How long before we win a PL title again?

Hughie77

Next 3 years I would say. I'm not concerned about the scum, they got American owners, so they won't invest as much as City, or Chelsea will or can. Get this squad firing and the right players in for the right system that needs to be played. In next 2 Windows 2023 to 2024 season I realy think we can have a good run at it . Hopefully before . But we need a younger striker 2 of them or more.

Hughie77

For me it's Ole, I think the squad is good enough to challenge. If we had a proper manager I am convinced that we would be fighting for the title this season.
I tend to agree, the poor games we've had so far has cost us, you look at the scum have they got a better squad than ours? It's more to do with getting the best out of what you got, I don't think we've got the best out of what we got so far.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I think this malaise is incurable. In my life time I don't think I will see us lift the title again.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Not whilst Klopp and Guardiola are around. They are inspirational managers and like Fergie drive fear through the rest of the league and pick teams apart.

I think Klopp is contracted to 2024 and Pep 2023.

So in terms of your question 2025 is the answer.

MalaysianRed7

It’s impossible to predict. It could take 20 years, it could be next season. Leicester have won it. Blackburn have won it. Chelsea won it after coming 10th the previous season. Liverpool built a team that peaked for two seasons and got a cumulative 197 points in those seasons. It really depends on the manager you have, and whether the players pull together for one season. In terms of the quality in our squad, if we get a new DM, we could win the league next season if we don’t botch the managerial appointment.

This is why it’s so important to weed the bad eggs out of the squad.

We will never ever win the premier league again until the Glazers have gone, even then the damage they have done to us might be too great to ever win it again.

For those posters saying not until Klopp or Pep leaves. Sorry but that sounds like fantasy to me, at Man City the manager is almost irrelevant due to their squad. Besides, they will always hire the best manager available, there is always a next great manager. They have already won the league with multiple managers in the last 10 years.

We haven’t even challenged for 9 years and the league is only getting harder (Newcastle etc). How could we possibly compete with owners who actually want to win and invest money into their club (Man City and Chelsea). It’s impossible.

dove

Not in this decade, that's almost guaranteed. We are absolutely miles away from the best teams and our next manager will be Poch who is not winning the league. The club is in a very bad shape with useless board and stupid fanbase.

Ranchero

Never mind win the title...we are struggling to even make the European places. Top 4? Right now that is quite honestly pie in the sky.

PoTMS

At the very earliest, it'll be 2026/2027 unless Klopp, Pep and Tuchel feck off earlier. We have too many problem areas on and off the pitch and are nowhere near City or Liverpool at the moment.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
Well based on Liverpool, who Man Utd. closely resemble at present, well it took them 30 years. So not before 2043.

(So not in my lifetime - I'm middle-aged now).

Bestietom

If the board and Glazers put the money in, and we get a top manger and players, I would say 4-5 seasons. If we carry on the way we are going, then NEVER.

PoTMS

Are the Glazers/Woodward Liverpool fans? There's no other explanation.

James35

At this point with the owners and people running the club I could easily see us going another 9 years. I personally think we need other clubs to fall dramatically (like we have) before we get to the top again and I think City will reach our 13 premier league titles before we win another one.

Pickle85

The way we're looking I'd expect us to win a CL before the PL. We could get a super lucky draw in knock outs and eke out a few tight wins a la Porto under Mou but I don't see us having the quality to win any competition that calls for sustained periods of consistent quality.

James35

I reckon we are going to go another 10 plus years before winning it.

Or that changes considerably if we get new owners with unlimited funds and football people running the club.

But yeah zero faith we will win it again anytime soon.

JeffFromHK

Witnessing Man Utd lifting up trophies after trophies in my teenage, like 5or 6 league titles in that period, I could never imagine that I would not be able to witness us lifting the league trophy again in my entire 20s (if we fail to win next season)

Yakuza_devils

It seems impossible because Pep and Kloop have raised the bar so high. Every season it will be thereabouts 100 points.
We are at least 2 to 3 years away to get to the level if everything go smoothly.

