How long will Liverpool's dominance last?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Klopp will be there for a few more years. Not sure if he really stays until 2024 though.
I believe he will seek another challenge in a new league. Maybe take over Atlético Madrid or an Italian club.

That being said unfortunately Liverpool has done what we should have done respectfully need to do in the coming years. Make sure that the structures are top and decisions are made in a way that they are the best for the club and the football. So there will a bit of a drop-off as it will be nearly impossible to find a manager getting the maximum out of the squad and make them tick like today under Klopp but they won’t go down our route.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Probably as long as Klopp stays their manager. The problem right now is that I think Pep will leave Manchester City in summer. Manchester United are a long way from getting a set of players and a team/manager combo to compete, likewise with Arsenal.

With that said, they not going to maintain this form for multiple seasons, it will be kind of like the Fergie years type of dominance.

tidraKS

Until Guardiola decides to stay and buy 2-3 good defenders :D

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The thread titles makes it look like Liverpool has won 10 titles in the last five years.

Dolf

Once other teams start getting their shit together. Liverpool are desperate to win the league while City aren't as motivated (or good) anymore. Either next season or the one after that will be a very competitive season with City, Liverpool, Chelsea and possibly us going for the title.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Everything is clicking for them and they are staying largely healthy despite working their top players at incredible levels (in terms of minutes played and workrate required during those minutes) over multiple seasons. But this level of domination really can't last, especially with their attacking trident all in the 27-28 age bracket, which is still prime years but not far at all from the beginning of age-related decline for most attackers.

I wouldn't be surprised if City is on top again next year if Pep stays and they buy big over the summer, which most observers expect. But I think Liverpool will be at least fighting for the title for the next couple years. Beyond that its totally murky, as they'll need a big squad revamp once the front three, VVD, and others like Henderson, Wijnaldum, Matip, etc are all into their early 30s.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'd be shocked if Liverpool keep up the level they have for last 18 months. What they've done is phenomenal.

It's up to whoever (likely City) to meet that challenge next season.

Centenary Boy

Supports
Liverpool
These things are always impossible to predict. I remember when United got their act together in the early 90s; all us Liverpool fans told ourselves their dominance wouldn’t last. And we all know how that ended.

i think, due to the sheer amount of money swilling around in the Premier League, it's unlikely any team will dominate for a prolonged period of time.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
2019/20
Liverpool go invincible in the league, win their 7th UCL.
sign Sancho, Havertz and Werner
United finish midtable. Ole sacked at the end of the season and replaced by Carrick
Bruno Fernandes deal falls through on deadline day.
Lingard 5 year contract extension

2021/22
Liverpool win the treble.
sign Mbappe at the end of the season
West Ham distant 2nd in the league
United relegated.
Carrick fired at the end of the season. Replaced by Woodward as CEO-Manager

2022/23
Liverpool become first English side in history to win the quadruple
Jordan Henderson wins Ballon D’Or
United narrowly lose against middlesbrough on the final game of the season, miss out on promotion
Starting midfield is Matic-Lingard-Pereira

2023/24
Liverpool become the first team in history to win every game of every competition they enter
They become the first team to win 4 consecutive Premier League titles, and the first team since Real Madrid to win 5 consecutive UCL.
Jürgen Klopp wins Noble peace prize
United disband as a football club. Old Trafford demolished and turned into theme park

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Cant be much longer. That streak of 0 leagues encounting is unprecedented as is.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Until both Salah & Mane leg gone. That means they are likely going to be strong team for minimum another 2-3 more seasons. To specifically call it domination, depends on City in the league.

SharpshooterTom

Depends whether or not 105-110 points is the new norm for them.

If it is then no ones getting near them.

reddevilchennai

There won't be any team hereafter to dominate things like we did.

Everyone said City are going to dominate after two title wins in a row, but they need a big changeover in squad to win the title again.

Same way Liverpool will struggle in a season or two. They were lucky to win this season, playing mediocre football many times this season but we're lucky to win scrappy matches. There were no major injury issues with their squad. On top of that, all teams were scrappy this season.

With United and Chelsea strengthening thier squads, title race will go down to the wire next season if all the teams can play to their best.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They have used all their resources (including Black magicks) and things will only go downhill from here.
Klopp doesn't look like a manager that could maintain success.
He might do well at some point but then it will turn shit.
I'd be more scared of the old version of Jose, to be honest. And of course, Pep.

reddevilchennai

2019/20
United finish midtable. Ole sacked at the end of the season and replaced by Carrick

2021/22
United relegated.

2022/23
United narrowly lose against middlesbrough on the final game of the season, miss out on promotion

2023/24
Liverpool become the first team in history to win every game of every competition they enter
They become the first team to win 4 consecutive Premier League titles, and the first team since Real Madrid to win 5 consecutive UCL.
United disband as a football club. Old Trafford demolished and turned into theme park
Better to watch Barcelona's downfall when Messiah retires. Real Madrid are set to dominate La Liga for years to come.

flappyjay

It's difficult to maintain those levels without adding to the squad. When city were winning the league last year you could make a case for their backups being good enough to get in the top 4 if they were in a team of their own. Yet with such depth here they are losing the league with 7 games to spare.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Whilst yesterday's result was a sobering realisation in terms of the gulf that exists between our two clubs, it was even more depressing to see that their key players are hitting, or are about to hit the prime of their careers. They're European and (imminent) Premier League champions, and the core of their team is yet to hit their peak. Add this to a manager that has taken to the city and club like a duck to water is ominous for the future.

