How good was peak Kaka?

Champagne Football

I think like Pogba, De Bruyne, Salah, Rashford, Eriksen etc Mourinho was the worst thing that could have happened to him, as the emphasis on his game would suddenly have shifted from expressing himself on the pitch to primarily focusing on defending and tracking his opponent.

Kaka had this insane pace where he breezed past opponents effortlessly from central midfield. Then he'd finish his run off with a top corner goal. He was a unique player. Maybe slightly comparable to a peak Gerrard only better offensively.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He was the best in the world for 2-3 years (or maybe less), that is impressive.

He also played in the perfect era for his style, because the 4-3-1-2 allowed him to link the midfield and attack with his pace, through the middle.

I always will remember when he outran Messi with the ball, while Lio was without it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyJ_1m2HCK0

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Nah, not GOAT tier. But he was great though nevertheless.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
We were probably the best team in Europe in 2006/2007 and he tore us to shreds at OT
To be fair we were ravaged by injuries at that point, and running on fumes due to being in an extremely competitive title race against Chelsea

IIRC, Milan rested their entire first team in the Serie A game leading up to the match.

Still we made the tie more competitive than the one in 2005

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He had an unbelievable combination of speed, power and technique. He was athletically gifted, a very good dribbler, an excellent passer, had great vision, and a decent finisher.

I actually believe that he would be even greater if he played today. Today’s game is more about speed and power compared to 10-13 years ago.

Irrational.

Glorious player and a joy to watch. On his day: unstoppable.

He was also unique in the way that for a player with such a gangly physique he was so elegant and majestic with the ball. He used to make running with the ball look so effortless, he glid across the pitch. For me, Kaka 2005-07 was pretty much untouchable, and second only to Ronaldinho in those years.

Jaae

Not ITK
Goal against Celtic was phenomenal

Jesus celebration

Mugged Evra and Vidic at Old Trafford
This never happened.

He did quite well against our second-string defence at OT. Though I'd suggest running rings around O'Shea-Brown-Heinze-Evra doesn't qualify a player for legendary status.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
They don't make them like him anymore, that role seems to have died out. Maybe Coutinho at Liverpool but much more consistent?
The biggest difference between Coutinho and Kaka is athleticism.

Coutinho is slow and weak.

Kaka was fast as a flash, and very strong too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Kaka would have been a false 9 maybe in the modern game?

L1nk

Shouldn't have joined Real Madrid in my opinion. I will always remember him most for when he pretty much tore us apart in the CL that one season. As well as one of, if not the best through ball i've ever seen against Liverpool in the CL final, just absolutely unreal, it's perfect.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
If by top tier you mean the likes of Pelé, Messi & Maradona then no, he didn't have it in him. If not for the injuries I guess he could've been around the likes of Zidane or Rivaldo, especially if he would've had a dominating World Cup performance under his belt.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Kaka before his knees went to hell was the best player in the world.

He had the speed to burn people but also the strength to hold them off. Considering how tall he is he could dribble like a short lad, with impressive control over his centre of gravity. A bit like Hazard but with less power and more poise.

Watching Kaka run a defence was a great sight. Especially when it was a Scouse defence.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Shouldn't have joined Real Madrid in my opinion. I will always remember him most for when he pretty much tore us apart in the CL that one season. As well as one of, if not the best through ball i've ever seen against Liverpool in the CL final, just absolutely unreal, it's perfect.

I came in to simply post about this.

The flick away from Gerrard and then that pass. It's beyond genius.

I genuinely think it might be my favourite pass/assist ever. It's inch perfect and absolutely exquisite. Crespo never had to break stride and it's properly eye of the needle accurate.

Kaka at his peak was the most graceful player I've ever watched play football I think. He glided across the pitch. He was better than De Bruyne is right now and I think KdB is the best midfielder on the planet.

Deery

Dreary
Great player on the Messi and Ronaldo scale when he was at his peak, sadly he never reached them levels at Real.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
His solo goal against Fenerbache is one of my all time favorites. Loved watching him play and he scored some fantastic goals along the way. I think it was 2005-07 when he peaked.

Jibbs

Just watch his 07 semi final performance against United. This good.

Renegade

KDB is nothing like Kaka. I can’t think of a player in this era comparable.
Maybe Pogba when he plays in the 10?
Dont shoot me

The last Best in the world player before Messi/Ronaldo.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
It’s very rare to see a player with as much strength, speed and athleticism as Kaka playing as a creative midfielder nowadays.

Nowadays a player with those physical characteristics would be pushed out on the wing.

fps

It’s very rare to see a player with as much strength, speed and athleticism as Kaka playing as a creative midfielder nowadays.

Nowadays a player with those physical characteristics would be pushed out on the wing.
He wouldn’t have worked as a winger. Some are saying he’d do even better now, I disagree, he needed a position most teams don’t use any more. Top player, when at his best over two seasons or so. Nowhere near greatest Brazilian discussions so I don’t see much of a chance of him being in the top tier of all-time players, I’m not sure there were that many great attackers in that mid 00s period.

He'sRaldo

KDB is nothing like Kaka. I can’t think of a player in this era comparable.
Dont shoot me

The last Best in the world player before Messi/Ronaldo.
Pogba's a good shout. Maybe Oxlade-Chamberlain? Much lower level obviously, but similar profile.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He wouldn’t have worked as a winger. Some are saying he’d do even better now, I disagree, he needed a position most teams don’t use any more. Top player, when at his best over two seasons or so. Nowhere near greatest Brazilian discussions so I don’t see much of a chance of him being in the top tier of all-time players, I’m not sure there were that many great attackers in that mid 00s period.
Henry, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Inzaghi... there were a couple

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
If by top tier you mean the likes of Pelé, Messi & Maradona then no, he didn't have it in him. If not for the injuries I guess he could've been around the likes of Zidane or Rivaldo, especially if he would've had a dominating World Cup performance under his belt.
Definitely not. But comparative to Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane..might I mention Zico here? Same tier. Or below?

Wayne's World

His pace when running at you was frightening, he just effortlessly went past the opponent and create danger with his vision and shooting. There's not many players in the game today like him. His finishing and his dribbling was so underrated when he was playing.

Deserved to win the Ballon d'Or that year where he literally ran the show against every side in Europe(Including torturing us twice in the semis). Won't be remembered as one of the all time greats but when he was at his peak there wasn't many who could get close to his level.