How good is Harry Kane?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
How much do you rate him? How does he compare with other strikers in the world?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
According to some in here he wasn’t as good as Lukaku, isn’t as good as Martial (who is also a better passer) and is one of the most disgustingly violent players ever to play the game.

Wayne's World

He's absolutely class until he turns up at Anfield (like 99% of footballers who turn into donkeys who can't hit a barn door once they rock up there)

According to some in here he wasn’t as good as Lukaku, isn’t as good as Martial (who is also a better passer) and is one of the most disgustingly violent players ever to play the game.
no one thinks he’s on a par with Lukaku, let alone worse.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He talks funny, looks like a Spifighter pilot, this is his 4/5 lucky season, has no ambition, steels team mates goals, cant give a team talk, try's to break opposition players necks, is slow as feck and is a one man team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Behind Lewa, Benzema, Ronaldo and Messi in the conversation for the best striker right now. He is in an amazing purple patch of form but he needs to show this for a season before being better than the others, who have been great for this past season.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Behind Lewa, Benzema, Ronaldo and Messi in the conversation for the best striker right now. He is in an amazing purple patch of form but he needs to show this for a season before being better than the others, who have been great for this past season.
I dont think it's clear cut that he is behind Lewa to be honest.

With the obvious caveat Lewa has achieved far more.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What? actually what? Seriously? WTF?

Bondi77

Have you just started watching him this season?

Oranges038

Awesome 14-18, not so much the last two seasons, looking good this season though should be back up around 25-30 goals if he keeps going.

Probably be a lot better and have a lot more goals if he didn't have glass ankles.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What? actually what? Seriously? WTF?
With regards to his fantastic assist numbers, which people claim as a reason for him to be the best right now. For goalscoring he has obviously been great throughout his career but those others have been better than him at that (for Benzema I underrated him before since Ronaldo left it is evident it was because he was playing second fiddle. Since Ronaldo left he's shown his fantastic all round striking abilities)

Sharkzilla? 2.56/10.
Taking Lives with Angela Jolie.

in terms of the OP. Kane is a World Class forward. Although I’d rather him player further up the field that he has done the past year or so.

Need to get the best out of Kane, Rashford, Sterling and Sancho this summer - that’s a brilliant attack.

el3mel

Behind Lewa, ahead of Benzema. Best 3 strikers at the moment. Not sure if Mbappe is supposed to be in the same discussion ? But if then, then behind Benzema currently.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
With regards to his fantastic assist numbers, which people claim as a reason for him to be the best right now. For goalscoring he has obviously been great throughout his career but those others have been better than him at that (for Benzema I underrated him before since Ronaldo left it is evident it was because he was playing second fiddle. Since Ronaldo left he's shown his fantastic all round striking abilities)
This post makes absolutely no sense, goals per game basically in the last 7 years Kane has out scored Benzema (playing in arguably the best team in La Liga).

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Taking Lives with Angela Jolie.

in terms of the OP. Kane is a World Class forward. Although I’d rather him player further up the field that he has done the past year or so.

Need to get the best out of Kane, Rashford, Sterling and Sancho this summer - that’s a brilliant attack.
Shit movie, 1/10, although Angekina 7/10.

The Oracle

How much do you rate him? How does he compare with other strikers in the world?
I actually rate him for his all-round effort that he puts in for the team.
He actually reminds me of the way Rooney used to sacrifice a fair bit of his forward play to help out the side - whether it was defending at corners or tracking back a player deep into his own half.

What I would say though, is that for me, a striker should be judged on memorable moments - positive ones at that.

...unfortunately regarding Harry Kane, I will always remember the chance he had against Croatia at the World Cup semi-final, that would have put England 2-0 up, and squandered the opportunity twice in the same passage of play! Who knows what effect that would have had on Croatia, who is to say they would have come back from that?
We very well could have found ourselves in a World Cup final - regardless of how good France were, anything could have happened had we got there.

Even tonight, for Tottenham when it really mattered, he headed the ball into the ground from 5 yards out, and over the crossbar it went. It was a chance that was easier to score than to miss.
It would have made it 2-1 to Tottenham, and who is to say that Liverpool would have come back and won? In my opinion Tottenham would have come away from Anfield with a minimum of a point, instead they left there with nothing and with Liverpool now 3 points clear of them at the top of the table.
You have to remember as well that had he converted that absolute sitter, then it could have been a winning goal, and Kane would have been remembered as the player that ended Liverpool's 65 game unbeaten run at home in the league.

