How long will it take for ETH to make up his mind about these players?

lex talionis

I appreciate the spirit of the question in the thread title, but each player has to be judged on his own merits and on the schedule appropriate for that player.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I appreciate the spirit of the question in the thread title, but each player has to be judged on his own merits and on the schedule appropriate for that player.

You sound like a n "Everybody gets a fresh start and clean slate" type person when the new manager comes in:lol:. Jokes.

I'm just glad that he drastically changed the team after 2 big losses and a false dawn that went down like a lead ballon. The look on ETH face at seeing such poor performance.. The poor chap was so shocked with fright and confusion that he lost all his hair before the next game 'lol:.

Excellent team performance in gw 3,very happy with the team.

lex talionis

You sound like a n "Everybody gets a fresh start and clean slate" type person when the new manager comes in:lol:. Jokes.

I'm just glad that he drastically changed the team after 2 big losses and a false dawn that went down like a lead ballon. The look on ETH face at seeing such poor performance.. The poor chap was so shocked with fright and confusion that he lost all his hair before the next game 'lol:.

Excellent team performance in gw 3,very happy with the team.
Players in fact do have to be judged by the new manager by what the new manager sees from that player.

As we understand it, Ralf wanted to remain in a consulting time, but Erik was having none of that. So Ralf is gone and Erik is responding to what each player is showing him. We saw yesterday that he benched two players who are not injured and not obviously going anywhere, Maguire and Shaw, and benched another player who may or may not be leaving the club, Ronaldo. These are three players who, in different ways, have failed to impress the new manager and thus were benched. But this is not to suggest that all three have written themselves out of the new manager’s plans for the season. Maybe they have, but maybe not.

There really is no single schedule by which every player must get their act together or have their boots unlaced. But what I think we can say now is that the leash is short even for Ronaldo and Maguire, GOAT and captain. Whether that leash is 1 or 2 or 5 horror performances is hard to say, but we are not going to see anyone get away with an entire season of horror performances such as what Ole and Ralf allowed last year from Rashford, Bruno, Maguire, Shaw, Fred and McTominay.