How long are we willing to take Pogba's insolance?

Withnail

No one was bigger than the club was Fergie's motto. He punished Keane, Beckham, and Rooney and others, and was shown respect from all players. I remember what the club was like before Fergie took over and he changed it to our advantage. Best manager ever.
He punished Rooney by giving a massive pay-rise and a new contract when he threatened to leave?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
i mean what are we going to do? no one is going to buy him untill at least next summer.

I really hope we don't hand him a bumper contract though. Its Woodward though he gives everyone massive contracts
Sell him for a reasonable fee and cover a part of his wages if needed. I'm not desperate for us to sell him but if it's not working out then there's no point handing him a bumper contract when he's not fitting in well

Withnail

"No-one has told me anything," he said at a press conference with the France national team on Thursday. "I have not spoken to [United executive vice-chairman] Ed Woodward. We haven't spoken about a new deal.

"At the moment, I am in Manchester and I am concentrating about getting back to my best form.

"I think there will be a moment when the club will come and talk to me and maybe offer me something, or not."

Asked about the prospect of a move to Madrid, with whom he has been linked on a number of occasions, he replied: "All football players would love to play for Real Madrid. It is a dream for me, why not one day?

"I am in Manchester and I love my club. I am playing in Manchester, I'm having fun and I want to do everything to put the club where it deserves.

"I will give everything to the max, like my team-mates.
"

Imagine literally saying in a interview that he loves his club, he's commited to giving it all for the club, he's having fun and his teammates shares that mentality. And STILL have everything taken out of context and hated on. The ONLY reason Paul get's so much shit from everyone is because he's been inconsistent on the pitch. If he'd been a bonafide superstar day in and out you'd all be fine with this.

Or that's what I assume, since I recall what happened the last time our star player spoke about playing for Real Madrid:

"Personal, it's something I want, something I dream about," he said before quoting the advice of Portugal's Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

"(It is) a dream, a step forward... For me it's a very good opportunity. As Scolari says, this only happens once."

He added that leaving Manchester United would be difficult "but I think it could be good for both (of us)"."

Everyone was clamoring for the player to stay, our then manager even flew to visit him in his home to convince him to stay another year.

Who is the player I'm talking about?

These comments were WAY WAY worse than what Paul says, yet he's universally seen as a beloved legend because he was a great player for the club.

So the conclusion seems to be that you're not salty because of the comment, you're salty because he's not delivering on the pitch. Just make a thread about that instead of comments taken out of context.
Did you post this on twitter or is someone stealing your content?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good player but can’t wait til he’s gone not gonna lie. Doesn’t show his quality anywhere near enough. There’s also a “Pogba FC” section of our fanfare who shit on the club just to defend him. This 21st century trend of supporting players rather than club is so weird & stupid to me.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Expressing a desire to maybe, one day, play for Real Madrid (which is a dream for most football players) is hardly insolence. Especially not when it's followed up by him stating that he's very much settled, focused, etc.

However, what you could argue is that Pogba should know by now that this particular question ("So, Zizou, eh? Would be nice to play for him, eh?") is likely to cause meltdowns among the United fan base.

He can just refuse to answer: "Not talking about other clubs, just focused on United, next question, ta!" Easy enough.

Withnail

AS are claiming this and the english press don't have a word about it... seems legit:

Pogba is accused of ‘throwing a tantrum’, aware that the ‘train’ to pick him up for Real Madrid has likely passed: ‘And it is a train, as they say, that only happens once in a lifetime.’

So what would the tantrum be for? AS aren’t clear, although the suggestion would be it’s either to try and shake Madrid into paying attention, or to panic his current club into renewal talks.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The guys a nob who thinks he’s too good for us, he may have a world class pass on him but other than that he does nothing but cause us damage these days.

too lazy and not solid enough for playing deep midfield, too slow on the ball to play high midfield and too slow in pace for the wings. I don’t know where is best position is but I think he himself expects players to cover him so he’s a luxury player and doesn’t have to do any hard work

when Beckham and RVN went to Madrid I was gutted, I’d be waving this fellow off with a smile

Bestietom

He punished Rooney by giving a massive pay-rise and a new contract when he threatened to leave?
Some people you cannot please, and will always find something to moan about. He was our best manager ever and brought us many trophies including 13 Premierships.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What question was he asked? Because if that question was "Would you like to play for Real Madrid?", then I have zero problems with his answer.

Of course, if the question was "What are your expectations for next year?" then he can bugger off. But I'm guessing it wasn't, I'm guessing he was outright asked about Real, or about playing for ZiZou, and I don't care if one of players has other clubs or managers they'd like to play for. As long as they give their all while they're here.