OpenIntrovert

Tonnes of negativity here as usual. There were many who felt that this club was doomed due to their "expert" analysis of the first 3 games of the 20/21 season, where we lost 2 and scraped past 1. Ole changed his tactical setup (from Pogba and Matic to Fred and McTominay as the double pivot) and we almost became champions. Unfortunately a spate of injuries during the early Jan days and a ridiculous schedule towards the end did not help us push further. We also lacked luck in some of the games that we drew and lost.

PL title is not just determined by our squad capabilities, but on various factors such as managing injuries during the season, mentality of the players, the tactics that we are going to implement and even luck. Liverpool managed their injuries very well during the 19/20 season and they also had a bit of luck, especially in close games against Sheff Utd and Aston Villa, eventually becoming champions. The following season they had 1 major injury and also due to Klopp's tinkering with the player positions (putting Fabinho in defence instead of changing the midfield shape to 5 or 6), they almost dropped out of the champions league positions.

In summary, if we manage ourselves well, have a good attitude and the manager implements the right tactics, we might even win the PL title next season. Hopefully the bad luck this season becomes good luck this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

L3G4CY15

My wife is due at the end of July, I’m expecting my son will be out of school and married by the time we win the PL again. By the time we win again it’s possible it won’t even be the PL anymore.

Chicharo

At this point 3 years minimum if the things go as we hope.
Ideal scenario:
Next season - back to top 4
Season after that - we can get close to Citeh and the Dippers
After that we may fight for the first place

Realistically, Liverpool will have at least 20 PL trophies by then. City will end up with that first Cl trophy as well. And that is what hurts me so much

However, the way the the things are going, 5-6 years... I try to think positively but I can't. I just know I wouldn't stand if both of the lot keep winning everything. Chelsea waited 10 years for the CL title, now they have two. City will win it eventually...

Ole'sgunnarwin

I'd be surprised if it was in the next 20 years. It has to take a huge turn around from United (can't see that soon) and a drop in the big teams. Then you've got the likes of Newcastle with their money. Like for next season I see Spurs as having a far better squad than ours. That's not good.

copen1945

My wife is due at the end of July, I’m expecting my son will be out of school and married by the time we win the PL again. By the time we win again it’s possible it won’t even be the PL anymore.
Perez still hasn't let go of the super league idea, and with Real Madrid as one of the driving forces, this will come up again. If this is instituted, we actually will have a better chance of winning a league trophy within five years of the inception of the super league. The new league likely will follow the American model and have a salary cap or an expense cap.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The Glazers have stated that through their actions that 4th place is the target.
With this in mind, I don't see us winning the league while the Glazers are in control.
The league is incredibly difficult to win and without a board who have the desire to win the league, I can't see how we will.

So, if we estimate that the Glazers will sell up in about 10 years, add another 5 yrs to replace all existing staff (who have proven to be useless), so I'd say 15 years. 2038. I know that sucks, but that's the reality we live in.

The crazy thing is that with all the money the club have spent, they could easily have put together a board, backroom staff and playing staff which would've been good enough to win the league. The problem is that their aim is 4th place and this means they end up spending more money than any other club while achieving less.

Morpheus 7

It's too hard to predict right now, especially after last season. People saying a lifetime or 20 years, bit over the top. Realistically though not likely in the next 5. Cycles happen, it's about how well the manager can get a tune out of players, implement a style, recruitment and the cycle of other teams. Even Leicester fluked a league with the right timing. This 90 point plus for position one and two will end, the teams below will get better. Klopp and Pep won't be hear forever.

It's just United's time for a drought unfortunately, we were spoiled but will eventually get back. Not take a league for granted again, as fans I think it's healthy, can't just have the good times, need to appreciate it after dark times. Let's see where Ten Haag takes us.

honirelandboy

If we get De Jong, CM RW CF RB we have a chance. That's five new world class players in two transfer windows so minimum three years.

Liverpool and City have no weakness in thier strongest 11 and we shouldn't have either if we want to compete.