So for me, until Harry Kane provides a memorable footballing moment, then I will always see him as a level below the likes of Rooney, Shearer, Didier Drogba, Thierry Henry, Van Nistelrooy, and Dwight Yorke - just some example I can easily think of.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Behind Lewa, ahead of Benzema. Best 3 strikers at the moment. Not sure if Mbappe is supposed to be in the same discussion ? But if then, then behind Benzema currently.
If you include Ronaldo and Messi as strikers, wouldn't they be better?
This post makes absolutely no sense, goals per game basically in the last 7 years Kane has out scored Benzema (playing in arguably the best team in La Liga).
Did you not read the part where I said he was playing second fiddle to Ronaldo earlier? Since Ronaldo has left he's been great as a striker.

Eddy_JukeZ

Don't think you've watched much of Messi lately.

Don't see him being in the convo at all nowadays.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Did you not read the part where I said he was playing second fiddle to Ronaldo earlier? Since Ronaldo has left he's been great as a striker.
Which, with regards to goal per game, Kane is better than?

el3mel

I don't think Messi counts as a striker ? I don't even know what's his supposed position at the moment, seems he's just playing everywhere in the front third of the pitch.

Ronaldo yeah might count. If then, then ahead of Kane and Benzema but still behind Lewa at the moment.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Best striker under 30. Not even close, I will say Behind Lewa, Benz and injury-free Aguero

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Injuries have prevented him from being the true beast he could be but he's still scoring a crazy amount of goals for Tottenham and is clearly world class. Top 3 striker in the world probably only behind Lewandowski.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
As of right at this moment on form? Definitely in the conversation for best in the world.

Over his career? Behind Lewa, and of course Messi, Ronaldo if you think they are strikers. Shades Benzema for me, but it is close. Hard to know where to put Mbappe given he plays for PSG in a league that they should walk given their attacking talent, feel he needs to be doing it in a much more competitive league before he will be in the conversation. Haaland too early to tell, but both could be potential Ballon d'Or winners later in their careers.

I guess you can argue the same with Lewa about playing in the best team in the league because of how dominant Bayern are, Bayern have won the Bundesliga since the 12-13 season, Lewa joined the start of the 14-15 season, 6 titles at Bayern. But his stats at Dortmund were also impressive.

Tapori

Phenomenal development as a both striker and playmaker. Rashford should definitely take note.
Continues progress he could be in the elite tier for years to come but must improve on the type of crucial 1-chance per game ratio in big matches conversions like today. That header was pivotal

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Not this again. No offense op, but it’s funny how threads like this pop up after his worst performance of the season.

Mindhunter

I don’t know why these threads come up, may be to rile Spurs fan after a loss.

The truth is that he is probably the second best pure center forward in the game today. I would rate him slightly behind Lewa but he is catching up fast and will definitely end his career with better numbers.

He is a class player, no question about it. People disputing that are lying to themselves.

KetilOwren88

Very good striker, world class of course, but since I am Norwegian I would say Håland is even better and it’s almost not a joke either

Dansk

The best of a sorry generation of English players. Very good, but not amazing. Could have made a marginally better name for himself if he hadn't stayed at Tottenham and won nothing, but would he even have been able to compete at the absolute top? The fact that noone has truly gone out of their way to sign him is what's really telling. He's an 8.5/10 striker, and he's the kind of striker who thrives at a club that's willing to build their squad around an 8.5/10 striker. Any club that strives for something higher would not see him as a desirable transfer, because it's clear by now that he's the kind of player whose lot in life is to be the best player at Tottenham.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Lewandowski is the only #9 in the game who is better than him. The man is pure class. Not sure why so many are desperate to under rate him. If he can play as long as Shearer did then he will become the all time leading scorer in the league. He will likely pass Rooney for England goals as well. And as we are seeing this season, he has an eye for a pass too. I'd take him at United any day...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He is amazing.

Weight of pass, decision making, fundamentals and brilliance out of nowhere.

I was a big critic until I started watching often. A Fergie signing for sure.