How long are we willing to take Pogba's insolance?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yarn. He’s been very inconsistent for us and he’d be the 1st to admit it. To many knee jerk reactions before reading the full interview.

I’ve read worse from our legend who left for RM in the past.

I’m not Pogba’s biggest fan but I’m definitely not going to back a witch hunt which I think is what this is....
Team just got humiliated 6-1, it’s been nothing but negative atmosphere created from that defeat and transfer window and what a perfect timing for a player who involved in the game to say such thing. I don’t see it as knee jerk reaction it was clear what he said and it’s not helping but just add more negativity.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I would rather take Camavinga for 60-70 mil euros than an primadonna like Pogba at 29 for free.

We already have Casemiro, Valverde, Kroos, Ødegaard, Modric and if we get Camavinga we have 3 players for 6 position. Believe it or not 35 years old Modric is better than Pogba. I watch both United and Madrid games.
Should compare him with Isco rather than Modric because Pogba won't play as deep as where Modric is under Zidane. Zidane will play him in advanced role to create the final third chance.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Has this guy ever come close to producing what Toure did for City....

No question mark because no answer is needed.

Regardless of arguments to the effect of he hasn't been played correctly in a functioning system etc, I can not remember any period of consistency from him; no standing out from the crowd other than a pinged ball once in a while. Rather, more dispossessions in dangerous areas, shots straight at the keeper or clearly wide, generally slowing down play.

Someone with his potential and inherent quality should at least be standing out a few times a season.

Any partial confirmation bias aside, it is surely definite that he has not been worth the financial outlay one iota.

And in true United style, a player bought with an eye on future profit, at worst break even, is going to go on a free or be sold on the cheap with our ass bent over a barrel.

That's right moneymen....slap Jones on a 5 year deal...to protect value, Lingard, Rojo et al...but allow your prized asset to run down.

I know Ferguson said we wanted to be like Barcelona, but surely this was not the way he meant.
Spot on, and i think this has been one of the biggest, if not the biggest contributor to our problems post Ferguson. There seems to be no comprehensive strategy or long term plan in place for the squad make up or transfers both incoming and outgoing. For example how much money have the likes of Jones, Lingard and Rojo taken home in wages compared to how many minutes they have played? I am to lazy to find out now, but i think we can be certain its a pretty significant sum. And i dont blame the players here, but these guys should really have been playing at other clubs and not warming our bench for year after year.

And this whole practice of running down contracts until you start renegotiating us utterly idiotic and it seems the higher ups thinks it puts the club in a better bargaining positions. It does fecking not. They are pro footballers for fecks sakes, so its not like they are going to end up on the streets if they suddenly are unemployed and even the shite ones wont have much trouble finding a new club if they are a free transfer.

Truth is. Pogba should have been sold after his bust up with Jose. I'll admit Jose's history clouded my judgement in that case so i just thought it was a case of him being toxic, but Ed and co must have known what was going on then and should have fecked off Pogba then and there.

Needham

Should compare him with Isco rather than Modric because Pogba won't play as deep as where Modric is under Zidane. Zidane will play him in advanced role to create the final third chance.
Modric is simply different class to Pogba and always has been.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Pogba is a disgrace and finally Solskjaer should dump him in the reserves until he is sold in January.
If he continues to play him he is very weak.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Ive given up on him. The sooner he is gone the better. It would take a couple of top quality seasons for me to forget the shite he has served up so far. I doubt that will happen.

meamth

Before Pogba was signed..I remember our midfield was in dire state. Now we have new shiny toys it's easy to forget what Pogba brought to us when he returned.

It's easy to take the first part of his answer as insolence, but ignores the context that he said United is his club.

imamuppet

The ple... comparing Ronaldo to Pogba, really ???

As others have pointed out, one of them was/is the dogs ollocks and produced top notch performances week in, week out while the other doesnt even understand the responsibilities of a midfield player, never mind a midfield player who plays for Manchester United.

The only comparison is that they both said it was a "dream to play for Real Madrid".

