a lot of potential. Camavinga and Saul would work wonders in this team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We spend so many hours talking and arguing about players that are not even on our radar.

Our name was thrown in for the sake of it from what I’ve seen.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
About time we got linked with someone new. Sign him even if pogba doesn't leave, 20m is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.