How come Ole can only get a semi? | Can he finally go all the way?

Paul_Scholes18

We do not have the best collective play. Squad not amazing too. Also I feel there can be mental factors at play here. He should have used the bench earlier today and tried to change the game once Sevilla did get back in it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Too much pressure at the top of football. Him and Pep should attend therapy.

Unfortunately we kept firing blanks today

Skills

Snitch
Cause it's unfair to expect anything of a manager unless he's got Trent and Robertson as his full backs, De Bruyne and Silva as his midfield Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe upfront and Sancho and Neymar to come off the bench. Unless you've got that kind of quality you just can't win anything. Tough shit.

Paul_Scholes18

It is bloody frustrating, but we need to look for a better manager if we want to win things. Someone that can both tactically and mentally lift his squad and with good coaches get us to play good football.

Valencia Shin Crosses

We do not have the best collective play. Squad not amazing too. Also I feel there can be mental factors at play here. He should have used the bench earlier today and tried to change the game once Sevilla did get back in it.
Who off the bench? Our midfield was dominant, so are you taking off Rashford for someone? Greenwood for James? Because James really lit it up when he came on.

People want to cry about subs, yet then scream at the subs when they come on and are predictably shite.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
In knockout games you need manager who is good tactically, reacts quickly, reads a game well and who has plan b, c, d etc...
Ole is not anything of that. 3rd, 4th spot will be his maximum. I said couple of times that we are new Arsenal but Arsenal at least wins something then and there

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Losing 3 semi-finals in one season is gonna be a huge mental obstacle for this team.
Or maybe it’s a great step forward to show how consistent we are.

We are on the journey back to being a champion team. It’s a great sign of progress

Crustanoid

Not his fault-we needed more depth so we can bring on players of quality earlier in the game. This is on Ed, and the Glazers. Our club needs to be focused on winning trophies, not making money for the greedy feckers who are making a living off a great club

Jacob

I think it boils down to lack of depth. We don't have a squad too play in more than one way (i.e. fast counter-attacking).

Bench is so poor we rather keep exhausted player on rather than subbing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Because the opponents tend to be tougher as you approach the final. And in each game we played like a bunch of 60 a day smokers.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He is not good enough, same as the team. He is the Lindelöf of managers.
Did you see Lindlelof Tete to Tete with Bruno, that's fecking what we need.
Lindlelof is not the softy people think he is,

Jacob

We set a record, at least.

You have to be in 3 semi finals, to lose 3 semi finals.
I take that tweet as a compliment but I'm sure he meant something else.

What an utterly stupid record to point out.

Superunknown

I think it boils down to lack of depth. We don't have a squad too play in more than one way (i.e. fast counter-attacking).

Bench is so poor we rather keep exhausted player on rather than subbing.
The other problem is that because the bench is poor, we have less options for rotation. Which means our best starting 11 get tired and that impacts the next few games. Having a poor bench doesn't just affect us within each game, it affects us across the whole season from game to game.

In a squad with more attacking options on the bench, Rashford would probably have been benched by now or at least giving the opportunity to come on in the second half as a different option.

This transfer window is huge. If we don't get at least 2 good players coming in (we need more) then I can't see us improving on this season. I think next season is going to be much harder due to this fecking virus.

Crashoutcassius

probably coincidence. got it tactically right tonight and just missed 8 or 9 chances. other semis i agree we lacked a bit of something. might improve with more options in the squad next season

Green_Red

Klopp had a similar issue with Liverpool for a a few finals. Look whats hes done since. Players on the pitch did well tonight. We have a young team who are still building their experience. Thats all. Don't need to read too much into this.

RoyH1

To be honest, Guardiola doesn’t get much past the semi’s either.
We need a couple more world class players to get over the hump.