The last time I saw something like this was the Chelsea team under Jose from 2004-2006. They looked simply imperious.

I know no club will achieve dominance anywhere close to what Sir Alex achieved, and I suppose that is reassuring. Surely the only way for them is down?

So... how long will it last? I need the nightmare to end soon. :(
As long as City’s did under Pep...

Kostov

Depends who will challenge them. Apart from City none of the others have shown that are capable to get even close. If Pep leaves, it will probably be the start of Liverpool dominating for the close future.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't see any one team dominating this league anymore, it's too rich, but if any team can do it is the greatest team in the history of mankind Manchester City...I mean Liverpool I forgot they're now the best team ever even though it was City who were without a doubt due to dominate for centuries just a year or so ago.

Point is, impossible to predict.

They were a better team last year and have looked tired at times this season. Let's see who they buy in the summer but they need to refresh some players.

I think Klopp will want to win the league properly but when he does that he will think about moving on.

Mr Smith

Tricky to say. No one is going to dominate the league like it has been in the past, so I think we can rule out the idea of them winning 3 or 4 in a row. I'm expecting a drop off from them next season, but it's not outside the realms of possibility they go back to back.

On the other hand, I am starting to get quite concerned that Klopp could stick around for a while, and keep Liverpool competitive for another 5 years. He seems really at home there and loves the culture. I suppose he might consider going to Madrid or managing Germany at some stage, but it doesn't look like happening any time soon. I feel Pep will leave City soon, but Klopp could be around for quite a while...

edgecutter

They will win the league again next year, nobody (and that includes ourselves) is good enough nor consistent enough to challenge them.

Decomposing In Paris

A bit of bad luck, a few important injuries, & the fine margin wins turn into draws. I don’t think there’s any need for the panic. They’ll need to make the right signings now. When you look at the team we had against Sheffield United, we dominated them, & cut them apart several times without hitting top gear. They never even threatened our goal. As unlikely as it is, if we had that team fit for the whole season next year we would make a good go of a title challenge. It comes down to how the recruitment works out. If they do end up adding a Sancho or Mbappe (as there’s been talk of them doing) it’ll be tough for anyone. If we were to add Sancho & their signings don’t hit the ground running things can change quickly. Then there’s City, who will be like a wounded beast, & Chelsea, who have already started their recruitment.

KeanoMagicHat

Most teams only have a 4 or 5 year cycle max, if you look at United - early 90s, late 90s/00s, late 00s, last Fergie team. Had to rebuild 3 or 4 times. Liverpool team is at good ages so they'll probably last 2 more years but then Henderson will be 32, Firmino, Salah and Mane will turn 30 things might change, the way Klopp plays you need blistering pace in the frontline, so he's probably going to have eventually replace 2 or those 3.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
They were lucky this season when most of the other teams had their problems.
Seems like the last title that we won - same story.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City were near flawless last year and a couple of big injuries, a lack of focus and a mistake or two in signings or not making signings and they dropped off.

Could happen to Liverpool.

But if they continue to have the luck of their key players missing a tiny handful of games each all season they'll take some overtaking.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think they might have a tricky 2nd year. They've worked very hard the last 2 years to win it, and most team struggle to do it again a 2nd time.

Think they might have a wobbly start and finish 2nd/3rd with less motivation.

Skills

Snitch
Depends how quickly City and Chelsea get back on track to stop them

M16Red

When they get an injury to two of their key players for a long period of time, plus their front three are all 28 and our front three is an average of like 22

You take one key player out of citys team and look what it has done to them

Coops73

After they all rocked up outside anfield last night they’ll put Liverpool in lockdown for the next 30 years.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
2019/20

2021/22
United relegated.

2022/23

2023/24
My prediction for 2019/20 is already wrong, so fear not United fans, the rest of it won't come true either.

chilax

Supports
Chelsea
Think they might have a tricky 2nd year. They've worked very hard the last 2 years to win it, and most team struggle to do it again a 2nd time.

Think they might have a wobbly start and finish 2nd/3rd with less motivation.
I think they will have a massive drop off next year, with players unable to keep up the level of hunger and fitness (probably). We can also bank on other teams in Chelsea, City and United getting their acts together.

The Real Treble 99

Personally I think their last season was their strongest team. This season they rode their luck at times & have just about grinned out results. Yes they’ve been good but everyone else have been piss poor. Out of the League cup, Fa cup & Champions league says it all. You need to be at a vey high level to dominate & I just don’t think they are at that level to do so.

Thisistheone

Fergie said something along the lines of great teams have roughly a 4 year cycle before you need to start again and make changes. Klopp's Liverpool are in year 3 now perhaps?

Stacks

I think they will have a massive drop off next year, with players unable to keep up the level of hunger and fitness (probably). We can also bank on other teams in Chelsea, City and United getting their acts together.
Lampard and Ole are not proven at the highest level. Are they supposed to just come in and challenge the likes of Pep and Klopp? Would you expect ex players of Pool and City to come in and challenge SAF?