My biggest concern is that Pogba has been absolute gash since the season started, I don't know if it's a hangover from his covid infection, or if his mind is elsewhere, but he needs to pick up his game
He could just say I don’t give a feck about Real Madrid I’m a Man Utd player, instead of Pimping himself out

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
After you address my point. How many matches and months in between that he missed and do you think ankle injuries take that long to heal?

I can accept he may have been injured at first, but subsequent behavior or performance may have resulted in Pogba getting benched. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Especially with the duration he was out, all the shenanigans that went on with the instagram posts and him coming in, playing poorly and then immediately not playing again.
The amount of games is irrelevant to the claim you made. And yes, ankle injuries can take that long to heal if you don't treat them properly in the first place, anything related to feet and ankles can be a nightmare to heal. A recent example in an other sport will be Von Miller, who dislocated a tendon in his ankle and should be out for 3 to 6 months, a regular high ankle sprain takes typically 4 to 6 weeks to heal but if you comeback too soon, you can double that amount of time just because you didn't wait one more week.

And Pogba didn't play poorly when he came back, in all the cameos that he played he was one of the best players on the field, you seem to just make up things to fit a flawed narrative.

JPRouve

Scout
Did they really care or where they tied to the club, playing for a pittance, with no agency over their own careers?

It was feckin disgrace how players in the old days were treated. Many ended their lives in poverty having to selling any medals they had to survive.
I think people should always keep in mind that pre-bosman, players didn't had the freedom to move to an other club even at the end of their contract.

CiroDiMarzio

I don't have a massive problem with his answer in isolation tbh. I think Pogba is one of the most talented players in the world. I accept he is just not the type of player to dominate a game though, and he is probably someone who is always going to thrive in a strong team that is playing well. That said, he is absolutely not playing to his potential at the moment, and hasn't been for a while, so his performances need to improve dramatically or that midfield needs a reshuffle.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
"No-one has told me anything," he said at a press conference with the France national team on Thursday. "I have not spoken to [United executive vice-chairman] Ed Woodward. We haven't spoken about a new deal.

"At the moment, I am in Manchester and I am concentrating about getting back to my best form.

"I think there will be a moment when the club will come and talk to me and maybe offer me something, or not."

Asked about the prospect of a move to Madrid, with whom he has been linked on a number of occasions, he replied: "All football players would love to play for Real Madrid. It is a dream for me, why not one day?

"I am in Manchester and I love my club. I am playing in Manchester, I'm having fun and I want to do everything to put the club where it deserves.

"

Imagine literally saying in a interview that he loves his club, he's commited to giving it all for the club, he's having fun and his teammates shares that mentality. And STILL have everything taken out of context and hated on. The ONLY reason Paul get's so much shit from everyone is because he's been inconsistent on the pitch. If he'd been a bonafide superstar day in and out you'd all be fine with this.

Or that's what I assume, since I recall what happened the last time our star player spoke about playing for Real Madrid:

"Personal, it's something I want, something I dream about," he said before quoting the advice of Portugal's Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

"(It is) a dream, a step forward... For me it's a very good opportunity. As Scolari says, this only happens once."

He added that leaving Manchester United would be difficult "but I think it could be good for both (of us)"."

Everyone was clamoring for the player to stay, our then manager even flew to visit him in his home to convince him to stay another year.

These comments were WAY WAY worse than what Paul says, yet he's universally seen as a beloved legend because he was a great player for the club.

So the conclusion seems to be that you're not salty because of the comment, you're salty because he's not delivering on the pitch. Just make a thread about that instead of comments taken out of context.
I disagree, lots of fans don’t think of ronaldo as a united legend, he’s one of our best ever players but spent his best years at Madrid and he’s more their player than ours (even though I preferred his play style for us)

he could answer that question by just saying Madrid a great club everyone knows but he’s a man united player. Not say he dreams of playing for them. He knew exactly what he was doing imo

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Another Pogba thread. Is there anything thats being discussed here thats not there in Pogba selling thread?

youmeletsfly

No wonder he's saying that when his agent said in the summer that they're discussing with United a new contract.
People take things too seriously these days.

Withnail

Some people you cannot please, and will always find something to moan about. He was our best manager ever and brought us many trophies including 13 Premierships.
Are you feeling ok?

What was I moaning about?

You said he punished Rooney and I was arguing against that. I didn't come in here to moan about Fergie :lol:

His comments about Madrid are a disgrace. He shouldn't play again until he apologises publicly.

As for his performance level. No it's not been what we hope would happen when he returned. But i do think the marketing around his return lead people to believe United were signing a thrilling attacking player who was going to score lots of goals and carry the team.

Ultimately Podga is a good midfielder. Nothing more nothing less. He plays very well for Fance, which had a good team and an identity of how the team plays. At United he is playing in a poor team that lacks identity and structure.

