How good is Pato?

MalteseRedDevil

a lot of speculation atm. I find it hard to believe that milan would be willing to let go of such an asset. Especially since they signed him for 20 million and I cant see them getting a huge profit from that investment

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just searched to bump this thread and found it already bumped...

Alexandre Pato has admitted he would like a better relationship with coach Massimiliano Allegri amid reports he is set for a move away from AC Milan.

Reports in France claim that Paris Saint Germain are in talks over a possible €50million deal for Pato, who has previously been linked with a transfer to England.

Now big-spending PSG could be ready to seal a deal for Pato, which would seemingly then pave the way for Carlos Tevez' deal with Milan.

And on Tuesday, Pato revealed that things are not as he would like with Allegri.

"I would like to have a more direct relationship with Allegri," he told the Corriere dello Sport.

"I won't say much more. If he thinks it is right to criticise me, then I have to keep my head down and work. I have to respect what the coach says.

"The fact remains, however, that if he has noticed something wrong with my game then he would be better to come directly to me so we can discuss it together."

Pato also admitted how much he loved working under Carlo Ancelotti - who coincidentally is being strongly linked with taking over at PSG.

"Carlo always spoke to me, told me what to do on the field," he said.

"If I have to improve [now] then [Allegri] has to recommend how. Champions must always move forward, they are expected to be the best.

"Every now and then Allegri will explain something to me, but a coach should always suggest to his players how to correct defects."
One player I would love us to move for. Oodles of talent just crying out for it to be focused.

In an FM situation right now, I'd be shipping out Diouf, Macheda and Owen and bringing this fella in.

Rooney, Pato, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov :drool:

The options that would provide over a season are unreal.

MalteseRedDevil

its hard to say if we should sign him. On one side you can say we do not need him. But on the other hand its a world class youngster available at a reasonable price. Then again not sure about what the transfer fee would be. May not be reasonable after all.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It'd be like buying Torres 4 years ago IMO. He's crying out for the right team.

Brophs

The One and Only
We have lots of strikers. We don't need another one unless we get rid of Berbatov, Owen and Diouf and even then it would just mean himself Welbeck and Hernandez all got too few games.

If we're going to spunk big money let's sort our midfield first.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
We have lots of strikers. We don't need another one unless we get rid of Berbatov, Owen and Diouf and even then it would just mean himself Welbeck and Hernandez all got too few games.

If we're going to spunk big money let's sort our midfield first.
I agree, I just think he's too much of a special player to pass up on. Like I said above, I'd happily see us let Diouf, Macheda and Owen go and sign Pato leaving us with 5 quality strikers, with different styles and attributes all around the right age.

Rooney, Pato, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
I agree, I just think he's too much of a special player to pass up on. Like I said above, I'd happily see us let Diouf, Macheda and Owen go and sign Pato leaving us with 5 quality strikers, with different styles and attributes all around the right age.

Rooney, Pato, Welbeck, Hernandez and Berbatov.
Doubt we'll ever pay what Milan would ask for especially when you consider the strikers we have already and it goes without saying, that if and when he does move on, there'll be plenty of suitors offering shit loads of cash.

Cold_Boy

I think he and Aguero will end up having a similar career.

Very very good players but not exactly one of the bests ever as they were expected to be.

Devil may care

I remember the interview where Fergie talked about us trying to buy Pato when Milan got him. Too late now though, only the big money players will be in for him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he and Aguero will end up having a similar career.

Very very good players but not exactly one of the bests ever as they were expected to be.
:confused:

I must have missed the memo.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Doubt we'll ever pay what Milan would ask for especially when you consider the strikers we have already and it goes without saying, that if and when he does move on, there'll be plenty of suitors offering shit loads of cash.
If they are after Tevez, what do you realistically think they would demand for Pato?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Pato has suffered because of the ridiculous comparisons to Delfouneso by Scholesy.

A young player like Pato should never have been subjected to so much pressure. He has crumbled under the weight of expectation.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wonder which one he chose

Champagne Football

A bit tasteless don't you think?
Look he was known to have a big taste for the Milan nightlife. That's what I was referring to initially. Then someone asked me if I didn't know his full story. But having a taste for the nightlife, and mourning a loved one for a period of time are 2 completely different things.

I would never ever mock someone else's personal pain, but he was known to love the nightlife, so again that's what I was referring to.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thought he was going to be amazing as per the first page of this thread but it simply never happened.

Very forgettable international career bar the goal he scored on his debut.

He did actually play in the premier league it's easy to forget.

DRM

He started well, but then faded so fast into obscurity. File under Rodrigo Possebon.

Champagne Football

Thought he was going to be amazing as per the first page of this thread but it simply never happened.

Very forgettable international career bar the goal he scored on his debut.

He did actually play in the premier league it's easy to forget.
He was as highly rated as a young Neymar or a young Kaka when he was 18. Kaka never touched a drop of booze. Pato was known for his partying. So it's sad when they piss their potential away, but some players give up fighting as soon as they are financially secure.

Graveyard

Pato's 2011 goal against Barcelona will always come to mind when reading his name. He just walked through their defense like it wasn't there.

rotherham_red

Wonder which one he chose
The irony is that he actually came from a very religious family, and they collectively made the decision to go to Milan because they thought he would be under the influence of Kaka... Look how that turned out :cool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Do you actually know the background story of Adriano?
The weird thing about the Adriano story is he actually had his best season after the tragic death of his father. The following season it all caught up with him though.
Mentally and physically.
Still,what a legend he was on PES 6.

pascell

Yup. Very tragic. But a footballer who uses the death of a parent as an excuse to ditch their career and become an alcoholic, is not being honest with themselves.
Everyone is unique and thinks differently to others, what if his father was his pillar of support and the one he relied on the most during his career? You can't just say he's not being honest with himself, he lost his father, that's going to effect even the most strongest willed of people.

A lot of footballers have a taste for the nightlife but this isn't a stick to beat them with when they lose one of their parents.

The weird thing about the Adriano story is he actually had his best season after the tragic death of his father. The following season it all caught up with him though.
Mentally and physically.
Still,what a legend he was on PES 6.
Poor fella, what a great footballer.

Luke1995

Brazilian press was sure he would go on to become Ronaldo's heir at the national team.

Him, Paulo Henrique Ganso and our own Anderson were supposed to be huge superstars but none of them had the work ethic for it

mu4c_20le

Yup. Very tragic. But a footballer who uses the death of a parent as an excuse to ditch their career and become an alcoholic, is not being honest with themselves.
He was suffering from depression, not just because he 'had a taste for the night life'. Which makes me wonder if you know about Pato's story, which I don't, but I do know his promising career was ravaged by injuries. Would like to see some sources about his personality.