How could you possibly be content with this?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The performances this season have been horrible tbh, apart from the Leeds game and Newcastle game which were both kind of exception days against shit teams.

Motorman

On the positive side of things, we are joint top with citeh, chelsea and liverpool.

But reality is, Liverpool have a game in hand, Chelsea have played citeh and Liverpool, citeh have played spurs and Chelsea etc etc.

We have played, wolves, Southampton, villa, Leeds, etc etc.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The thing with @Wumminator is that if you are at the opposite of his argument, you know that you are right. It has always been like that since 2013, in literally everything.
I was similar to @Wumminator in arguments with my friends when Fergie was around, always stubborn, defending our players, team, and saying we were good etc., but it was Fergie and he always proved me right in the end, and I was the last one lazghing. But @Wumminator doesn't understand that Ole, or anyone else since 2013 is nowhere near Fergie, ans that he simply puts too much in average manager like Ole who simply isn't good enough for this level.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Asked this last year. I'll ask again. How can anyone be content with any of the garbage we've witnessed under this fraud of a manager?
I'm not gonna lie i thought this thread was made midweek. Same club dominated us, same manager and still the same issues

Revan

Assumptionman
I was similar to @Wumminator in arguments with my friends when Fergie was around, always stubborn, defending our players, team, and saying we were good etc., but it was Fergie and he always proved me right in the end, and I was the last one lazghing. But @Wumminator doesn't understand that Ole, or anyone else since 2013 is nowhere near Fergie, ans that he simply puts too much in average manager like Ole who simply isn't good enough for this level.
He also worshipped Moyes, and hated Mourinho (who despite being shit, was easily the best manager we had post-SAF), so fair to say, he is just incredibly fond of shit managers.

NK86

Such a pathetic argument. Childlike in its delivery. Nobody is happy with losing, it's just some of us can handle it.
Third loss already this season. Out of one of the cups. Yeah, some people seem more comfortable taking losses than others it seems.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With McFred in the middle were going to get slaughtered by any half decent side.
:lol: Come on, man. They’re not great but the problem is quite blatantly beyond the players.

Villa had Jacob Ramsey (who?) and John McGinn and were winning the midfield fight. Young Boys had two players I’m sure nobody has ever heard of. I think one of their midfielders was a Luxembourg international.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The performances this season have been horrible tbh, apart from the Leeds game and Newcastle game which were both kind of exception days against shit teams.
To be fair even in the Newcastle game they were riping us apart on occasions. Certainly didn't feel like a 4-1

acnumber9

On the positive side of things, we are joint top with citeh, chelsea and liverpool.

But reality is, Liverpool have a game in hand, Chelsea have played citeh and Liverpool, citeh have played spurs and Chelsea etc etc.

We have played, wolves, Southampton, villa, Leeds, etc etc.
We won each of the equivalent fixtures last season. This season we’re 5 points down. With another £100m plus investment.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
:lol: Come on, man. They’re not great but the problem is quite blatantly beyond the players.

Villa had Jacob Ramsey (who?) and John McGinn and were winning the midfield fight. Young Boys had two players I’m sure nobody has ever heard of. I think one of their midfielders was a Luxembourg international.
Of course its on the manager and coaching as well. After all its the managers decision to field them in the middle.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He also worshipped Moyes, and hated Mourinho (who despite being shit, was easily the best manager we had post-SAF), so fair to say, he is just incredibly fond of shit managers.
Yeah, I forgot he worshipped Moyes :lol:

He just can't help himself.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
This has been a constant theme for the last three years. If you look at performance over result, there is no way you can be content with what we are producing.

Since, our night in Paris. I have noticed this. We beat psg despite not playing well and then get handled by Barcelona. At that moment, I was certain that I will not be content with our management team unless drastic changes been made. I am surprised he has lasted this long, but I guess that is what happens when the overall standard drops as well.

MichaelRed

Can't blame Ole ffs. If he had been allowed 100m to spend on Rice then Rice would have done a roulette past Luiz, flip-flapped past Cash, nutmegged Mings & rainbow flicked the keeper. Can't expect us to score goals or create a single clear cut chance when we're trying to blood youngsters like Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba & Cavani ffs.

justsomebloke

To be fair even in the Newcastle game they were riping us apart on occasions. Certainly didn't feel like a 4-1
What, the game where we had almost 65% possession and outshot the opponent 21/7 to 12/3? Some "ripping apart"....

It's becoming absurd, people see what they want to see. Reality doesn't enter into it.

