How far do you think / expect us to get in the Europa League?

BlueHaze

I think the moment we are drawn against any decent team we're out. Sevilla for example, I think we'd struggle against them. And then theres the teams that get knocked out of the CL. If Inter drops out I can already see us getting them and Lukaku knocking us out. Imagine that.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
In a 2 game elimination I think we can beat anyone in this competition regardless of who drops from CL, so I expect us to at least get to the finals. In the finals anything can happen in a one off match, but I think we should be among the favourites to win it all...

davidmichael

With a full strength team and on form I’d expect us to win it but at the same time I don’t expect a full strength team or us often on form.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Inter Milan
RB Salzburg
Ajax Amsterdam
Benfica

Just dropped into the competition. Atletico Madrid or Bayer Leverkusen to follow tomorrow.

Adamsk7

Personally I think we are the best team in it other than Atletico. Over two legs, if we show up, we can beat anyone.

Problem is, the team is too inconsistent to know whether we will show up or not.

I still think we’ll get to the Semis at least.

Stadjer

Not so sure.. if we draw a team like Ajax and can counter we can progress. However against a defensive team... im not sure.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
At what stage can you meet Arsenal or Wolves? Not say that they will beat you but they could beat you.
The only way one of those teams beats us is in a one off lucky result so it would have to be the finals. Over two legs we beat those two teams or any other team in this tournament, including Inter and Ajax who just dropped into Europa...

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The only way one of those teams beats us is in a one off lucky result so it would have to be the finals. Over two legs we beat those two teams or any other team in this tournament, including Inter and Ajax who just dropped into Europa...
I can't remember the last time you beat Wolves, I'm sure you've not won against them for about 7 years.

Member 90887

Keeping in mind that it's a two-legged tie, i fancy us to beat any of the teams in the competition (including those that joined today from the CL).

If Atletico join the competition as well, that would be the only game 50/50 i'd say.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I can't remember the last time you beat Wolves, I'm sure you've not won against them for about 7 years.
We’ve not beat them since they were last relegated, like you say, about 7 years ago.

P4 L2 D2

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Personally I think we are the best team in it other than Atletico. Over two legs, if we show up, we can beat anyone.

Problem is, the team is too inconsistent to know whether we will show up or not.

I still think we’ll get to the Semis at least.
Atletico will get through in the CL.

duffer

Scout
Keeping in mind that it's a two-legged tie, i fancy us to beat any of the teams in the competition (including those that joined today from the CL).

If Atletico join the competition as well, that would be the only game 50/50 i'd say.
You certainly can beat anyone in the competition but I'd not have you as favourites against Inter or Atletico.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Inter Milan
RB Salzburg
Ajax Amsterdam
Benfica

Just dropped into the competition. Atletico Madrid or Bayer Leverkusen to follow tomorrow.
Pretty much the way I wanted the UCL group stages to turn out. I wanted Dortmund/Inter, RB Leipzig/Lyon/Benfica, and Ajax/Valencia. Would like to see A.Madrid in the Europa League too.

Sevilla
Sporting
Celtic
Lazio
Arsenal
Porto
Rangers
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Roma
Wolves
Man Utd
Az Alkmaar
Inter Milan
RB Salzburg
Ajax Amsterdam
Benfica
And hopefully A.Madrid

Now that would make for a fantastic tournament

Edit - And RB Salzburg

Last edited:

Pavl3n

Inter Milan
RB Salzburg
Ajax Amsterdam
Benfica

I am only worried about Inter and may be Sevilla. Every other club we should be beating over two legs.
Honorable mentions are Sporting and may be Roma.

ColvaleGoa

Pretty much the way I wanted the UCL group stages to turn out. I wanted Dortmund/Inter, RB Leipzig/Lyon/Benfica, and Ajax/Valencia. Would like to see A.Madrid in the Europa League too.

Sevilla
Sporting
Celtic
Lazio
Arsenal
Porto
Rangers
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Roma
Wolves
Man Utd
Az Alkmaar
Inter Milan
RB Salzburg
Ajax Amsterdam
Benfica
And hopefully A.Madrid

That is not a bad at all collection of teams in there. I would worry playing A. Madrid. I think we will give most teams left in there a good game depending on injuries and little bit of luck.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It's been a while, but we are by far the better team. Like I said, they may get a one off lucky result, but over two legs we would definitely beat them...

