How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteManic

I think Pep was trolling Ole 100%. Pretend you want Maguire and then go and get Ruben Diaz. Ten times the player.

Nickelodeon

Please replace him with Lindelof who’s not much but can at least turn faster than this refrigerator.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Newcastle will have their pick of the market if they stay up, I don't see them going anywhere near Maguire unless relegated.

AndyMUFC

He's been bad this season but hopefully after a break he's better next year.

TheGame

And the definite red card too, especially factoring that he isn’t Raphael Varane and is indeed Harry Maguire, so he was never catching Rodriguez with a few yards head start on him. Obviously not forgetting the countless other shockers he’s had this season and in 2019-20. Last season was alright, but nothing Chris Smalling couldn’t have done.

I just don’t know who we sell to now. He’s a £30m defender maximum, especially at 29. Everton or Newcastle seem our best bets.
It’s not a red card as they said in the commentary because it would not lead to a obvious goal scoring opportunity. He has not been his best this season but hardly has anyone else. There hasn’t been countless other errors. There has been errors by other players as well but I guess he’s the favourite Caf scapegoat so that will continue.

RedDevil@84

Firstly he is unsellable. There won't be any takers. He earns more than Bruno I think. It is insane.
Secondly, we are not that kinda club. We will renew his contract for 200K or more to "preserve his value"

TheRedHearted

None are wrong; he's awful and is constantly costing us games/points.

You don't put £80m defenders on the bench, but this guy is not a starter in any side with top tier aspirations.

Newcastle are our only hope of taking his wage and transfer fee (in part) off us, so what do we do with him? Just take a massive loss and write it off? Would the money men at the club sanction that?
Inter Milan.

Caesar2290

People told me that I was wrong when I pointed out that Maguire played on Crooks for the Boro equilizer. The argument was, that everyone was too high up the pitch and that he was trying to maintain the defensive line. Well, you maintain the defensive line in line with other players, not 2-3 yards deeper.

Today, we saw more of the same. I think he lacks concentration and can't handle the pressure of playing for team with expectations, kind of like Foster if you will. It's not a coincidence that he turned gash the moment Ronaldo and Varane showed up.

lex talionis

No top club would buy Harry Maguire. An inquest should be initiated on who within United management insisted on spending 80m for him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

That man is a fecking donkey. He doesn’t know whether to commit or stay back then he decides to commit which is an absolutely bizarre decision, I mean school boy stuff and predictably he ends up second best and after that it’s curtains as he’s as slow as fecking snail.

Mental that he’s an 80 million pound defender. I wouldn’t pay 80 quid for him. He’s absolutely fecking horrendous.
One of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for United over a prolonged period of time. Totally fecking useless.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If he really is considered our best defender, then there is no hope for this team.
Who's better?!
Varanes solid yet injury prone,
Lindelof is classy on the deck but poor in the air,
Bailly is clumsy,
Jones?
Who else?

Guapa

He'll do well anywhere else he just can't handle the pressure of playing for Manchester United.
Get rid.He'll never be up to it here plain and simple.

UnitedFire

Are Mykonos Prisoners FC not still keen on him?

Hearing surely due soon. Might still be distracted by that.

crossy1686

career ending
People need to get over the price we sell players for. It's not your money, just get rid of the shite and force the recruitment to actually find good players instead of getting the board to sack managers every 2 seasons to give the players another couple of seasons to hide.

Just sell him to the highest bidder next summer, even if said bidder is offering £10m. Just fecking boot him out of the club.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Who's better?!
Varanes solid yet injury prone,
Lindelof is classy on the deck but poor in the air,
Bailly is clumsy,
Jones?
Who else?
So because Varane has spent time on the sideline makes him worse than Maguire? And is Lindelof showing far less than what Maguire does?

MalaysianRed7

It’s not a red card as they said in the commentary because it would not lead to a obvious goal scoring opportunity. He has not been his best this season but hardly has anyone else. There hasn’t been countless other errors. There has been errors by other players as well but I guess he’s the favourite Caf scapegoat so that will continue.
But it was a goalscoring opportunity. Unless I’m going mad, if Maguire didn’t clothesline him, Rodriguez would have had half the pitch to himself with no one anywhere near him. And of course there has been countless other errors. Just to rattle a few off, there’s Atalanta away, Leicester away, Liverpool at home and Watford away. That’s not all too.

Plain and simply, he’s nowhere near good enough to be a Man United starter, and I’m sure you’re aware of that too. Raphael Varane - there’s a Man United starter. Oozes class, and is the actual Rio replacement that Maguire was touted to be. Yes, he has made maybe one clear mistake, but his almost seamless adaptation to the league and clear quality has really shown Maguire up in a big way.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His position is too strong. Not only is he our record defensive signing, he’s English and our captain. You need a Pep / peak Jose / Conte level manager to have the steel to bench and then actively look to offload him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The latest Caf scapegoat.
This thread needs to die. Kill it with fire.
Pity he’s not a spacegoat, otherwise we could have launched him into space — rid us of his utter shitness.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Newcastle would take him.

Probably West Ham aswell as Moyes likes to work with defenders who've lost their way. Or take it out on animal.s

crossy1686

career ending
Nobody thought he was worth £80m. We needed a new centre half and there was a lack of options. Leicester knew this, which is how they were able to rinse us for £80m.
There were options but our recruitment has been fecking appalling for years and we're now paying for it

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’ve defended him in the past as there have been periods where he’s been our best defender. He was awful for the first 2 months of last year, but pulled it around. He’s never got started this year and his complete lack of pace has now had regular brain farts and bad positioning added to it. I want to believe it’s just a slump in form, but dips don’t last 6 months for a CB. His head has gone and he needs moving on.
Last season De Gea was the target. It was all mistakes this and 2 years that. This season he is the Great Wall of paella again and is literally our best player. Harry will come good again and the mob will move onto the next target who is out of form.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So because Varane has spent time on the sideline makes him worse than Maguire? And is Lindelof showing far less than what Maguire does?
Varanes been solid, but also made mistakes and cannot so far be relied upon to be fit,
The fact that's your only retort suggests that what I am suggesting carries an element of truth.
Lindelof against Burnley is an accident waiting to happen, and I'm a fan of Lindelof.

crossy1686

career ending
It matters because we don't have an infinite transfer budget. We are not Man City.
Then why are we paying them stupid wages? Start clearing out and we'll see we actually have more money to spend that we're not wasting on this shite, and the beauty of being the most commercially successful club in the world currently is that we have about £80m a season to spend on players anyway.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I would play McTominay at CB at this point. Sick of the sight of him on and off the pitch.

Absolute beta attitude to everything, especially football.

always_hoping

Never believe the hype about him when he was brought in but i at least hoped he's be half decent and not as error prone as Jones, Smalling was and yet he's arguably worse than those two.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Knee jerking has become tiresome.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Varanes been solid, but also made mistakes and cannot so far be relied upon to be fit,
The fact that's your only retort suggests that what I am suggesting carries an element of truth.
Lindelof against Burnley is an accident waiting to happen, and I'm a fan of Lindelof.
I was more referring to your argument that Maguire is our best by saying Varane's injury prone. We have a WC winning, multi-Cl winning player who has made more interceptions per match than any of our CBs this season, is solid in aerial duels and far superior on the ball.

Is that more of a retort for your liking, compared to your observation of "he's injury prone"?

Status
Not open for further replies.