How good was Paul Gascoigne

pascell

I saw the clip of him ‘scoring’, first a misskick, then the defender teed it up for him and he hit the slowest shot which the goalkeeper deliberately dived over. It’s the kinda things you do to make a disabled kid happy. Seeing a grown man who used to be one of the worlds best in his time, is pretty sad. I would not be surprised to hear he’s kicked the bucket in the next year or 2
Said exactly the same to my mates, couldn't believe what I was watching, that's not a guy in his 50s.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good documentary currently airing on BBC 2 - also iPlayer of course. Worth a watch.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Talented player who just liked the drink too much. The late great Walter Smith couldn’t tame his penchant for a drink and I doubt SAF would have been able to either.

Anyone remember that Raoul Moat incident?

j65454

Great player, probably the best English player for the last 40 years at his absolute peak.

glaspalast

Supports
Crystal Palace
Gascoigne had the ability of Zidane.

But has suffered severe mental illness since childhood.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's one those great figures who makes you wonder what could have been instead of what was.
Lazio fans and rangers fan love him i think? Rather extraordinary considering how many matches he lost due to injury.