How excited are you about the World Cup?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Option 4, I'll probably end up watching it when all my mates are discussing as I don't want to be left behind but as it stands I have little to no interest

Hughes35

I'm looking forward to it....... Just not as much as a normal one.

I've no doubt once it starts, everybody will get onboard, watch all the games and it will be a good tournament.

Everybody knows it won't be quite the same vibe as a summer World cup though. That along with the corruption definitely has an impact.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Can't be arsed with it at all.

I only occasionally remember that there's even a World Cup coming up and when I do remember my instinct reaction is annoyance that club football is going to be broken up.

The whole thing is an absolute disgrace. I would say that we'll look back at this in some years and think wow what an insane and disgusting event defined by blatant corruption and horrible human rights violations and how did it ever happen, but I think most of us feel that way already.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'll definitely watch it but part of the charm of the World Cup/Euros was watching it in the summer with my dad. Watching it in winter and mostly alone is kind of weird.

Andy_Cole

Buzzing for it as I’m actually going for the first week. First time ever going! Copped 3 games to go to so far. Hopefully add another too. Gonna be great!

Judas

Open to offers
Not even remotely excited. It's usually such a big deal, you can feel the buzz for it so early on. There just seems to be mostly a feeling of disinterest and dread about the entire thing.

It's just in the way.

suheilsworld

I am so looking forward to it. Qatar is going to put up a grand show and it will be a great watch. Plus the match timings are perfect for viewing for here in Gulf. All games start after we finish work

Scholesgoals

I side with the king on this. They stole our world cup and built it using the blood of slaves. I'm boycotting it. I bet England win it now and I'll have to eat that the rest of my life

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
There seems to be very little hype for it.

People seem largely indifferent

Perhaps it's because its in the winter and there isn't that good summer time feel of watching it outdoors or parties, bbq's etc

The end of the season provides a conclusion and people can turn their attention to something else in the 2-4 weeks between the season ending and the world cup beginning. Here we don't have that, we're still engrossed in the season, if anything it feels like an interruption.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Feck this world cup.

Awful choice of venue, awful choice of timing.

So many high profile players will be injured and miss out due to it being mid season. Just a pointless entity of a competition.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Barely given it a thought currently but as soon as it kicks off it will be nice to have football on free tv while I work.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
With Southgate in charge of my national team? I’m not in the least bit excited.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
As soon as United games stop I'll probably get sucked in, but really the whole thing just feels like an unnecessary experiment that very few people wanted, and that football doesn't need

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Despite being a winter world cup in Qatar, I just can't help but feel a little bit excited. I feel guilty about it, but the world cup is my favorite event. Nothing comes close.

So I'll grind my teeth, make sure to not spend a cent and whine about not being able to watch the game in a beer garden because the weather is beyond miserable. But ultimately I'll enjoy the actual football games with all the different teams that I don't normally get to see play.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
With Southgate in charge of my national team? I’m not in the least bit excited.
Oh behave. At least you'll see your national team participate in a World Cup in your lifetime

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I tried to watch as many games as possible in 2018. For this year I can only really be arsed to watch England games and maybe the final.

Okey

I suppose I'll get excited when it actually starts. But the timing just feels so wrong and irritating. All I can think of is it's in the way of the league. Fingers crossed United don't suffer any negative consequences.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Current excitement rating = zero

The venue, the timing, the disruption to United's season - it just seems irrelevant. It's a celebration of raw greed and arrogant corruption and I really don't want to be reminded of those aspects of football.

Once it's underway, particularly if any United players are playing well, I'll probably get sucked in, I might even get excited - because I'm a sucker for tournaments and big sporting events.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I keep forgetting it's even happening. Once it starts I'll probably be up for it though.

Cloud7

Going against the tide, I am as excited as usual. It’s the World Cup. It’s impossible for me to not be excited. T20 WC then the football WC after means there’s tournaments on for the rest of the year which I enjoy.

Tarrou

Super excited. First time Wales have been involved in my lifetime and I'm gonna travel there for it.

Have a tournament ticket so whoever knocks out Wales I'll get tickets for that team instead all the way to the final.

Andy_Cole

Current excitement rating = zero

The venue, the timing, the disruption to United's season - it just seems irrelevant. It's a celebration of raw greed and arrogant corruption and I really don't want to be reminded of those aspects of football.

Once it's underway, particularly if any United players are playing well, I'll probably get sucked in, I might even get excited - because I'm a sucker for tournaments and big sporting events.
To be fair to the venue (outside the corruption) is that it’s turning the whole small country into footballmania. Fans can see several games live a day. It’s a proper festival. May be the last of its kind as the next one is over 3 countries. Will be very fun to go to.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Super excited. First time Wales have been involved in my lifetime and I'm gonna travel there for it.

Have a tournament ticket so whoever knocks out Wales I'll get tickets for that team instead all the way to the final.
Amazing what an experience that will be, have a brilliant time. As a fellow small nation supporter I know exactly how you must be feeling. NI getting to the world cup and euro's gave me some of the best sporting memories of my life.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Don't feel excited by it really but am sure I'll still end up watching some of the bigger matches, especially later on in the tournament.

Often completely forget there is one coming up, feel annoyance at the fact it's interrupting the season and the impact it might have on some players performances (and bad if they get injured before it) and feels weird it will be in the winter.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Don't really care about the PL season since that's fecked for Liverpool already.

Very much excited about the World Cup, maybe the anticipation is a bit less at the moment because club football will continue to go on for so long, but once it's there it'll be grand like it always is.

Four games per day the first two weeks or so, in absolutely ideal timeslots :drool:

Brophs

The One and Only
Right now, now at all. As soon as the tournament is about to start? More bunting than at a Conservative MP’s sex party.

RoyH1

Option 3 (will end up watching some games) but not really excited by it. Every time I see those stadiums I will not be able to forget that some poor souls died building that. I will not buy or purchase any WC related goods or services.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I keep forgetting it's on very soon. I don't actually know when it starts to be honest.

TheGame

I usually get excited before each WC but combined with poor England and a number of other things going on in life, I'm all a bit meh for this one. Certainly makes a difference it's not in the summer.

dinostar77

Will watch nothing apart from highlights in group stages, if that. Will watch highlights on knockout stages apart from if there is a really tastey fixture in the draw.

Would much rather PL continued as usual. Feck a winter world cup. Only having it becuase corrupt fifa members got huge brown envelops of money.

stevoc

Couldn't give a flying fiddlers feck about it to be honest.

Ridiculous that it was awarded to a tiny country like Qatar that didn't have the infrastructure for it and couldn't host it in the summer in the first place. Even more ridiculous that it wasn't moved when all the corruption involved in the bid came to light.

ROFLUTION

feck Qatar.

They're even defending and questioning the death-toll number and try to act like dictators against Denmark for publicising a black-shirt that mourns the lost lives.

Wouldn't be surprised neither if they blackmailed the refs/the non transparent VAR to get Denmark sent out easier for speaking up. They try to influence the media-sphere by any means really.

Hopefully more teams/players are more outspoken against Qatar when it's on. 6500 lives lost, for fecks sake - who would pay that price for a World Cup? Insane men.

And feck VAR in FIFA-tournaments too. There was no transparency and no real good replays of critical situations last time around. A VAR system made for bribing/handpicking teams. Everything can be bought and sold with these mobsters.