How long are we willing to take Pogba's insolance?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He knows what he’s doing. The world and his dog knows that the press are fishing for quotes, and the only way to really piss on their bonfire is to roll out the stock answers and leave it at that. You don’t say that it’s your dream to play elsewhere, but you’ll just get back to the day job anyway because you’re under contract. How do you think that would go if your missus heard you say “well of course I’d love to be with Sandra from work, but you know, I’m married so I’m happy to settle with her for the time being.”

She’d be rightly pissed off.

tombombadil

No one was bigger than the club was Fergie's motto. He punished Keane, Beckham, and Rooney and others, and was shown respect from all players. I remember what the club was like before Fergie took over and he changed it to our advantage. Best manager ever.
And none of them ever dared to speak out against SAF or the club. Or so much as flutter their eyelids at other clubs.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And then he posts instagram vids of him playing basketball. I really don't believe he was injured for that long. It's textbook SAF style of handling dirty laundry behind closed doors.
He wasn't playing basketball, he shots a few baskets in street clothes.

Renegade

He knows what he’s doing. The world and his dog knows that the press are fishing for quotes, and the only way to really piss on their bonfire is to roll out the stock answers and leave it at that. You don’t say that it’s your dream to play elsewhere, but you’ll just get back to the day job anyway because you’re under contract. How do you think that would go if your missus heard you say “well of course I’d love to be with Sandra from work, but you know, I’m married so I’m happy to settle with her for the time being.”

She’d be rightly pissed off.
Love this haha. Spot on! I can’t believe people fall for the “naive” footballer interviews. His literally feeding the reporters their money quotes. It’s intentional partly to keep his name in headlines and hoping Zidane and Madrid are listening.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Unfortunately I fear Flo is too smart to sign him. They're going after Mbappé, Camavinga and Haaland in 2021 and 2022.

MDFC Manager

Wondering how many of the folks hyperventilating in this thread were also yearning for Sancho to throw a strop to force an exit from Dortmund.

Mark Armstrong

Trying to think back to the last time he put in a World Class performance for us?

Have Real fallen so far down they'd consider breaking the bank for mediocrity?

A rich man's Djemba-Djemba.

Edy2

I've wanted rid for a long time, this hasn't been a surprise seeing him doing this again. The sooner he's gone the better. He has been more detrimental to the team than influential this season so far and the handful of games he decided to give us last season. This from a supposedly game changing world class player.

JPRouve

Scout
And then he comes back one game, plays poorly and goes back out again almost immediately. Then was that the point where he went for foot surgery "coincidentally"?
You mean the game where he was limping after a tackle to the ankle he had issues with?

Sure. The same way other players aren't selected when they haven't played for their club for months for whatever reasons, fitness or otherwise, right?
The first games he missed were for France, in september 2019. He started against Southampton on August 31st and was ruled out for France due to an ankle injury which saw him miss the games on September 7th and 10th. You don't even know what you are talking about.

Bestietom

Unfortunately I fear Flo is too smart to sign him. They're going after Mbappé, Camavinga and Haaland in 2021 and 2022.
So too are all the other BIG clubs. Real were once able to get who they wanted, but many other clubs are now in the picture.

tombombadil

You mean the game where he was limping after a tackle to the ankle he had issues with?

The first games he missed were for France, in september 2019. He started against Southampton on August 31st and was ruled out for France due to an ankle injury which saw him miss the games on September 7th and 10th. You don't even know what you are talking about.
The last I checked, he didn't play almost all games until, what was it, March? How many months in between Sept and March?

Edy2

He says the club have made no contact with him over a new contract? If this is the case he has at most this season and will be sold in the summer. You can’t blame him for looking for his next club if this is true.
Erm he's been batting his eyelids at Madrid most of the time he's been at United!

buchansleftleg

At the moment he would struggle to hold a place in Tranmere's midfield...god knows why we persist in giving him runouts when he is performing like a busted flush.

I'd sell him to Trabzanspor just for a laugh.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He also said this,

"I am in Manchester and I love my club. I am playing in Manchester, I'm having fun and I want to do everything to put the club where it deserves.

"I will give everything to the max, like my team-mates."

Funny how this doesn't get mentioned, I'm not Pogba's biggest fan, but give the man a fecking break.
Don't you think he could of worded it better? He's a Manchester United player being paid massive wages so when he says," its a dream for me to play at Madrid one day" where are we going to think his loyalties lie?

Nikelesh Reddy

Well he keeps making these little advances to Madrid,which is obviously interesting....But for me the most interesting part of his interview was the bit where he says that Woodward hasn’t offered him any new contract yet.Does The club really want to keep him beyond this year?Does Woodward and the board want to wait and watch before offering him a new deal?If the club really wants him to stay,then why hasn’t a new contract been offered?

JPRouve

Scout
The last I checked, he didn't play almost all games until, what was it, March? How many months in between Sept and March?
Just address the point, was he dropped by France in September 2019? And injured players generally don't play, that's the consequence of being injured.

Bestietom

Don't you think he could of worded it better? He's a Manchester United player being paid massive wages so when he says," its a dream for me to play at Madrid one day" where are we going to think his loyalties lie?
I am playing in Manchester and having fun. This is what he thinks it is then.

tombombadil

Rooney?? Didnt speak out against the club?? Are you sure?? :lol:
You're right. I stand corrected. I suppose the more recent generation of players are more vocal. But I still remember the days when anyone who did something SAF didn't like got booted out. Keane got booted out. Stam got booted out. Beckham got booted out, etc. Anything that threatened his authority and the well being of the team.

I think SAF did mention he regretted selling Stam. I think that probably played apart in his decision not to boot Rooney out. Or it could be he felt that neither his authority nor the well being of the team was threatened. I don't know.

tombombadil

Just address the point, was he dropped by France in September 2019? And injured players generally don't play, that's the consequence of being injured.
After you address my point. How many matches and months in between that he missed and do you think ankle injuries take that long to heal?

I can accept he may have been injured at first, but subsequent behavior or performance may have resulted in Pogba getting benched. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Especially with the duration he was out, all the shenanigans that went on with the instagram posts and him coming in, playing poorly and then immediately not playing again.

Withnail

How dare people romanticise the times that players gave a shit about the team they were playing for instead of being greedy cash machines...

Did they really care or where they tied to the club, playing for a pittance, with no agency over their own careers?

It was feckin disgrace how players in the old days were treated. Many ended their lives in poverty having to selling any medals they had to survive.

Reactions: Fortitude

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
i mean what are we going to do? no one is going to buy him untill at least next summer.

I really hope we don't hand him a bumper contract though. Its Woodward though he gives everyone massive contracts

Superden

No one was bigger than the club was Fergie's motto. He punished Keane, Beckham, and Rooney and others, and was shown respect from all players. I remember what the club was like before Fergie took over and he changed it to our advantage. Best manager ever.
but he didnt though did he, he put up with all the shenanigans until they no longer produced on the pitch / or they were of no use to him in the wider picture.

Reactions: Fortitude

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No it wasn’t. Such an easy question to bat away. “I don’t want to talk about Madrid. We’ve had a tough start to the season at United and we need to focus on our next game blah blah blah” Basic stuff which he’ll have been trained on by the club’s media experts and seen loads of other players do before.

Absolutely no need to talk about how he dreams to play for Madrid and might do so one day. Yet that’s what he said and here we are.
Agreed.

He's been absolutely awful as well. Wss it Brighton where he started the game with four fouls or something ridiculous like that? Felt like we'd thrown in a 16 year old on a stage too big.