How do Real Madrid rebuild?

AneRu

Whilst normally I would agree, but we live in a world now where players and agents are earning extraordinary sums of money, and it’s got to a pay where no club can realistically afford to pay a fee as well as the salaries. What I’m getting at is you will likely see more free transfers, mbappes runs out in 2022....
If they get Mbappe on a free then it would be a huge coup and make the whole rebuild doable. In the summer of 2021 I think them getting a CB, Upemacano and a CM like Camavinga will be enough to propel them to another title and a deep CL run.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If they get Mbappe on a free then it would be a huge coup and make the whole rebuild doable. In the summer of 2021 I think them getting a CB, Upemacano and a CM like Camavinga will be enough to propel them to another title and a deep CL run.
Would PSG let Mbappe go on a free

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think another big spend up on huge talent will happen, but maybe not until summer 22. The likes of haaland, Camavinga, will all be brought in alongside an Mbappe or someone of that calibre.
Camavinga is a couple of years away from being able to start in a club like Real Madrid, We barely know where he should play.

The problem with real madrid is that they relied a lot on Marcelo + Carvajal to move the ball forward and cover for Casemiro's lack of quality with the ball + Kroos' inconsistancy (even if he could have a good full season).
With Modric aging (I doubt he can sustain the level he displayed for the past couple of weeks), Marcelo as good as gone and Carvajal underperforming, they litteraly have to entirely rebuild there entire system.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
If he runs his contract down they wouldnt have a choice in the matter.
I'm pretty sure we'll sell him this summer if we can't extend his contract, we can't sit on 150+ millions.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
I see many are doubful about Odegaard. However, he was fantastic until his jumpers knee problem in Real Sociedad, and also has had two other injuries on top of that lately. If he can overcome the jumpers knee, I have no doubt he will be fantastic for Real Madrid, as long as they get people like Mbappe or Haaland or someone else that makes those runs behind the defence. Since Odegaard plays balls behind and through the lines and you need these kind of players and not Benzema etc. to utilize Odegaard best. This season he has not been himself but there is reasons for that. He is still only 21 but people tend to forget he is still young.

And how long will Ramos play? It seems like RM with and without him is two different teams. They will need a replacement of high quality there also.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
Biggest and most iconic foorball team on the planet, they maybe a bit short on funds at the moment, but they'll be back winning the big trophies in no time at all, meanwhile the ''self proclaimed'' biggest club in the world will be 9 years into their rebuild with very little to show.

Kazi

They’ll probably lay low for 5 years like they did before Ronaldo arrived and then be monsters again

They actually rebuild properly as they know it takes time for it to happen

I’m more worried about our own rebuild to be honest

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But why would Madrid pay 150m for him if they thought they could get him for free a year later?
Because why would Mbappé accept staying another year if he wants out and PSG decide to sell?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
But why would Madrid pay 150m for him if they thought they could get him for free a year later?
I'm not sure PSG will be ok with, they could always renew him so I think it's unlikely but if so it would be amazing for Real Madrid. Still I'd prefer Haaland right know with his more direct style, think he would do better here on our current set up playing alongside Benzema. Ideally we would get both Haaland and Mbappe but there needs to be a transition and we can't just bring a bunch of new players and getting rid of the senior players at once, I would also get rid of Jovic instead of having him sitting on the bench as it's a waste for both him and the club.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So they avoid any competition. They ended up spending 150+ on Hazard that only had 1 year left as well. And even post COVID, Mbappé is worth at least as much as Hazard.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Correct me if I'm wrong but were Mbappe to leave on a Bosman in July 2022 - he'd be 23 at the time. Wouldn't that mean Real would have to pay some sort of compensation?

