How good is Pato?

Great Hat

He played really well in the derby last year

I think Inter will win though, with Eto'o and Milito they are just too strong for Milan right now who have gone backwards if you ask me.
He did, but it's being able to deliver those kinds of performances consistently in the big games which largely defines just how good you are.

Inter looked poor today though, and Bari gave as good as they got, and only went behind to an extremely contentious penalty, before clawing back to get a draw. Inter were fantastic last season, but they looked tired, complacent and largely uninventive today. Milan will have the crowd behind them next week too. Should be an exciting clash, anyway.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
He always seems to play well in the big games, also at such a young age can only be good for his confidence. He has kept a very low profile since joining Red Black Milan, which is probably another plus point for such a talented youngster - how much?! :D

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I hope the rumours of him going to Chelsea aren't true (if the transfer ban is successfully appealed against), he's a fantastic player. I'd want us to buy him if there was room.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
He brought down a couple of cross field passes today, over his shoulder, and then ran at three defenders with frightening pace. He has so much ability plus he seems grounded and not a cnut. He doesn't have a whole lot of awareness at the moment but I'm going to enjoy watching him play at the top level for a few years.

DiaboliQue

He brought down a couple of cross field passes today, over his shoulder, and then ran at three defenders with frightening pace. He has so much ability plus he seems grounded and not a cnut. He doesn't have a whole lot of awareness at the moment but I'm going to enjoy watching him play at the top level for a few years.
It's a scaring prospect how good he can be. Milan will bounce back at some point, and with better service from midfield and a better strike partner, this boy could be unplayable.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Frightening that he has only just turned 20 and fully established on the european stage. He could go on to be some player, i haven't been this impressed about such a young player since Rooney, Messi, Ronnie.

Unbelievable quality in such a young striker. I heard good things about him a long time ago and he is proving all the positive scouting reports to be true. Great change of pace, excellent skill and clinical finishing ability. AC Milan know what a star they have and they wont let him go cheaply. He has the potential to join the elite group of players in world football.

EZee

Milan will never going to sell.
people said the same about kaka...

and what will happen if burlesconi has his trial... i doubt that funding the rebuilding of milan will figure too highly on his proirities?

am sure if they can they will keep pato and build team around him but if it gets to the summer and he has a good world cup and somebody (city probably) put in a massive offer and milan maybee have not qualified for the CL, burlesconi is up to his neck in the political muck thats flying around - leonardo has gone and a new manager has to sell before rebuilding then it is possible...

I think far from milan never selling him Id say that at some point over the next 12 years or so he is playing professional football it is likley he will play for somebody else (there is very few players get testimonials these days)... and as outlined above its not beyond the scope of possibilities that they could be under preassure to sell this summer

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
He was actually fairly quite and has been so far this season. I think th expectation everyone had (including myself) that he would basically carry Milan was premature. He's still so young but his talent is frightening and there for all to see. The boy can be the best striker in the world.

Alex

Could lead the line at United for a long time, think he would be brilliant in front of Rooney. Has a lot of CL goals left in him, but I dont know how many he does for Milan

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That must rule out a move to Chelsea then, surely?!

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I don't actually think it suits him playing out wide, if he had a trequartista in behind him and played as a #9 I think he could be the best striker since fat Ronaldo.
In last night's case it was very appropriate given how weak Marcelo is at basic defending and how capable Pato is of taking advantage of that.

davisjw

He's only had two goals this season, he needs to turn it up a gear. Albeit it must be hard to partner with a man old as dirt with no skill but poaching and diving as well as get your passes from players old enough to be your dad...

I'd imagine if Milan don't turn it around, he'll leave. Maybe we see Real drop Benzema who's been crap and buy him? They're dumb enough. Chelsea could use a player like him to stack their striker force, Barca don't really need him though with Henry aging they could train him to play out wide. Inter just got Eto'o and I can't see us giving him a crack with so many up and coming strikers.

He'll stay put for another two seasons or so. Milan is a good place to be at his age.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's only had two goals this season, he needs to turn it up a gear. Albeit it must be hard to partner with a man old as dirt with no skill but poaching and diving as well as get your passes from players old enough to be your dad...

I'd imagine if Milan don't turn it around, he'll leave. Maybe we see Real drop Benzema who's been crap and buy him? They're dumb enough. Chelsea could use a player like him to stack their striker force, Barca don't really need him though with Henry aging they could train him to play out wide. Inter just got Eto'o and I can't see us giving him a crack with so many up and coming strikers.

He'll stay put for another two seasons or so. Milan is a good place to be at his age.
You sure about that ?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Aye for starters, he's scored more than that in the last four days.

Interista

You sure about that ?
He's almost right, he scored a double vs Siena in the first serie A round and his third goal last Sunday vs Roma (brilliant goal). He has been truly awful for some weeks but now he seems to be in form again.

Addis

Beckham, in toward Schmeichel, it's come for Dwigh
No, go on. Explain how he's world class.
I think he was world class vision, technique, control, short passing and intelligence on the pitch. I also think he's deceptively strong on the ball and a brilliant dribbler, a very, very difficult opponent to play against. The kind whom you can never be sure you've got covered because he can pull off an outrageous bit of skill to split your defence even if you play the perfect defending game.

That's pretty good for me.

Addis

Beckham, in toward Schmeichel, it's come for Dwigh
He doesn't use all those effectively enough to be considered world class, he may make us go 'ooh' every now and then and while being a brilliant player he is not world class. imo, of course.
Depends on the game. Against Wolfsburg he was a world class player. Yesterday perhaps not. If we're going to base this on this season, then he's been fantastic.

I'm more concerned about Rooney's form.

Cal?

CR7 fan

He'll stay put for another two seasons or so. Milan is a good place to be at his age
True, he probably hangs out with the sons of all the other Milan players... :smirk:

Mighty Boosh

What ever happened to Pato? Used to watch Serie A quite regularly when he had just burst onto the scene and I was convinced he was going to be one of the best players in the world. His progress seems to have stalled recently though and he hasn't played much for Milan this season.

MalteseRedDevil

he is a top talent but does not seem to play well with ibrahimovic. I still think he is one of the best young players in the world