How good is Harry Kane?

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Also, City is getting Haaland, not Kane.
Why cant you have a debste about Kane without bringing Haaland into it? He is totslly un-proven in English football, Kane is no risk, I would take him every time.

Luke1995

He is as good as prime Ibrahimovic, prime Van Persie and prime RVN as far as goalscoring is concerned. Very,very good. Still not as good as Shearer, C.Ronaldo or Messi in that part.

In terms of footballing technique, Henry, Romario, Bergkamp and brazilian Ronaldo are probably better, they had a little bit more flair to their games.

TsuWave

In terms of footballing technique, Henry, Romario, Bergkamp and brazilian Ronaldo are probably better, they had a little bit more flair to their games.
Kane is nowhere near these guys in terms of technique. it isn't just a "little bit more flair" nor "probably".

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Kane is nowhere near these guys in terms of technique. it isn't just a "little bit more flair" nor "probably".
It all depends what you determine as technique I guess, yes he falls behind in terms of footballing "skills" and "flair" but in terms of a standard level of footballing technique Harry has it all, just maybe without the stepovers. What is grossly underrated is his vision.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Kane puts the ball in the net on a very regular basis, importantly, in the Premier league. At least tomorrows game should remind him that he has turned out for a club that has, (since), won honours! And, as usual, will probably bag a trick.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Harry Kane is dynamite. If he signed now he’s good to the same level until he’s 32 I reckon. From then on I could honestly see him play more like Sheringham for another couple of years. To what level, I don’t know. But he’s developed a lot.

Absolute guaranteed to be good value. Imagine if we had him and Cavani for a year or two. The first club ever to rest him and manage his best form and fitness.

SER19

He is as good as prime Ibrahimovic, prime Van Persie and prime RVN as far as goalscoring is concerned. Very,very good. Still not as good as Shearer, C.Ronaldo or Messi in that part.

My god this sentence is giving kane some massive credit. I rate him highly and all but to say Brazilian Ronaldo or Henry are 'probably' better technique wise seems incredibly generous

Luke1995

I'm aware that he doesn't have like, all the tricks and cool dribbling if you will, but as far as ball control, knowing when to run, box awareness, hitting a great pass or making space for himself... Kane can do all the basics

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Redcafe for you. Instead of comparing him with a much more similar player in Lewy, they will throw the Brazilian Ronaldo in there. In terms of technique too..

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Same.

Kane is proven world class.

Haaland is an exciting talent, nothing more.
If it’s a straight choice between the 2, take the one who is younger and a generational talent. When Kane was Haaland’s age he was playing on loan at Norwich and Millwall. Haaland is arguably the most valuable player in the world right now (it’s either him or Mbappe).

Moreover, his goals have actually helped his teams to win the odd trophy, which is something that still cannot be said of Harry Kane. He’s played in 3 major finals and scored zero goals.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Extremely good. Any player who is on track to break the record for most PL goals ever must be some player. Here’s his first 150 (now 165).

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He’s still very young and has lots to prove, plus a lot of aspects of his game to round off and work on.
Kane was playing for Leicester on loan in the Championship at Haaland's current age, Haaland is miles ahead of where Kane was at 20. Haaland will go on to be Ballon D'or level and be better than Kane has ever been in my opinion.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Kane can now watch Trippier lift a league title. Gotta hurt.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If it’s a straight choice between the 2, take the one who is younger and a generational talent. When Kane was Haaland’s age he was playing on loan at Norwich and Millwall. Haaland is arguably the most valuable player in the world right now (it’s either him or Mbappe).

Moreover, his goals have actually helped his teams to win the odd trophy, which is something that still cannot be said of Harry Kane. He’s played in 3 major finals and scored zero goals.
For City that’s true. For United, no.

Haaland would come and go. Kane would stay for the rest of his career. There’s value in that.

If it was both for 5 years I guess I’d agree with you.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
For City that’s true. For United, no.

Haaland would come and go. Kane would stay for the rest of his career. There’s value in that.

If it was both for 5 years I guess I’d agree with you.
Fair point. Haaland does have a terrible agent

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.

‘Probably’ better? A ‘little bit’ more flair?!

:lol::lol::lol:

peridigm

Same.

Kane is proven world class.

Haaland is an exciting talent, nothing more.
What’s makes Kane world class? Was it the 41 goals he scored in 17/18? Because Haaland has just done the same two years in a row.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
For the second best team in Germany, yes he has.
Not to mention 28 of the first season came for Red Bull Salzburg.

Watch Haaland properly, he’s obviously a physical freak and a goalscoring freak but his all round play isn’t very good and we need someone with that all round play.

Kane is an all round brilliant footballer.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not to mention 28 of the first season came for Red Bull Salzburg.

Watch Haaland properly, he’s obviously a physical freak and a goalscoring freak but his all round play isn’t very good and we need someone with that all round play.

Kane is an all round brilliant footballer.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that, I have watched him a lot but you can see a large part of his game is his ability to bully defenders.

Iron

I would rather buy halaand for 150 mil then kane for 120 million. Halaand will have re-sale value around same price, also kane injuries really concern me.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that, I have watched him a lot but you can see a large part of his game is his ability to bully defenders.
I dont follow European football, but I caught a bit of aTurkey- Norway game a few weeks ago. Soyuncu pushed him around like a playground bully.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I dont follow European football, but I caught a bit of aTurkey- Norway game a few weeks ago. Soyuncu pushed him around like a playground bully.
And i saw Cristiano being pushed like a baby by iranian defenders at WC

Yeah, no conclusions can be made after a NT game.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
For some reason I remember him being less dependent on service during 2015-2017. He looked crafty enough to make things happen on his own.

Nowadays I don't have that same impression more.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Always thought he was over hyped.
However this season hes played really well.
Still behind Lewa.
Would rather buy Mbappe or Halaand over Kane (English therefore way overpriced) he gets an ankle injury every season which will catch up eventually and he’ll be done as a player by 32/33.
I hope he stays at Spurs as their fans love him, and it would be good for Levy to not get the £100m plus that hes hoping for.

Idxomer

What could Lewa do that Kane can't?

Playing in a better team doesn't automatically make you a better player.

NoLogo

The only doubt I have about Kane is his ability to stay fit. Which is a problem that should not underestimate. It's no use having one of the best strikers in the world if he will consistently end up missing the important games every season.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
What could Lewa do that Kane can't?

Playing in a better team doesn't automatically make you a better player.
What can Kane do that Lewa hasnt?

If he was as world class as he's getting made out to be he would have dragged that Spurs team to at least one trophy by now ala Messi/Ronaldo

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Somewhere between Sheringham/Vardy and peak Owen.

In my opinion, not as good as peak Owen, Andy Cole or Rooney.