Houssem Aouar

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's going on with Fekir (outside of injuries)? Is his trajectory still looking skyward, or has that all died off now?
Cherki? Because Fékir is 29, injuries have totally stalled his development, he is pretty good when fit but still struggle with that.

Cherki is pretty talented but he is still young and immature as a footballer, he lacks consistency and effectiveness.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Cherki? Because Fékir is 29, injuries have totally stalled his development, he is pretty good when fit but still struggle with that.

Cherki is pretty talented but he is still young and immature as a footballer, he lacks consistency and effectiveness.
Cherki! sorry! Unrequited love in for Fekir clouding my mind. :lol:

So Cherki has fallen off in terms of expectations?

I know you've got a veritable conveyor belt of talent, so a drop in the ocean is hardly likely to be missed, right?

JPRouve

Scout
Cherki! sorry! Unrequited love in for Fekir clouding my mind. :lol:

So Cherki has fallen off in terms of expectations?

I know you've got a veritable conveyor belt of talent, so a drop in the ocean is hardly likely to be missed, right?
I don't know if he has fallen off because anyone with a bit of sense knew that he was talented but not to the point where he would definitely be a top player at 19 years old. So I wouldn't say that he has fallen off but he isn't a guaranteed success either, he is a developping talented player.

bucky

Then stats are extremely meaningful. :D

But seriously I didn't pay any attention to stats, Aouar isn't a mystery when you watch Lyon. His trajectory reminds me Gonalons, he was genuinely good as a teenager and bang average later.
:lol:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Could have got in Jan wasn't it?
Probably but I have doubts that he’s physically capable of playing in the PL. Technically he’s superb but I’m not sure he has the physical attributes needed.

L1nk

So what's this guys deal then? Available on a free and all he can do is Roma? He's still only 24 and there's definitely a lot of people on here who wanted him at one point, am I missing something? If he's as good as i've read he is why aren't top top teams battling it out for his signature

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
His star will reignite at Roma. Ever since he decided he'd not renew with Lyon they have steadily phased him out. Stalled his career as a result.
I’m not sure - I can’t see him as a midfielder Mou will love. But let’s see. I think he’s class. Wish we were in for him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You'd think we could use him really.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I’m not sure - I can’t see him as a midfielder Mou will love. But let’s see. I think he’s class. Wish we were in for him.
There must be a reason why no club wanted to spend a penny to sign him despite all the hype? And that even on a free Roma is the best he can get.

jesperjaap

So what's this guys deal then? Available on a free and all he can do is Roma? He's still only 24 and there's definitely a lot of people on here who wanted him at one point, am I missing something? If he's as good as i've read he is why aren't top top teams battling it out for his signature
Yes I remember when he was 20-21 people all raving about him. I am surprised a lot of premiership sides are not in for him personally....not the top sides as though technically really good I dont think he is top tier....but sides like Villa, Brighton, West Ham etc etc....think he would be a really good signing for these teams, especially as free

Gandalf

There must be a reason why no club wanted to spend a penny to sign him despite all the hype? And that even on a free Roma is the best he can get.
Some mad disrespect Roma are getting in this thread. The next poster was going on about West Ham, Villa and Brighton as options, I would choose Roma over any mid table PL club even if it was for only half the money.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Some mad disrespect Roma are getting in this thread. The next poster was going on about West Ham, Villa and Brighton as options, I would choose Roma over any mid table PL club even if it was for only half the money.
I almost added that I don't mean that in any disrespect to Roma :wenger: You're absolutely right about, although I think a lot of players would choose those PL clubs over them.

L1nk

I think my point was to say, nothing against Roma, but i heard so much about this guys skill at one point that it wouldn't have surprised me if he joined the likes of Bayern, City, Madrid, Barcelona etc but clearly I heard wrong

the_cliff

I think my point was to say, nothing against Roma, but i heard so much about this guys skill at one point that it wouldn't have surprised me if he joined the likes of Bayern, City, Madrid, Barcelona etc but clearly I heard wrong
He had 2 really good seasons then had problems since... Clubs probably saw the decline of his midfield partner (Ndombele) and thought better to hold off. let's see if Mourinho can revive his career.

redIndianDevil

What sort of a midfielder is he? He can’t be worse than Fred. Even if he is like Sabitzer we can use him to improve squad depth.

CM10

We could do a lot worse than signing Aouar as a squad player on a free, especially if the budget is tight.

It doesn't look like we're interested but it might've been worthwhile even if it only enabled us to cut some of the deadwood.

Ekeke

What sort of a midfielder is he? He can’t be worse than Fred. Even if he is like Sabitzer we can use him to improve squad depth.
Technical dribbler who can find a pass or score a goal sometimes.

Had 4 assists and 1 goal in 8 appearances in the champions league in 19/20. 7 goals and 7 assists in france in 18/19 his best end product I dont know if he was mostly playing left wing by that point or as a CM. But thats what started to happen. He went from a midfielder joining the attack to playing on the left side. But he doesnt have the end product to justify playing in attack/left wing really. He's 24 so he could either find the end product in the future or play as a technical CM who makes things happen from a bit deeper than that which is still what he's best at right now.

redIndianDevil

Technical dribbler who can find a pass or score a goal sometimes.

Had 4 assists and 1 goal in 8 appearances in the champions league in 19/20. 7 goals and 7 assists in france in 18/19 his best end product I dont know if he was mostly playing left wing by that point or as a CM. But thats what started to happen. He went from a midfielder joining the attack to playing on the left side. But he doesnt have the end product to justify playing in attack/left wing really. He's 24 so he could either find the end product in the future or play as a technical CM who makes things happen from a bit deeper than that which is still what he's best at right now.
Sort of like Pogba then? If he is good at carrying the ball from the deep quickly then we could sign him to play next to Casemiro in the midfield.

JPRouve

Scout
Sort of like Pogba then? If he is good at carrying the ball from the deep quickly then we could sign him to play next to Casemiro in the midfield.
He has nothing to do with Pogba. And he has barely been good enough for Lyon.

Oranges038

He was highly rated a few years ago.

Doesn't seem like he's developed that much at all.

Avoid.

redIndianDevil

He has nothing to do with Pogba. And he has barely been good enough for Lyon.
He couldn't even be a backup or squad option for us? Only seeing this from a financial point of view, he is on a free, his signing on fee and wages won't be much. He is young as well, if he can't cut it we might even make a profit on him.

JPRouve

Scout
He couldn't even be a backup or squad option for us? Only seeing this from a financial point of view, he is on a free, his signing on fee and wages won't be much. He is young as well, if he can't cut it we might even make a profit on him.
He isn't a good backup or squad option for a struggling Lyon. Aouar would be a pretty big gamble, maybe Mourinho will put him back on track but Aouar has been a below average Ligue 1 midfielder since roughly 2018-2019. If we want cheap gambles we may as well use our own academy players.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Shame he never kicked on, I remember watching his Lyon side know out City in the CL in 2020 and thinking we should be right in for him. Real waste.