How are you coping as a City fan?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Since they went on the uber ridiculous spending spree leading up to and just after appointing Pep, I find it really hard to give a shite about them either way. Even more so now it's come out that they had to cheat in order to do it.

Maybe if we were in the title race or if they had a few more insufferable twats as players it'd be different, but I genuinely feel nothing about them.

I think part of it is the media as well. They won the league with record points and goals last season and it was just kind of treated like them doing what they were supposed to do. Same this season. They basically just get ignored. With Liverpool you can't even have a hint of them winning something without it being constantly rammed down everyone's throats. While back in the day the media used to love kissing up to Arsenal and then Chelsea when Jose first showed up.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I was going to put the Watford game on before until I realised I'd be in that exact predicament of wanting them to win, but also wanting them to get thrashed :lol: just avoided it altogether and enjoyed the fact they had won afterwards

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I have to think that it must be very hollow to be a City fan. I mean, most I've met seem to support City because they hate United, rather than the other way around. Getting one over on United seems more important to them than anything they could ever actually win - remember their fans actually crying in the stands of the Etihad last year after the 3-2 even though the league was sewn up, just because they couldn't win it in the game against United?

And now they've had most United fans actually cheering their team on. To any of them with a bit of self-awareness, wouldn't that make the whole thing seem fecking meaningless?

Reactions: VeevaVee

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I robbed an old Everton shirt from a museum and washed it at super high temperature. Perfect. I cleansed my conscience of any human rights abuses. I started wearing daft yellow ribbons to pretend I gave a shit about Catalan this Catalan that.

Then I started to sing along with my new mates with their brilliant chants and songs. I love how “coleslaw” rhymes with “Denis Law”. Clever. I have a new Pep in my step.

It was easier than expected given they play decent football. I dont really care what they do much like nobody really cares what Chelsea do. It's all a bit hollow and makes it easier to live with.

Much happier to be a Spurs fan now though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Stand up and applaud and smile for the champions, make it look like you are a passionate supporter!

It was a relief to see Liverpool miss out on the title. All of City's success seems completely hollow to me. That being said, I'm firmly behind Watford in the FA cup final. Could not care less about having to play a Europa qualifying round..

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
I have to think that it must be very hollow to be a City fan. I mean, most I've met seem to support City because they hate United, rather than the other way around. Getting one over on United seems more important to them than anything they could ever actually win - remember their fans actually crying in the stands of the Etihad last year after the 3-2 even though the league was sewn up, just because they couldn't win it in the game against United?

And now they've had most United fans actually cheering their team on. To any of them with a bit of self-awareness, wouldn't that make the whole thing seem fecking meaningless?
Most City fans I know now hate Liverpool far more than Utd.

Unthinkable even up to a couple of years ago but they really do now.

Last years UCL quarter final at Anfield was the turning point.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

To anyone with a bit of self-awareness, you'd realise City fans find it pretty fecking funny that United fans have been forced to cheer us on because a rival they hate more is competing for the title. I felt bad enough when I had to watch United and hope they won when they played Liverpool this season, I can't imagine having to go the majority of a season doing that.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma

It's bound to happen with them being their main competitors. United will be the main rivals they hate when they start challenging again

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Probably a bit better than Gary Neville's coping:

Josh 76

Add Chelsea, Everton, Utd and probably Spurs fans (after June 1st) to that list.
Scousers becoming the most hated team.

Token Sheet

It's bound to happen with them being their main competitors. United will be the main rivals they hate when they start challenging again
Tbh it's more to do with what happened to their team bus that night and the general cnutish behaviour of their fans.

There really is a bitter resentment towards them since that night.

I get that we may not be their main completion atm but there's years of hatred towards us which hasn't gone away.

It's just they've now realised how horrible Liverpool fans really can be. Something which Utd fans have known for years.....

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
Tbh it's more to do with what happened to their team bus that night and the general cnutish behaviour of their fans.

There really is a bitter resentment towards them since that night.

I get that we may not be their main completion atm but there's years of hatred towards us which hasn't gone away.

It's just they've now realised how horrible Liverpool fans really can be. Something which Utd fans have known for years.....
Ah fairs, completely forgot about that. Out of interest, if you had to rank your rivalry in terms of the team you hate most, where you rank Liverpool, Man City and Leeds? Saw a recent interview from Gary Neville where he said there's more hostility from Leeds which surprised me because I thought that would be Liverpool...to be fair I have a few Man United mates who said they hate Leeds fans more than Pool (they think of City as a little brother).

Token Sheet

Ah fairs, completely forgot about that. Out of interest, if you had to rank your rivalry in terms of the team you hate most, where you rank Liverpool, Man City and Leeds? Saw a recent interview from Gary Neville where he said there's more hostility from Leeds which surprised me because I thought that would be Liverpool...to be fair I have a few Man United mates who said they hate Leeds fans more than Pool (they think of City as a little brother).
It will always be Liverpool, City then probably Leeds for me.

Mind you don't particularly like Roma as I was there in 2007 for that infamous game. :D

Moriarty

I hate Leeds more than anyone; even more than Bolton. Can't say I love Liverpool but I certainly respect what they've done over time and, to be fair, their European pedigree if superior to ours by some distance. We have far more in common with our Scouse brethren than we do with Leeds. Don't mind City. Back in the 40s and 50s, my dad and granddad would go to Maine Road one week and Old Trafford the next. They were United fans but they didn't travel to away games.

Dante

Average bang
Guardiola was Barca manager for 4 seasons, Bayern manager for 3 seasons, and just about to complete 3 seasons at City.

I think there's a 50% chance he'll quit after the FA Cup final, and 100% chance he won't stay past next season.

That's how I'm coping.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
It will always be Liverpool, City then probably Leeds for me.

Mind you don't particularly like Roma as I was there in 2007 for that infamous game. :D
I don't blame you to be honest, some of our fans (and pretty much fans of all clubs in Italy in general) are a bit.....well immature is the pc way to say it :nervous:

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
I hate Leeds more than anyone; even more than Bolton. Can't say I love Liverpool but I certainly respect what they've done over time and, to be fair, their European pedigree if superior to ours by some distance. We have far more in common with our Scouse brethren than we do with Leeds. Don't mind City. Back in the 40s and 50s, my dad and granddad would go to Maine Road one week and Old Trafford the next. They were United fans but they didn't travel to away games.
Always found it strange how most United fans dislike Leeds more than Liverpool. Then in Italy, we always look at it from a competitive point of view so you two were always the main rivals whereas Leeds were hardly in the equation.

Sir Matt Busby though, one of a kind to be affiliated with United, Man City and Liverpool. Love and respect that.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Guardiola was Barca manager for 4 seasons, Bayern manager for 3 seasons, and just about to complete 3 seasons at City.

I think there's a 50% chance he'll quit after the FA Cup final, and 100% chance he won't stay past next season.

That's how I'm coping.
No chance he quits after the cup final. Only chance he will not see out his contract might be if he wins the CL next season, then he might leave one year earlier. I really doubt it though.

Raven

That's how I'm coping.
Yup. I think he'll stay for one more crack at old big ears, but when he inevitably fails, he'll leave.

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City

That's how I'm coping.
Sadly (for us) probably true although I think he'll see out his contract.