Pogba is either as dense as a sheet of lead or is manipulative as an OnlyFans gold digger.

Rocknrolla69er

It makes too much sense too cash in in him and re invest in the team.

When you see how much weaknesses he brings to this team it's a no brainer.

I'd of gladly exchanged him for Partey.

Hoping Madrid or Juventus are naive enough to pay a decent amount for him office us some good players or player in part exchange.

Hopefully cash in and out a big bid in for Camavinga

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Before Pogba was signed..I remember our midfield was in dire state. Now we have new shiny toys it's easy to forget what Pogba brought to us when he returned.

It's easy to take the first part of his answer as insolence, but ignores the context that he said United is his club.
What did he bring to us when he returned? :confused:

Monkey bus

Think Pogba said what he said to try and cloud over his pathetic start to the season and create headlines for different reasons.

Does become a bit tiresome though and demonstrates his selfish streak as he must know what this will do for team morale.

I’m not even sure he’d get into RM’s team.

Aside from a brief spell post lockdown I can’t remember him ever being standout for us. I’ve also never heard a player sign for us and say they joined as they wanted to play with Paul Pogba.

Big let down. Let’s off load.

KekiZeki

Don't delude yourself guys, Zidane is a manager from an old school of footballing thought, he values professionalism above all. He'll never take him of our hands.

Our best bet is to hope PSG want to start spending crazy again but even then we'll never get anything over 40 mil. for him and that if the buyer is generous. These are his prime playing years for a midfielder, he only has like 5 season of "prime" left and all we can do is talk his potential. He already showed what he is and how toxic he is. His value is mostly in his own head.

Yes it's a huge financial loss for the club, both his wages and his initial fee. Getting him back for a huge sum of money was a perfect example of straying from the path sir Alex set for the club when he got rid of him due to his attitude, obviously. We wanted flash, not quality and mindset. This is what we ended up with.

Good news is, we're not a poor club, we can get rid and still be fiscally strong. We can take and survive these financial losses that have accumulated. What we can not do is put up with this type of behavior any longer.

Ole needs a green light to freeze him out of the team. Any fanboy crying over it can do one as far as I am concerned.

Spoony

The People's President
I don't understand why he can't get his head down and act professionally. Such a waste of talent.

dirkey

Who's talking about convincing. You said you wanted him to say these things and I just pointed them out to you.
What I meant was, that's all he should say. It was pretty obvious that's what I meant, if you read the conversation. He knew what he was doing when he mentioned Madrid.

100%.

RedIan

My patience has run out with Pogba - if only he could live up to his own hype on the pitch... time to put him on the bench and play VDB.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
We should have sold him whilst he was worth something. I can’t see anyone laying good money for him now.

He’s obviously talented but his attitude stinks.

Scriblerus

He has the ability to boss a midfield - as he showed at times in Ole's first flourish. But in how many matches for us has he actually done that? A handful? And in how many has he looked like a player in need of a brain and a backbone? And where should he play? He appears to lack the discipline for a 6 or 8, and the decision making for a 10. He needs to sort himself out and justify his opinion of himself instead of twerking at Real.

buckooo1978

In the deep midfield role he's not as good as Carrick was. Thiago would have been an instant upgrade

In the advanced role Fernandes has been better. I think Pogba needs a run there where he should be most effective. Van De Beek has impressed and he perhaps deserves a place ahead of Pogba

I watched Grealish last week and I couldn't help but think he'd be a better fit for us albeit in a superb performance vrs Liverpool. When I've seen Grealish he struck me as a real leader on the pitch. I honestly can't think of a game I came away from thinking Pogba was a real leader there. Maybe the City game where we came back from 2 nil down to win.

That's before you take into account the shit he stirs up with what he says or what he doesn't say

I think Pogba is a fantastic footballer but we still haven't quite found a place for him. He's a fantastic passer and incredibly skilful but doesn't show it enough. I would like to see him play closer to the opponents goal but personally I'm sick to the back teeth of the 'we need to do x to get the best out of Pogba' narrative. Marquee footballers shouldn't cause us so much hassle.