Might be miniscule compared to what PSG would actually value him at but still, wouldn't make him 'free'.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Haaland and/or Mbappé.
By the time they join Real, the spine of the team will be long gone (Marcelo, Ramos, Modric, Benzema). I fear Real will look like AC Milan for the next 10 years or so from now on

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
By the time they join Real, the spine of the team will be long gone (Marcelo, Ramos, Modric, Benzema). I fear Real will look like AC Milan for the next 10 years or so from now on
Nah. Perhaps they'll pull a 2006-2011 Juve but that's it. And they are still alive in this UCL.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It will be extremely difficult to replace personality and attitude, just have a look at poor Hazard. I am also not sure Mbappe is a generational talent yet. They need defenders, first... the most legit apparent heir to Ramos seems De Ligt to me, and Raiola will surely push for a deal as soon as covid is gone, football stadia can be filled again and the big bucks from their circus can circulate at global level. Another position they need is a top young central midfielder, a young Pogba I mean, and their scouts will make a shortlist from South America for sure. After that, Real Madrid could just become Raiol Madrid and spend half a billion for Donnarumma, De Ligt and Haaland in 2022, before or after the World Cup.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
We have made CL semifinal at least every other year since 1998!!

Even though our recent recruitment has not been top class I think we will still be among the top 5 clubs in Europe for the next 10 years.

If we look 1-2 years ahead we can still play following lineup.

Thibaut Courtois (28)

Carvajal(28)---Varane(27)--Ramos(34)--Mendy(25).

Modric(35)---Casemiro(28)--Kroos(30)

Asensio(24)---Benzema(33)---Hazard(29)

You have young players like Rodrygo and Vinicious and they are still 19 and 20. Could become very good players.
Put Mbappe in that team and it looks very good.
For midfield there is Velverde and Ødegaard who looks very good. Camavinga could be a good recruitment as well to challenge Casemiro.

For defence Militao deserve a consistent run. Other than that we have been linked with Upamecano. Do not know how good he is.

Dream scenario for 2022 could be:

Thibaut Courtois

Carvajal--Varane--Ramos/Militao/Upamecano/Someone else--Mendy.

Ødegaard/Velverde--Casemiro--Kroos

Mbappe---Håland---Hazard

Not totally unrealistic

SoCross

So just Camavinga and Alaba in + players like Bale and Jovic returning.

Real fans, what’s your verdict ? Noticed Bale has started games, Carlo getting him back on board.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So just Camavinga and Alaba in + players like Bale and Jovic returning.

Real fans, what’s your verdict ? Noticed Bale has started games, Carlo getting him back on board.
If Ancelotti does a good job, we have enough to win the league plus a deep CL run with a good draw(have to dodge the runner-up of City-PSG group in R16). If not, it will be another poor season and Florentino will throw the kitchen sink at Mbappé and Haaland next summer

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
If we don't win anything Ancelotti might get sacked, we don't have much expectations as every year the team becomes weaker but Barcelona is a mess right now so it would be a bad season regardless of our circumstances to go trophyless.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
There is no hope.

Haaland will go to City.
Mbappe will renew with PSG.
Raiola will get an better contract with United for Pogba.

Only hope is scientists in Valdebebas working on Proyecto Vinicius.

So no hope.

Last edited:

hobbers

Pogba, Camavinga and Casemiro will be a pretty good midfield at any rate. Plus Mbappe.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Telling ye they won’t sign Pogba on 4/500k a week. They’ll go for younger players and let the old guys contracts run down and instead of letting that play out and competing with them for the younger lads us and PSG will probably take their ageing stars on short but massive deals.

Eddy_JukeZ

I could see Pogba staying, but chances are he's off if he hasn't renewed yet. I don't think Real Madrid will spend that outlay on him though. I see PSG as more likely.

SinNombre

Plus sign on bonuses for the players.
It is a really stupid argument to ignore that.

Most of the money “saved” goes back to the player, his family and the agent.

See Mbappe - €80m in bonuses and that’s before wages

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There is no hope.

Haaland will go to City.
Mbappe will renew with PSG.
Raiola will get an better contract with United for Pogba.

Only hope is scientists in Valdebebas working on Proyecto Vinicius.

So no hope.
Mbappe definitely won't renew. The other two can happen