How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
United are in a terrible position with maguire. They paid 80million for him, made him captain and pay him huge wages, so we can’t really sell him.
State of Maguire

Worth 20m max hes shite
Ralf needs to haul Maguire off before he gives away another goal.
Maguire such a liability. Be happy to see Lindelof back in there.
So true. One of the most harmful transfers we have ever done, I would say.
It's amazing how much Maguire has been at fault for many goals and incidents.

It's like having a Sloth back there, we can't keep doing this. he's undermining the team and doesn't seem to be able to play himself into any kind fitness required
We need to win this

Maguire's actively sabotaging the game at the moment
None are wrong; he's awful and is constantly costing us games/points.

You don't put £80m defenders on the bench, but this guy is not a starter in any side with top tier aspirations.

Newcastle are our only hope of taking his wage and transfer fee (in part) off us, so what do we do with him? Just take a massive loss and write it off? Would the money men at the club sanction that?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I dont care how but i dont want to see him as captain.

tomaldinho1

This isn't even an overreaction anymore. He's 3rd choice at best.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He’s the English captain so regardless of how shite he is he would definitely get bids from other PL clubs. Probably £30m but we’d need to front some of his massive wages. But like Sanchez I guess.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nobody is paying anything for him. We’ll have to run down his contract and renew it again.

Castia

Surely one of the worst ever transfers at 80m. Bang average defender and baring 18 months of form at Leicester always has been.

Imagine naming this guy the club captain

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Bench him and tell him to instruct his agent to find him a new club.

He won't get into the England team if he's not playing, use that as a threat.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
At least there was no more traction on that contract raise that was rumoured a while back, so he's supposedly on 180-190, so the loss is not that dramatic, were he to be shipped out. He could likely get 100k elsewhere.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Let’s start by benching him. Dreadful player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
However we do it, it must be done. We need to hold up our hands and accept we’ve been done by Leicester. But if we want to have any chance of making the top 4 this season he must be removed from the team immediately. He is costing us by the week.

diarm

We won't be able to sell him.

We should just drive him to the woods and set him free.

Mike Smalling

I think he is probably the United player I have most actively disliked in the time I have supported the club. From the awful performances to his dopey looks - he's just plain annoying to me at this stage.

SAFMUTD

I imagine his on top wages so we are fecked.

Best thing we can hope is we run his contract down while we bench him. He's never been a top defender but his performances this year has been abysmal.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Feel bad for Maguire in some ways as he's out of his depth through no real fault of his own.

Not sure if he should just give up the captaincy voluntarily

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Would struggle to get more the £30m for him. And that's being generous. He's so easy to bully.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
We should've offered our shite to Newcastle January first.

Apparently if you put another CB in your lineup you "hate" Maguire, right? @JB7

lsd

The Oracle
Just blindfold him put him in a van and dump him off in Greece

SER19

That goal goes down as yet another caused by Maguire or Shaw. Or both. They've failed their teammates badly this season

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I believe under a different manager he has a chance to thrive, but it will be interesting to re read the reaction of united fan before we signed him. I remember some voicing concerns about the signing then. Some of those concerns we are seeing, but I don't believe he is a terrible player. As such, I don't think we should sell and try to get the best out of him from a different manager

Jev

He's just a liability, it's simply impossible to argue otherwise at this point. At best he's our third-best CB and I'm convinced Lindelöf and Varane would form a much better partnership.

We'd never get nearly enough money for Maguire for it to make sense to sell. But he has to be dropped.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was poor for the goal but great in the first half. The mistake is as responsible as the missed chances.
And yet one mistake that leads directly to a goal per game is, surprisingly, not a very good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.