How is that Hudson-Odoi handball not a penalty?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
CHO clearly pushed the ball with his fist when Greenwood was about to play, it's clear handball.

All the pressure from the managers on the refs is clearly working.

Last edited by a moderator:

SER19

Absolutely incredible. I didn't even watch him go check it really I was just getting ready for the penalty

El Zoido

This ref shouldn’t even come out for the second half. This is one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in my life. Absolutely appalling. I’m fuming.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looking forward to us having the morale high ground rather than the points when the report comes back and confirms that should have been a penalty. That’s going to feel really good.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Inexplicable, at the very least in the context of how penalties have been awarded this season.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ridiculous. Under their current rules, that’s a penalty. To not give it, they need to explain since his arm was not in a natural position. The inconsistency in refereeing is unacceptable.

Pronewbie

Peep
Shocking how under current rules that isn't a penalty. Despite the ball moving away from him, Hudson-Odoi moved his arm into an unnatural position and hit it.

OverratedOpinion

Everything was always said about refs getting an unfair shake due to how fast the game is played was bollox. They just make it up as they go along. Textbook penalty as it gets.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I think it's because if it wasn't gonna touch CHO's hand then it would have touched Greenwoods.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That's not a penalty, VAR has fans minds ruined.
So you’re allowed to have your hand above shoulder height and boop the ball as the attacker is about to play it? Cool.

Tarrou

short of catching the ball I don't see how it could be any more of a penalty

Amarsdd

Have to say, Klopp's moaning has really worked its magic. We've had so many decisions go against us since then.

OneUnited24

Have to say, Klopp's moaning has really worked its magic. We've had so many decisions go against us since then.
100% this. After his comments refs are scared to give any Var decisions to us. That one for me was clear. His hand is up and he punches it away. How can that not be given. My only thinking is he thought it hit Greenwood first but the replays clearly showed it didn’t.

Joke of a decision

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
2 years ago it’s nowhere near a penalty, so that I can understand. I’m more annoyed at the fact they just change the rules in the middle of a season. How is that a level playing field?

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I mean I'm appealing for a pen all day, especially with the latest ruling. But it's a bit of a nothingness to be honest and no advantage was gained with it, play on.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It’s great that the referee will have to explain his decision and be held to account.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s great that the referee will have to explain his decision and be held to account.
That should happen. It’s long overdue. Though I don’t think they should be interviewed by your typical reporter who will have loaded questions.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’m absolutely baffled. I mean it’s not like he’ve missed the episode (well, he missed it live, but he went and looked at replay...). Either I don’t understand something basic about football rules, or this is easily one of the worst decisions of the season.

I'm not sure I want to see those given as pens.

But based on pens which have been given, it's a joke. Still haunted by that Lindelof one every time something like this goes against us.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That should happen. It’s long overdue. Though I don’t think they should be interviewed by your typical reporter who will have loaded questions.
They don’t need to be interviewed live. Each side should submit a request for an explanation of each decision and the referee has to then explain his thinking on each decision. They should view it as a an opportunity to educate fans.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I thought it was 50/50. Don't think it's a travesty that it wasn't given.