How does the remainder of Ronaldo's career play out?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
With him leaving our club in ignominy, what next for Ronaldo? He mentioned potentially playing until 40 in the interview with Morgan so how do the last few years of his career play out?

Where does he go? Does he still offer anything at CL level? Does he do anything in this World Cup? Where does he ultimately finish?

Make your predictions!

Abraxas

I don't think he offers anything at CL level. He wasn't offering much at Omonia Nicosia level.

Might do something at the World Cup until they play strong teams as I feel he can still occasionally rise to the occasion.

Would be best suited to a lower pace of football where he can conserve energy, get on the end of stuff and the demands aren't high on his body. Saudi or MLS.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Depends on where he goes, maybe a league title or so in Portugal, a couple of seasons of 20-30 goals there, about best case scenario for him imo.

He wants UCL-football, so i don't really think he will go MLS or SA.

MLS. I can't see him being willing to play for anybody outside of about 10 clubs in Europe, and none of them will have him. Has to be a move to the US where he can work on his brand and play football in the sun in his spare time.

Sporting would be the only possible destination in Europe that I could see him going for.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Hopefully Chelsea. Few early goals, cue talk of him still having 'it', quickly ebbing away, irrelevant within 12 months.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
His ego wants to be in the UCL. Roma will most likely miss out
Also, Ronaldo and Mou don't go well together, even though they are not mad at each other anymore, putting them together again would be a bad idea.

KeanoMagicHat

Tries for two months to get a club still in the Champions League. Fails. Ends up in Saudi Arabia.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think he would be a decent option to throw on for the last 20 minutes for a side that regularly pins opposition sides in their own box as I think he's still a hell of an aerial threat if some half decent crosses come in.

The biggest issue is that he would want to play 90 minutes and I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze if that's what he wants.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Sporting on a free Transfer and Portugal have a reasonable chance at the WC.

Welbeckham

He’s completely finished and him and his clueless fanboys are the only ones yet to realize it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
First Ole now Ronaldo. :(

Anyone know how much Utd are paying for the exit?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sure, he's a narcissist. He's had a troubled upbringing and then he exploded into a superstar. I thought maybe a month or two into last season that he was problematic for the whole team and wanted him out in the summer. Yet, I'd like to see him have a good World Cup and I would also like to see him get a decent club to finish his career with, one that tactically suits him. But the drop off in performance has been severe, so probably not likely.

Judging by the Morgan interview, he’ll be daft enough to put himself in a position again where he’ll end up benched within a short time.

Best option for him by far if he wants to keep playing and scoring goals to end his career ahead of Messi is to do exactly what Messi is and spend a few years in an easier league, Sporting is far and away the smart choice.
I therefore expect him to do something daft and end up at Chelsea or Newcastle.

John Blund

Sunday Saudie league for him now I guess. It's all about the new challenge for the GOAT. He clearly doesn't care about the money.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Probably him hitting the winning goal for Chelsea to pip Utd to 4th.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How many Ronaldo threads does this forum need?
How many can we have without continual referencing to "fanboys" or ridiculously declaring he'd look out of place for some crap team in some crap league, ignoring he scored 24 last season.

Longlivekeano

think AC Milan might take him where they pay 30% and he pay 70% to himself. They seem to take in really old players like Zlatan.

Ted Lasso

I considered his career finished when he left Madrid. Twenty or thirty years down the line, the fact he played for Juve and United again will be one of those trivia questions that surprises a lot of people.

Chief123

With him leaving our club in ignominy, what next for Ronaldo? He mentioned potentially playing until 40 in the interview with Morgan so how do the last few years of his career play out?

Where does he go? Does he still offer anything at CL level? Does he do anything in this World Cup? Where does he ultimately finish?

Make your predictions!
It’s going to play out a lot worse than Ronaldo imagines. At the top level he’s finished. He will continue to struggle to accept that.