Yes his performances have been inconsistent - which is disappointing but if you dropped a 27 year old Ryan Giggs in this team he'd likely be inconsistent due to what is happening around him.

Pogba hasn't been great, but the team is a shitshow in general and his % of blame is disproportionate to what others get.

I'm a fan of Pogba, but seems best for him to move on now. However, united fans itching to sell him should realise that he will be replaced by an inferior player.

tombombadil

The amount of games is irrelevant to the claim you made. And yes, ankle injuries can take that long to heal if you don't treat them properly in the first place, anything related to feet and ankles can be a nightmare to heal. A recent example in an other sport will be Von Miller, who dislocated a tendon in his ankle and should be out for 3 to 6 months, a regular high ankle sprain takes typically 4 to 6 weeks to heal but if you comeback too soon, you can double that amount of time just because you didn't wait one more week.

And Pogba didn't play poorly when he came back, in all the cameos that he played he was one of the best players on the field, you seem to just make up things to fit a flawed narrative.
He made a comeback once or twice before the lockdown. I think it was Dec? Do you remember the game he made the big come back, we lost and then was not played again the following week?

It was only after the lockdown, I think, when he returned to the squad and played consistently.

And for more off the field shenanigans

https://scroll.in/field/947559/he-n...th-pogbas-absence-from-manchester-united-team

Pogba has not played for United since September 30 due to a persistent ankle injury, missing 21 games for club and country in that time.

But the 26-year-old has attracted criticism for visiting Dubai and Miami as well as being filmed dancing at his brother’s wedding in Paris while he has been rehabilitating.

UpWithRivers

This is our problem. Hold on to players too long. The only way he gets to Real post covid is to run out his contract. Which he will do unless we pay him 4k a week. Which is what we probably will do. Same as De Gea. Same as anyone that wants to go. What happened to no player is bigger than the club.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Ducker not taking any prisoners at the moment.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I think the idea of Pogba and the emotional investment when we signed him, his return, us crying out for a midfielder means we don't want to see him leave.

The reality is, this is the player he is and perhaps, Fergie was right in the long run. Talented lad, can do wonderful things but barely translates that to the pitch.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So who’s going to own up to stealing all Tom catos words :lol: How sad

JPRouve

Scout
He made a comeback once or twice before the lockdown. I think it was Dec? Do you remember the game he made the big come back, we lost and then was not played again the following week?

It was only after the lockdown, I think, when he returned to the squad and played consistently.

And for more off the field shenanigans

https://scroll.in/field/947559/he-n...th-pogbas-absence-from-manchester-united-team
Against Watford we were losing before in came in, are you suggesting that it was his fault? He went to Dubai and Miami to rehab, in sports clinics, in Dubai he went to the same place we sent Matic, Dalot and Shaw, in the past Ibrahimovic went to Miami for his rehab while Rooney went to Portland years ago but yeah shenanigans.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
However, united fans itching to sell him should realise that he will be replaced by an inferior player.
Who's he, though?

The Pogba we saw after the restart for a few blessed games where it actually looked as though we had a very good midfield? Very likely.

The almost mythical Pogba who has a potential very few midfielders in the world can match? Without any doubt.

The actual Pogba who has turned up for United more often than not since he came back from Italy? Nah, forget it. That Pogba won't be too hard to replace.

Stacks

Nothing wrong with what was said. No one thinks he will be at United for his whole career and has done 4 seasons already.

I feel we should help him fulfill his dream.........

Stacks

"

yep. nothing wrong with what was said IMO.

Giggsy13

When we watch Pogba play you wonder on occasion whether he has an elite footballing brain. His comments now and those in the past show he doesn’t have much of a brain at all.

Assess and judge the situation. If you’re playing like shit have and have had hardly played the past year then good judgement and common sense suggests you pass on that question.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I really don't think Madrid go for Pogba. They aren't idiots, they already had 1 high profile feck up with Hazard. Pogba would be the same. Talented, but lazy and injury prone, and getting older to exacerbate those issues. What Madrid will do is go young and get Mbappe, Camavinga, Haaland within the next few years and then have a quality side again.

Our best chance to move Pogba will be to Juve, but even then that might have to be in 2 years as they likely won't pay a big fee next summer with Pogba only having the option year left.

Deery

Dreary
When we watch Pogba play you wonder on occasion whether he has an elite footballing brain. His comments now and those in the past show he doesn’t have much of a brain at all.

Assess and judge the situation. If you’re playing like shit have and have had hardly played the past year then good judgement and common sense suggests you pass on that question.
It’s his ego even playing shite he still thinks he’s some sort of galactico..