How does Greenwood compare with Owen and Rooney as teens?

ti vu

Rooney can impose himself into game at young age. That's the difference from Greenwood who so far drift out of game too often. Rooney has all the tools, so despite his scoring ability needed polishing, other aspects of his game was already at high level. For a teenager to be so explosive and unplayable that requires special treatment from opposition, it's the statement for what a athletic beast young Rooney was. That's why he was in discussion for future world best players. Strength wise, and vision (football understanding), Rooney was even ahead of Ronaldo before Ronaldo finally turned over a new chapter In 2006.

Greenwood is a special goalscorer talent. He may develop into world class player. However, not showing that level of a boss on the pitch (yet). He's more Eto'o compared to Martial's Anelka talent level at similar age. Eto'o was better scorer and had better career, but by all accounts, Anelka's talent is one of the highest around in his generation.

Owen ain't on same prospect level as Rooney. He was the type of player that benefit from specific period. What I meant is Owen was different than most of typical English forward. English football was much less tactical nous. He benefited from Scouse love in English media hype. Owen won Ballon D'Or but it's more a surprise than him being an expected contender to win it Zidane, Figo... As a youngster, Anelka was higher rated, reason why Madrid record fee for teenager to acquire him from Arsenal. Owen style of play would have short shelf life due to change.

Son

I’d pick Greenwood over any. Rooney could do more with a football and maybe made you dream more in regards to passing range and spectacular goals possibly but Greenwood is technically incredible for his age.

He just does all the standard things right and he will end up scoring more goals in his career than both if I had to take a bet.If he becomes anything like a Lewandoski or Van Persie type player he’ll no doubt be the best of the three impact wise.

Number32

I think you have to adjust your expectations regarding Greenwoods speed a bit. He's not as fast as Rashford let alone Mbappe and never will be. Top speed lists a fun and all but you shouldn't take them too seriously.

Did Greenwood say that he's saving his muscles for the future?
Greenwood doesn't has to answer that question. Every footballer wants a long career mate. He said Ronaldo R9 is his role model not Cristiano Ronaldo. He learn a lot from old videos or biopic story about him because when Ronaldo hit his prime, He didn't even born yet. Obviously he also learn how not to push yourself too early on that story.

Top speed is not just a fun fact, you can't record 37 Km/hour when you have no crazy pace. He is always slowing down when entering the final third, because he knows Martial and Rashford will be there to help.