How long will Liverpool's dominance last?

Discipline

I don't think so. It takes usually a year for Pep's new signings to shine. Also, they are a Sterling injury away from creating or finishing enough offensive opportunities.
What about Aguero and Jesus lad, they are good enough to punish anybody on their day? Also, it would be unrealistic to believe that Liverpool will have another 95+ season with busy schedule and thin bench. BTW I think that your team will do well this season when players gel into the system a bit.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Klopp says he will be there four more years and I get the sense that he is being honest about his plans.

I think 1-2 more titles in those four years is reasonable to expect. They are absolutely co-favorites with City to win this year and I have a hard time seeing any other club challenging them. But it is really hard to dominate the Premier League for an extended period as health, luck, and the actions of other teams plays a huge role, plus they have numerous key players aging out of their primes. As a ballpark estimate, I would give them a 50% chance of winning this year, more like 30-40% the following year, and more like 25-30% the next couple years afterward.

I think they will be right in the mix for the CL that whole time as well and I think they have a good chance of bagging another. The tie against Atleti notwithstanding, they are a very good cup team as they can really manage matches and also now have so much experience in those situations.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Needs to last another year or two before you can even call it a dominance.

Jerry Garcia

They will win the league this year again very easily. By the time Klopp has left, I expect them to have another 2-3 premier league titles and another Champions League trophy. I don’t think Klopp will leave until Liverpool are on 21. That’s just my opinion of course.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Really? They have taken 196 points out of a possible 216 in the last two seasons

Plus a champions League to boot.

ReddevilTinu

Liverpool has placed a great system to identify players and getting them at a great value. They have created a squad with limited resources and made it most valuable squad in England.

This time as well they have invested in Jota and LB who is unknown but with great potential suiting to their style, more like moneyball signings. The problem however with Liverpool would be ageing squad and lack of Matchday resources. They need to invest in a stadium which will generate good revenues.

Post COVID crowd will be allowed in the stadiums and they will lack this revenues compare to likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and us and others who have bigger stadiums

Also post Klopp who manages Liverpool and how well he is able to get out of players will be another big question mark for the board. They had 2 great managers Shankly and Paisley which made their dominance. We had SAF who has equal or more tenure then theirs to create the dominance. The next guy will be in same position as Moyes with loads of expectations on his shoulders and pressure to maintain Klopps Legacy in the way team plays and wins.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Really? They have taken 196 points out of a possible 216 in the last two seasons

Plus a champions League to boot.
228 points available from 2 full seasons but that is still an insane number of points. The season before that we also made the Champions League final hammering Man City in the process.
We've been on a steady incline since Klopp arrived making regular European Final appearances and then we started challenging on the domestic front before finally winning it.
We are at the peak of Klopp's first Liverpool side. How long this peak lasts remains to be seen and whether he will stay to build another side after this one comes to its natural end is always going to be a debate.
For what it's worth, I think Klopp will leave in 2024 after his contract ends and we will naturally drop off from there whilst a new manager tries to implement his own ideas into the club.
I think we've got another 2 great seasons (including this one) ahead. Maybe not winning the league again or even the UCL but challenging closely for both. Winning 2 or 3 league titles on the bounce is tough especially in this day and age so if we do defend this title, then it will be a huge achievement

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
228 points available from 2 full seasons but that is still an insane number of points. The season before that we also made the Champions League final hammering Man City in the process.
We've been on a steady incline since Klopp arrived making regular European Final appearances and then we started challenging on the domestic front before finally winning it.
We are at the peak of Klopp's first Liverpool side. How long this peak lasts remains to be seen and whether he will stay to build another side after this one comes to its natural end is always going to be a debate.
For what it's worth, I think Klopp will leave in 2024 after his contract ends and we will naturally drop off from there whilst a new manager tries to implement his own ideas into the club.
I think we've got another 2 great seasons (including this one) ahead. Maybe not winning the league again or even the UCL but challenging closely for both. Winning 2 or 3 league titles on the bounce is tough especially in this day and age so if we do defend this title, then it will be a huge achievement
Where would Klopp go though? Well I guess there are only three jobs left.

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and England/Germany national team

Klopp is 53. If his contract expires at end of 2024 he'll be 57? Am I crazy for thinking that's too old to start building a new squad like he did at Dortmund and Liverpool.

He might just stay at Liverpool.

Only 5 managers have won the champions League with two different clubs.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Klopp is 53. If his contract expires at end of 2024 he'll be 57? Am I crazy for thinking that's too old to start building a new squad like he did at Dortmund and Liverpool.

I think he said he plans on taking a year off when he leaves Liverpool. And would guess the German NT would be his next stop.

Tyrion

Exactly. People said the same a year before about City. People said the same when Mourinho won in his second stint. People talked about dominance when City won their first. People talked about dominance when Chelsea won it with Ancelotti.

Basically, everyone who wins the league (except Leicester) is talked about as being dominant and people wonder how it can possibly end and then it does.

Fussball13251

They have Arsenal next so they might drop a point, although highly unlikely.

Thiago was a good signing for them. They passed Chelsea off the pitch. Overall they deserved to win as Lampard was using scared tactics... i.e, just playing not to lose.

Last edited:

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

It'll be a NT, most probably ours, and that's gonna be it.

Needham

Liverpool's signings remind me horribly of when they dominated the 80s by adding 2 maybe 3 at most sensibly chosen, necessary to keep the squad the best in the league, top top pros who were also brilliant players.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Klopp is looking like the Dortmund version where he looked like he took the club as far as he can and he is turning back to look for shortcuts like Thiago.