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
That is not a bad at all collection of teams in there. I would worry playing A. Madrid. I think we will give most teams left in there a good game depending on injuries and little bit of luck.
I think all of the teams mentioned could give any team [in the competition] a good game depending on injuries and good luck, and that's the beauty of it. It is a competition after all.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I hope you guys draw inter at some point, for a neutral fan that would be fun to watch

wolvored

It's been a while, but we are by far the better team. Like I said, they may get a one off lucky result, but over two legs we would definitely beat them...
We have played them over 2 legs the last 2 seasons and havent beaten them. The league games. I know its not quite the same, but dont know how you can say we are the better team. They also knocked us out the FA cup

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Has all the makings for a great final. Conte was a pantomime villain against Mourinho's United. Alexis and Lukaku returning against us.
Holy smokin' toledos I didn't realise Alexis would be eligible to play against us? That would be a brilliant final for sure. I don't really get the disrespect for this tournament from a lot of people. I've gotten used to and embraced the fact that we're shit and the Europa League is our exact level. Plenty of very good teams in the tournament too, I'd be really proud of Ole if he could pull it off, it's gonna be tough.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Has all the makings for a great final. Conte was a pantomime villain against Mourinho's United. Alexis and Lukaku returning against us.
And two historic clubs. Inter have produced legends of the game i.e Brehme, Suarez, Zanetti, Fachetti etc

stevoc

To be fair they weren't in the PL until last season and we didn't play them for 6 of the last 7 years.

stevoc

We have played them over 2 legs the last 2 seasons and havent beaten them. The league games. I know its not quite the same, but dont know how you can say we are the better team. They also knocked us out the FA cup
Nope only 1 season we have to play them in the league again this season. Any team can beat anyone in a one off cup match.

Djemba-Djemba

We've only played Wolves at home once since they got promoted.

It's tough to go there and win and unluckily we keep having to fecking play them away.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
How can I say that we are the better team? Seriously? When was the last time Wolves finished above us in the league? Are you seriously suggesting that they are better than us because they got a couple of lucky results? I can't believe I'm even justifying this with a response... :lol: :lol: :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Sevilla
Sporting
Celtic
Lazio
Arsenal
Porto
Rangers
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Roma
Wolves
Man Utd
Az Alkmaar
Inter Milan
RB Salzburg
Ajax Amsterdam
Benfica
And hopefully A.Madrid

Edit - And RB Salzburg
Would you say this is potentially the strongest the Europa League has been ?

Either way this is a great advert for the competition which,especially in the UK, has been dealt with embarrassing ignorance and backhanded compliments over the years from the MSM.

stevoc

How can I say that we are the better team? Seriously? When was the last time Wolves finished above us in the league? Are you seriously suggesting that they are better than us because they got a couple of lucky results? I can't believe I'm even justifying this with a response... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You have to take into consideration just how much some have lost all perspective about United. The last few months have really did a number on some posters on here. Not only were some convinced we could/would get relegated. Some weren't even sure if we'd get promoted again, thats where some peoples heads are at right now.

Irwin99

Some good teams in there and more to come. Could be a good competition to win if our fitness and squad depth proves well enough to cope.

duffer

Scout
To be fair they weren't in the PL until last season and we didn't play them for 6 of the last 7 years.
You've played them 4 times since the start of last season and won none.

I'm not saying you're a worse side but I don't get how someone can be so confident of beating them when you haven't beaten them for 4 consecutive games.

bri2013

I expect us to win it. Just like I do for every other competition we are in. Regardless of who is left in the competition etc...

meamth

It all depends on the league, if we manage to get in the mix of race to the top 4, we could end up being quarter/semi finalists.

If we're in the top 6, we'll go all out to win it, that means, we're going to win it.

passing-wind

I don't think we have a fluid enough system to cater for breaking down teams that absorb pressure being content to squander possession. Our Europa League success largely depends on the draw we are given. If it's teams on the front foot we have a chance but the players / management have been terribly inconsistent this season, you can never really galvanise how we will fair after a period of games.

PyroMan

Inter, Ajax, RB Salzburg can all cause us major problems. Hope the draw is kind to us, similar to the season when we won it under Mourinho.