How about chaning the name of the ground ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav1878

I once read an article that suggested we change the name of the ground to :

THE

SIR MATT BUSBY
and
SIR ALEX FERGUSON

STADIUM
AT

OLD TRAFFORD

Given SAF's recent health problem it might be a good time to think about it. I think it does a good job of payin homage to our two reat managers and keeps the words Old Trafford for easy use and therby maintaining the traditional name. Should the Glazers want to sell the naming rights, which I wouldn't rule out somewhere down the line, the extra name could be incorporated without chaging the rest.

What do you think ?
What? They have stands and roads named after them already with statues too.

Worst idea I've heard in a long time

Pav1878

Just stick with Old Trafford and ditch that god awful cringe worthy "Theater of Dreams" reference
Quite like the theatre of dreams. It goes with the romance of our club's history.

No other club has something like that.

True, the current football and success is way off being dream like but I think it is a good reminder of what we should aspire to create at Manchester United. Dream nights for the fans and for young players coming through the ranks.

jackofalltrades

Quite like the theatre of dreams. It goes with the romance of our club's history.

No other club has something like that.

True, the current football and success is way off being dream like but I think it is a good reminder of what we should aspire to create at Manchester United. Dream nights for the fans and for young players coming through the ranks.
You think dying in a plane crash is romantic ?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It would be good to create a chain for the stadium name. Other clubs could pay United a fee to have their stadium called Old Trafford Mk II or Mk III.

Chaining the name is what the OP meant yeah? :rolleyes:

UpWithRivers

change it to WLABABFG (we live and breathe attractive beautiful football guaranteed)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Chaning Tatum stand.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I assumed this was a thread about chanting Old Trafford.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Can we rename this thread, "The place where bad thoughts go to die"?

Fingeredmouse

How did you make it to full member?? We should never change the name and the "theatre of dreams" still means a lot to the older fans like me :p
Yes, the Megastore of Forbidden Desires still resonates with me too. They best not chane that.

Status
Not open for further replies.