How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
A complete amateur like myself with no football transfer experience or scouting just used my eyes and knew he wasn't worth £80M. I was vehemently against us signing him because I didn't think he had the mentality, never mind he wasn't that great of a player. How the feck did professionals miss his non-qualities and pay all this money?
I am fecked off with him. Seeing him as captain is depressing. I would sell him to anyone and suck up the financial loss. Just get rid of him.

MalaysianRed7

What a stupid thread, our strikers not finishing off chances cost us points.
Our brilliant £80m captain threw one in for Burnley in the only clear chance they created, missed a big chance at the end and would have been sent off if Attwell didn’t feel sorry for not giving the two goals.

Sell him. A massive loss is more than fine if the replacement hits the ground running.

el3mel

Strip him from the captaincy now before selling him. Show everyone you mean business.

You can't be a serious club when your captain is Harry Maguire. He can only lead a circus, not a football team.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why would we sell our best defender? That strikes of cutting your nose off too spite your face no?

AndySmith1990

Not arsed if he's sold but it pisses me off that this turkey is captain of United. Doesn't that perfectly sum up how far we've fallen

He’s really not athletic enough and his supposed best feature of his height is rarely used effectively, his headers are average.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'm sure Newcastle would be interested.

TheGame

Our brilliant £80m captain threw one in for Burnley in the only clear chance they created, missed a big chance at the end and would have been sent off if Attwell didn’t feel sorry for not giving the two goals.

Sell him. A massive loss is more than fine if the replacement hits the ground running.
It was a mistake. Shaw kept the player onside. Of course he isn’t worth £80m and it was not a clear chance at the end. We threw away chances and did nothing attacking wise in the second half.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Chelsea or City would do it. We will not. He will be here until he retires.
Because ;
1) we payed him 80 mil and we will not even consider to selling him knowing that we will lose at least half of that money.
2) Captain armband is something special in United. And that is his shield.

hp88

Newcastle aren't stupid, there's no fecking way anyone's paying £50M+ for him, seems like someone who will end up picking up a couple of hundred grand every week until his contract is up.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
£80m for a defender who can’t defend, £80m to make him the most expensive defender in the world:lol:

Offer him back to Leicester in a straight swap for Fofana even though he's still injured

El Zoido

Nobody thought he was worth £80m. We needed a new centre half and there was a lack of options. Leicester knew this, which is how they were able to rinse us for £80m.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Offer him to anyone who will take him for a 0 deposit, and 0 a month for a very long time. With a free bigmac meal.

flappyjay

A complete amateur like myself with no football transfer experience or scouting just used my eyes and knew he wasn't worth £80M. I was vehemently against us signing him because I didn't think he had the mentality, never mind he wasn't that great of a player. How the feck did professionals miss his non-qualities and pay all this money?
I am fecked off with him. Seeing him as captain is depressing. I would sell him to anyone and suck up the financial loss. Just get rid of him.
I was in the same camp as you and that goes for AWB too but far more qualified men than me spunked 130m on these 2.

mav_9me

What a stupid thread, our strikers not finishing off chances cost us points.
It's not just today's game and that moment either. He is consistently off the pace. Horrible run of form or just who he is..? Either way can't wait for Lindelof.

Betson

Does anyone really think we could find another club as shambolic as we are in their recruitment? Not a hope.

Superunknown

You know in Toy Story 2 when Jessie has the heart-breaking scene of her getting left at the side of a road.

Like that.

Irwin99

People do realise £80m is nothing to do with him right? That was our thick board who paid that extortionate price.
I've always maintained that obviously wasn't his fault but I thought at the time that him and AWB were ridiculously pricey and big gambles.

TheGame

It's not just today's game and that moment either. He is consistently off the pace. Horrible run of form or just who he is..? Either way can't wait for Lindelof.
I don’t think he has been at his best consistently at all this season but as club captain, can’t see him being sold unless a new manager decides different.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
People do realise £80m is nothing to do with him right? That was our thick board who paid that extortionate price.
Yes, but if he'd cost 50m instead of 80m, we'd be moaning about how we wasted 50m. He's just not good enough.

BuzzKillington

The latest Caf scapegoat.
This thread needs to die. Kill it with fire.
I’ve defended him in the past as there have been periods where he’s been our best defender. He was awful for the first 2 months of last year, but pulled it around. He’s never got started this year and his complete lack of pace has now had regular brain farts and bad positioning added to it. I want to believe it’s just a slump in form, but dips don’t last 6 months for a CB. His head has gone and he needs moving on.

Giggsy13

Answer to the thread title? Easy, you just do it. You eat the loss and blame it on an incompetent previous CEO and club structure, and hope that it is a lesson learned. Offer him to the Saudis and be done with it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Strip him from the captaincy now before selling him. Show everyone you mean business.

You can't be a serious club when your captain is Harry Maguire. He can only lead a circus, not a football team.
I would do it. Feck him. He's costing us already so what it's matter if his feelings are hurt? What's he gonna do? Down tools? it's not gonna be a big loss to us.

MalaysianRed7

It was a mistake. Shaw kept the player onside. Of course he isn’t worth £80m and it was not a clear chance at the end. We threw away chances and did nothing attacking wise in the second half.
And the definite red card too, especially factoring that he isn’t Raphael Varane and is indeed Harry Maguire, so he was never catching Rodriguez with a few yards head start on him. Obviously not forgetting the countless other shockers he’s had this season and in 2019-20. Last season was alright, but nothing Chris Smalling couldn’t have done.

I just don’t know who we sell to now. He’s a £30m defender maximum, especially at 29. Everton or Newcastle seem our best bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.