How big is Cricket in England?

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
i wanna know how big is cricket in UK (England in particular)...Is that true that expariates from our sub continent are alone following that game.Here its more like a religion..Some say cos of the conservative attitude of the cricket authorites over there and high ticket prices are not doing any good to promote this elegant sport.Can some body explain?

MrBurns

Cricket, Rugby etc. are always gonna be behind Football in England.

Ticket prices arent that bad, but it doesnt get half as much publicity that soccer gets, unless we shock the world and win a test or summink.

Scanny

i wanna know how big is cricket in UK (England in particular)...Is that true that expariates from our sub continent are alone following that game.Here its more like a religion..Some say cos of the conservative attitude of the cricket authorites over there and high ticket prices are not doing any good to promote this elegant sport.Can some body explain?
T20 and The Hundred sell out grounds. I’ve been to a few of those as well as England women. Good crowds. But this is a football country. The history of cricket (and rugby union) is mired in class structure - elitist public school boy sports back in the day.
Football doesn’t have that history.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
good to know. look forward to the next update on the state of the game, in the 2040s.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
OK…

I would say in England cricket is the (distant) no2 sport behind football in 2024 in terms of a spectator sport country wide. The Ashes are massive in particular.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
OK…

I would say in England cricket is the (distant) no2 sport behind football in 2024 in terms of a spectator sport country wide. The Ashes are massive in particular.
Depends where in the country you are though. In some parts of northern England rugby league is probably no.2. In Scotland or Wales would be rugby union.