OleBoiii

More like a sub that was briefly allowed to take out the gag ball before getting tied up.

Chairman Steve

They had 2-3 years being an awesome team and were unfortunate that Guardiola and his City team were in the same league as them. Otherwise they’d have potentially been Premier League champions twice and Champions League winners twice.

And even if now they’ve got injuries spreading like wildfire this season, in that same 2-3 year period I don’t recall any major injuries happening. That front 3 of Mane, Firmino and Salah were starting week in, week out. VVD was starting every game pretty much after he joined. TAA and Robertson were playing every game etc. It’s like a dream scenario that you can go an entire season where your big hitters don’t get injuries but almost three years is a miracle.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No one saw a decline coming if you look at season prediction thread. They looked untouchable winning 26 out of first 27 games last year. They also had pretty much every decision go their way in that run...

Guess recent form has been the yang from that...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The more I see the tiring in games, the more I think back to a few posts in here talking about off-cycles and the like.

The energy drop-off is too strange not to question.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The only dominance they have is when Klopp gnash his teeth to the linesman.

Seven Seas Sardines

The more I see the tiring in games, the more I think back to a few posts in here talking about off-cycles and the like.

The energy drop-off is too strange not to question.
Just found this on the topic, where the writer said on September 3rd that Liverpool will have no chance this season.

http://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

Pretty decent read, made infitinely better by the hundreds of furiously offended scousers in the comments section :lol:

Kenny_Dalgleish_JFT96 says:
March 8, 2021 at 12:05 pm
How dare you imply that MY Liverpool – MY team from MY city have been using illegal substances to help them win the title. We played amazing football the right way – with core principles of footballing positivity.
After all this city has been through over the last 35 years – and the establishment trying to smear our fanbase as junkies and animals – HOW DARE YOU!

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
They had 2-3 years being an awesome team and were unfortunate that Guardiola and his City team were in the same league as them. Otherwise they’d have potentially been Premier League champions twice and Champions League winners twice.

And even if now they’ve got injuries spreading like wildfire this season, in that same 2-3 year period I don’t recall any major injuries happening. That front 3 of Mane, Firmino and Salah were starting week in, week out. VVD was starting every game pretty much after he joined. TAA and Robertson were playing every game etc. It’s like a dream scenario that you can go an entire season where your big hitters don’t get injuries but almost three years is a miracle.
They have been all this season too :confused:

Irrational.

I created this thread two years ago, and was at a point when Liverpool were obliterating everything around them and we’re destined to win multiple PL/ CL trophies. They’ve since fluffed their lines once again and continue to have the same number of PL titles as Leicester and Blackburn.

I really do feel this cycle is coming to an end and that Liverpool have peaked. Never again will they have the opportunity to win the Quadruple or be remembered in the same vein as the 1999/2008 United squad, or the 100 points+ PL winning City squad, or the Invincibles.

Their players are getting older and their best attackers look like they may be off to pastures new; and even if not, their contracts expire next year.

We also underestimate the mental impact of a season in which they were a week away from cleaning up, and being hailed by the media as the best team ever - to go from that to the FA Cup and Carabao Cup - both won after scoring a grand total of 0 goals after extra time. It must be absolutely deflating having one of the easiest runs to the CL finals (which included Benfica and Villarreal) and bottling it. Having the perfect storm of refereeing decisions, VAR decisions, opposition capitulations and narrow victories.

I predict them to go the same way as Pochettino’s Spurs after they lost to Liverpool in the CL. They were never the same again and unravelled until Poch was sacked a few months later.

Don’t be surprised if next season is a complete flop for them, Klopp implodes and quits in a fiery ball of teeth gnashing rage as the job and the expectations gets too big for him.

I am confident their period of “dominance” has come to an end yesterday.

TheLord

I created this thread two years ago, and was at a point when Liverpool were obliterating everything around them and we’re destined to win multiple PL/ CL trophies. They’ve since fluffed their lines once again and continue to have the same number of PL titles as Leicester and Blackburn.

I really do feel this cycle is coming to an end and that Liverpool have peaked. Never again will they have the opportunity to win the Quadruple or be remembered in the same vein as the 1999/2008 United squad, or the 100 points+ PL winning City squad, or the Invincibles.

Their players are getting older and their best attackers look like they may be off to pastures new; and even if not, their contracts expire next year.

We also underestimate the mental impact of a season in which they were a week away from cleaning up, and being hailed by the media as the best team ever - to go from that to the FA Cup and Carabao Cup - both won after scoring a grand total of 0 goals after extra time. It must be absolutely deflating having one of the easiest runs to the CL finals (which included Benfica and Villarreal) and bottling it. Having the perfect storm of refereeing decisions, VAR decisions, opposition capitulations and narrow victories.

I predict them to go the same way as Pochettino’s Spurs after they lost to Liverpool in the CL. They were never the same again and unravelled until Poch was sacked a few months later.

Don’t be surprised if next season is a complete flop for them, Klopp implodes and quits in a fiery ball of teeth gnashing rage as the job and the expectations gets too big for him.

I am confident their period of “dominance” has come to an end yesterday.
Fully agree. I see a gradual decline in performance from next season. Their two best attackers in Sane and Salah will either be gone or be well-past-their-peak at the start of the new season. I sometimes feel sorry for them as they should have won at least one unasterisked PL title with the plethora of quality players in their squad.