How long did it take you

tjb

For me it was mainly the CL group stage exit last year and when he kept Fred on at halftime to get sent off and Bruno was gesturing for him to make a change around the 70th. All in the same game.

But I did say in summer 2019 that he was the transitional manager to build a better foundation to the next manager. Too bad he overstayed his welcome.
TBH, last season's start and lack of preparation showed him and his team up to be amateurs. Could you imagine Fergie having a team that unprepared to start a campaign off. No team looking to win the league could have afforded to do what we did in the beginning of last season. It wasn't just the result, but the performances. There seemed to be no plan, no fitness ..just nothing. Any serious manager , even despite the pandemic complications, would allowed for that lack of preparation. We literally spent about 4 weeks figuring it out. City had a bad start results wise, but we they never looked like a worst team than Brighton or Crystal Palace.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Signing Ronaldo. Always felt he had a positive impact on the football club. Ronaldo’s signing ended that.

Cavani is better for our team than Ronaldo. Fitter, better finisher, better influence. Marginalising him to play Ronaldo is, and was, mad.

This year will be a step back. Needed a central midfielder, signed an ageing 9. Fcuked it all.
:lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Since just before Bruno came into the team. We lost 2-0 away to Liverpool, 2-0 at home to Burnley and drew 0-0 at home against Wolves to leave us 7th.

At that point I felt we'd never win the league or champions League with Ole at the helm and haven't got the hope or belief that we could since. We even went undefeated the rest of that season to finish 3rd and it never came back.

Those should be the trophies a club our size should be aiming for so having no belief you can do it means that the manager wasn't the right one for me.

I haven't necessarily really been Ole out either. I'm afraid I'm one of those more indecisive ones who think you have to do something seriously wrong to get the boot.

Like the Glazers I'm probably largely ok with making top 4 each season when it comes to the manager's position. It's not something I celebrate or am happy with as a fan and don't celebrate it as an achievement, not when winning the big trophies is the ultimate target. Still, haven't thought Ole would take us all the way for a good while now. It has felt like a matter of time until he leaves for a long time now, just waiting until he finally gets things wrong enough really.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Probably this recent run of form. I never was sure he was the guy that would lead us to titles but I'd been fine with the job he did rebuilding the squad and instilling a better mentality than we had had under previous managers. But this year for me was going to make or break him, although I never would have guessed we would look this disorganized. If it wasn't for Ronaldo we'd probably eliminated from UCL groups as well which is terrifying to think about. But I no longer think our personnel is an issue. Of course we have holes in the squad but if you don't think Klopp or Tuchel could come in immediately and have us looking miles better within a month I don't know what to tell you.

Jibbs

I have Ole skeptic since day one, even after that famous night in Paris when Neville was going mad and asking Ole how much he wants as manager, I was among a few here who thought it was a bad idea. Ole is a very nice guy but some people just doesn't have in them. Ole is one of those.

bleedred

Loss to crystal palace at OT in 2019. I vehemently supported and defended him through the lull after PSG and over the summer. I knew after the draw at wolves and loss to palace, he was just an average manager.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
TBH, last season's start and lack of preparation showed him and his team up to be amateurs. Could you imagine Fergie having a team that unprepared to start a campaign off. No team looking to win the league could have afforded to do what we did in the beginning of last season. It wasn't just the result, but the performances. There seemed to be no plan, no fitness ..just nothing. Any serious manager , even despite the pandemic complications, would allowed for that lack of preparation. We literally spent about 4 weeks figuring it out. City had a bad start results wise, but we they never looked like a worst team than Brighton or Crystal Palace.
Knowing we have little to no time well in advance, he still failed to prepare us to start the season in any kind of form. All so predictable.

He then came out with excuses about lack of fitness and lack of fans. Well, we've seen none of that change this year and today the lack of fans myth has trully been dispelled.

He should agree a separation by mutual agreement and retain some dignity and support from the fans. Many love him as a player but personally, if he drags this out, his image will be permanently tainted.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Last season when we lost in the CL group stages

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Villa was when it was over for me. It was the hope to see him succeed that it took this long.

sugar_kane

A lot later than most, but starting Maguire against Leicester was a clear sign that Ole has lost the plot - to the fans and the players.

I don’t even rate Bailly, but to not start him over a clearly injured Maguire shows the rest of the bench they haven’t got a chance and put the rest of the starting 11 through a humiliating spectacle.

RedStarUnited

Mid January last year.

We went to Anfield whist we were top and Liverpool were in disarray. We didnt try to win the game and let them off the hook. They went on to lose the next couple of home games and we lost the lead in the league not long after that.

I was adamant he should have been sacked at the end of last season. I had seen enough to tell me we were not going to win anything in the future. But I didnt expect this…

How he got a contract renewal in the summer il never know.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He arrived. We had the usual honeymoon period of a couple of matches where we played well. Then we carried on winning but there was obviously something wrong with the football. Then we stopped winning. Then the club handed him a contract in the middle of his first poor run of results.

That’s when I knew.

I’ve never been convinced that he’d do anything other than win us a trophy which would somehow mean more to the club and fans than winning multiple ones with a proper manager. After last year’s Europa League final, I accepted he wasn’t even going to do that. It’s been a very expensive, very embarrassing vanity project.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I’ve never truly believed he was a great manager but I definitely thought we should give him time and a chance. I’d say it was the Wolves game where I started to think it was time. The Leicester game sealed it. And this one yesterday just confirms it.

Mind, I’ve always been late to the “x manager out” crowd.