Today - horrible, gut-wrenching, maddening result, not anywhere near as bad a performance. By any remotely reasonable definition, we completely dominated this game.

SuperiorXI

Can anyone explain to me why we couldn't have Sancho (or anyone capable of playing on the left) instead of Fred and Pogba in the middle? This is Aston Villa at home!!! Why do we need two players sitting in front of a so-called elite defence such as Varane and Maguire? People said we did that last season because there was no pace? Varane has the pace... AND he's a massive upgrade on Lindelof. So why are we still doing it? Shitbag tactics.

MichaelRed

What, the game where we had almost 65% possession and outshot the opponent 21/7 to 12/3? Some "ripping apart"....

It's becoming absurd, people see what they want to see. Reality doesn't enter into it.

Today - horrible, gut-wrenching, maddening result, not anywhere near as bad a performance. By any remotely reasonable definition, we completely dominated this game.
First half of that game we were absolutely shocking. At 1-1 they could & should have taken the lead. 4-1 flattered us so much because they crumbled at the end when the game was lost.

MUFC OK

With McFred in the middle were going to get slaughtered by any half decent side.
They got slaughtered today by a half decent side.. Mctominay today, what was that?? We're in big trouble imo everything looks unbalanced and disjointed.

LoneStar

Apparently we need a new CDM and a RB to win games against the likes of West Ham, Young boys and Aston Villa. Shocking.

Such a stacked squad being wasted away with terrible coaching.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Can't blame Ole ffs. If he had been allowed 100m to spend on Rice then Rice would have done a roulette past Luiz, flip-flapped past Cash, nutmegged Mings & rainbow flicked the keeper. Can't expect us to score goals or create a single clear cut chance when we're trying to blood youngsters like Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba & Cavani ffs.
I saw someone in another thread make the excuse that Ronaldo becoming available shifted the club's priority away from making a midfield signing.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He likes the idea that someone is a United manager, it makes him feel fuzzy inside. Moyes to him felt right, Scottish, hard worker etc etc.
For Wummy, a manager being part of the ethos is way more important than winning.
The United way, right?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
In 3 competitions too. We are doing things very fast this season.
If i was ole i would prioritize the fa cup and the cl instead of the league. With our lack of consistency we are no where near being in a title race. Top 4 plus one of the cups should be ole's target.

izec

Can anyone explain to me why we couldn't have Sancho (or anyone capable of playing on the left) instead of Fred and Pogba in the middle? This is Aston Villa at home!!! Why do we need two players sitting in front of a so-called elite defence such as Varane and Maguire? People said we did that last season because there was no pace? Varane has the pace... AND he's a massive upgrade on Lindelof. So why are we still doing it? Shitbag tactics.
Ole is a cautious manager, and defensively minded. He thinks with setting up with 2 DMs, he can get away with stuffing players in attack and outscoring. But the issue is we dont create and have no control.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
If i was ole i would prioritize the fa cup and the cl instead of the league. With our lack of consistency we are no where near being in a title race. Top 4 plus one of the cups should be ole's target.
Prioritize for CL?
It would be like I would prioritize my budget to buy a Ferrari…I could try but…

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It’s now a matter of when does he get sacked and we can move on to the next cycle of hope before the despair

Dominos

Honestly I'm quite bored of hearing this because it assumes our opposition is littered with elite level talent in their central midfield.

Aston Villa can come to Old Trafford and play us off the park with a midfield of Mcginn Ramsey and Douglas? Really?

How can our star studded front 4 not score a single goal in a game that was wide open like today? How much money have we spent on our defence and they're still being ripped to shreds?

There is just no cohesion anywhere in the team from our pressing, passing, ball retention. 3 years into the current regime and 100s of millions spent and people still put it down solely to personnel.

SuperiorXI

Ole is a cautious manager, and defensively minded. He thinks with setting up with 2 DMs, he can get away with stuffing players in attack and outscoring. But the issue is we dont create and have no control.
But that's just like a sandwich with no filling... or a formula one car with no engine. You can't just give up creativity in the midfield, we see it time and time again these days with United, just the bare minimum in midfield and I've had enough.

Those two wouldn't look out of place playing for a Burnley/Norwich/Palace etc.

izec

But that's just like a sandwich with no filling... or a formula one car with no engine. You can't just give up creativity in the midfield, we see it time and time again these days with United, just the bare minimum in midfield and I've had enough.

Those two wouldn't look out of place playing for a Burnley/Norwich/Palace etc.
That is exactly what it is. I mean Ole the manager wouldn't even be good enough for these teams, so in that sense....