I'd love to see us sell him and bring in Grealish, Sancho, A deep laying Matic replacement who can pass and a CB like Upamecano

Davs

Like many comments above have said, I can't see Madrid paying even near what we paid for him if he carries on the way he's going.

I wouldn't be said to let him go now. Modern midfields are built around high work rate, something Pogba just does not possess, or does but refuses to run.

Let him go.

Bwuk

I think for the first time I’m coming round to selling him.

He’s undoubtably one of our only world class players, but there always seems to be some sort of issue. On his day he’s unplayable but that doesn’t happen often enough.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think for the first time I’m coming round to selling him.
He’s undoubtably one of our only world class players, but there always seems to be some sort of issue. On his day he’s unplayable but that doesn’t happen often enough.
perhaps for you, but there is a huge amount of doubt on this point. I don’t believe he is a world class player at all.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I dont think I've ever seen an average player so universally hyped.

He is marketable but why?

Hammondo

Our midfield is still dire, it never got good.

Hammondo

He has the ability to boss a midfield - as he showed at times in Ole's first flourish. But in how many matches for us has he actually done that? A handful? And in how many has he looked like a player in need of a brain and a backbone? And where should he play? He appears to lack the discipline for a 6 or 8, and the decision making for a 10. He needs to sort himself out and justify his opinion of himself instead of twerking at Real.
He's never been a player to boss a game. He's been a player who makes use of other players bossing the game for him.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We won a league with ageing Giggs, ageing Scholes, ageing Carrick, Cleverley & Anderson. Now we have Pogba, Fernandes, Matic, Van de Beek & Fred. It’s way stronger on paper now.

Give Fergie this squad he’d win the league.

Hammondo

We won a league with ageing Giggs, ageing Scholes, ageing Carrick, Cleverley & Anderson. Now we have Pogba, Fernandes, Matic, Van de Beek & Fred. It’s way stronger on paper now.

Give Fergie this squad he’d win the league.
You are clueless. It is nowhere near as strong now.

What you wrote is an insult to some of those players.

Toad

Let’s face it - Bruno and Pogba doesn’t work so I couldn’t care less if he left.

Hammondo

What?? How on earth is that midfield stronger on paper? 39 year old Giggs & 37 year old Scholes... Are you crazy?
We didn't play a 37 year old scholars with a 39 year old Giggs. Mainly because Scholars was 36 when he retired, when Scholars was 36 Giggs was 36/37.

In the last season we won the title they had a whopping 2 starts between them. Carrick however won players player for that season.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

He hasn't got the heart for United.

I personally look forward to him finally leaving and hope his fan boys follow.

I don't understand this supporting players over your club bollocks. There's always an excuse for this cnut which says everything really.

meamth

Hence this knee jerk thread after a bad start. Everytime.

When we got good again, the knee jerks will stay silent.

When Pogba came, he did deliver and won us a couple of trophies didn't he? Or it's non existent now?

meamth

He hasn't got the heart for United.

I personally look forward to him finally leaving and hope his fan boys follow.

I don't understand this supporting players over your club bollocks. There's always an excuse for this cnut which says everything really.
That's just the agenda you all wanted to put on here.

If you take the "United is my club, I love it here" comments more seriously, then we have a fair answer.

Hammondo

Hence this knee jerk thread after a bad start. Everytime.

When we got good again, the knee jerks will stay silent.

When Pogba came, he did deliver and won us a couple of trophies didn't he? Or it's non existent now?
No we didn't get good again, no he didn't deliver. It was all excuses then as well. All promises of in the future he will be amazing. Didn't happen.

meamth

No we didn't get good again, no he didn't deliver. It was all excuses then as well. All promises of in the future he will be amazing. Didn't happen.
Again, you and everyone else in here completely avoid the whole context of his answer, just being a knee jerk and take the "It's a dream" comments more seriously.

Oh there was a time when he did deliver, albeit he had many setbacks like injuries and Mourinho drama, he did perform before that.