How many of you will buy the new United home jersey?

Will you buy the new United home jersey?

• Yes

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • No don’t like it

Votes: 90 22.7%
  • No too expensive

Votes: 52 13.1%
  • No not giving money to the Glazers

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • No not into wearing football jerseys

Votes: 135 34.0%
  • No for some other reason

Votes: 36 9.1%

• Total voters

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I really like it but I'm not paying £65.

Will get it off DHGate for a tenner then maybe consider getting a proper one at the end of the season in sales if it's cheap enough.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Good question. I guess they are buying it for their kids otherwise it's a bit weird.
I'm 30, still play football regularly with mates so they get worn for that and also, I just like collecting shirts.

They don't get worn outdoors unless used for footy/running/walking or going to a game.

Don't have a problem with people wearing them casually though, who gives a feck really?

diarm

I'd imagine the number on the back of Williams shirt can be seen from space.

Isint it quite dangerous to buy a shirt with a number on at the moment. I certainly wouldn’t by a Greenwood or Bruno shirt. I actually don’t think either of them should change no’s, but there’s a reasonable chance.

dove

Would definitely buy a sponsorless kit version if there was one. I just don't like walking like a Chevrolet billboard.

Mainoldo

I like it. I don’t know why we always moan about them. If anything last seasons was the worst we’ve had in years.

Deery

Dreary
The away shirt out today, not really that appealing either. Not sure yet if I’ll buy it

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm 30, still play football regularly with mates so they get worn for that and also, I just like collecting shirts.

They don't get worn outdoors unless used for footy/running/walking or going to a game.

Don't have a problem with people wearing them casually though, who gives a feck really?
I think no-one bats an eyelid if you're at a game, whatever your age.
But if you're just wearing it round the shops and older than a kid, I suppose that's what people mean.

My Maguire shirt was dreadfully bad value last year.
Wore it once - then realised they'd bodged the lettering (!). Returned it, one more wear.

Two wears, for £80!!
Think I'll re-wear it this year if we're allowed into any games!

Canuckred64

I usually buy the away jerseys because with red hair the home ones dont look that good. Plus the new black away one I have seen looks good.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I take it you don't go to games if you're asking questions like that :rolleyes:
I buy United tops but never wear them to games tbh. Mainly wear them just round the house or for playing 5aside.

Carl

Most people who go to games don’t wear shirts except kids and tourists. I did when I was a child, but not as an adult.
There are plenty of adults that aren't tourists that i see every single match day wearing United tops. Weird angle.

I would personally feel a bit weird being 35 and wearing one casually out of the house. Nothing wrong with others doing it though. Just not my thing.

There are plenty of adults that aren't tourists that i see every single match day wearing United tops. Weird angle.

I would personally feel a bit weird being 35 and wearing one casually out of the house. Nothing wrong with others doing it though. Just not my thing.
And perhaps my comment was OTT. Yes there are adults who wear tops to games, but it’s certainly not mandatory, and i’d say the majority of people don’t wear a football top to a match.

philipos

The only shirt I've had since I was a boy (in the 1970s!) was the away one the club gave us for the Europa League match at Anfield a few years ago. How they expected us to wear it so that it could be seen on a cold night in March, I can't imagine!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I buy United tops but never wear them to games tbh. Mainly wear them just round the house or for playing 5aside.
You see I don't get that first bit, because I find them a crap material to just wear normally :)

The playing in them makes more sense though. Not running though, as again, it's not a great material for that.

Carl

You see I don't get that first bit, because I find them a crap material to just wear normally :)

The playing in them makes more sense though. Not running though, as again, it's not a great material for that.
I always get the player version tops, much better for exercise.

stu_1992

The new away shirt looks like the black spiderman costume from Spiderman 3. :lol: Half expecting the team to come out rocking a full emo fringe tomorrow.

I must sit amongst 1,000s and 1,000s of tourists when I go then!
It’s probably different from club to club, but whenever I go to football matches, both Utd and clubs in London (as that’s where I live), the majority of people don’t wear a football shirt, more than 50%.

Red00012

I’m in my 30’s haven’t bought a jersey in years but I buy long sleeved training gear every year.

RedDevilUnited369

Saying people don’t where shirts to matches is the stupidest thing I’ve read today.

Every stadium is filled with fans wearing shirts, hats and scarves, jackets etc...

Moorie86

Will order it of a site that sells cheap football shirts for £26.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Saying people don’t where shirts to matches is the stupidest thing I’ve read today.

Every stadium is filled with fans wearing shirts, hats and scarves, jackets etc...
I think @ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg has softened from his original comment about no-one bar kids and tourists wears them :)

He's now amending it to 50% or more don't wear shirts, but no-one was ever saying the literal majority wear them just taking exception with the above - which while being wrong is an absolute, and there aren't grades of wrong - should still be categorised in the outrageously wrong box :)

manutddjw

I’ll be getting one from DH Gate. I used to buy every year from the club store but the quality is absolutely terrible, the lettering starts peeling off after a few months of washing. For supposed knockoffs the quality from DH Gate is far superior then the authentic ones.

Gator Nate

I’m a 40-something year old man and I’ve got no problem wearing a United shirt. In fact, I’ve currently got the old retro Sharp sponsored shirt winging its way to me from Thailand (hopefully) and I can’t wait for it.

The only problem with this latest shirt is the same thing that was wrong with the last few...the fecking cheap arse looking Chevrolet transfer on the front. That gold cross looks abysmal. Proper amateur. I probably won’t buy another United shirt until it’s gone...please someone tell me it’s soon!?
Not buying any kit so long as Chevy is on there.
I knew if I read through everything, I'd find a few on the same page as me. I'm a Ford guy, have been since my dad gave me his 1979 F-150 to drive around shortly after I got my license. Of course, I'm driving a VW Passat TDI right now... :lol:

Castia

Just bought the new away top. Surprised by the colour it’s dark green. Looks really nice imo.