How many players will leave this summer?

diarm

Martial will end up back in France In a cut price deal, or a side like Newcastle will take a punt on him.

He'll have his suitors but they won't be top clubs.
Only if we subsidise the lions share of his wages.

After what happened in Seville, nobody is going to risk paying more than 40-50k a week towards his 250k total.

diarm

If you include Greenwood, and I'm not sure what happens with his wage while investigations are ongoing, we have cut exactly £1million from the wage bill since the end of the season:

Grant - 30k
Matic - 120k
Pogba - 290k
Mata - 160k
Lingard - 75k
Greenwood - 75k
Cavani - 250k

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
If you include Greenwood, and I'm not sure what happens with his wage while investigations are ongoing, we have cut exactly £1million from the wage bill since the end of the season:

Grant - 30k
Matic - 120k
Pogba - 290k
Mata - 160k
Lingard - 75k
Greenwood - 75k
Cavani - 250k
I very much hope Ipswich aren’t now paying Grant 30k a week!

Rake

Grant - 30k
Matic - 120k
Pogba - 290k
Mata - 160k
Lingard - 75k
Greenwood - 75k
Cavani - 250k
That is over 50mil saved in one season when you consider them not receiving additional bonuses ( we wish there was a reason to pay those out)

Pirlo'sBeard

We should be able to spend well over £200m this summer with all these outgoings.

All players on substantial wages.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
That is over 50mil saved in one season when you consider them not receiving additional bonuses ( we wish there was a reason to pay those out)
I wonder if the club look at it as money saved? I mean, the replacement cost of just one midfielder could immediately negate that saving, and you’d still need to sign players in other positions or the squad would be incredibly small.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
We should be able to spend well over £200m this summer with all these outgoings.

All players on substantial wages.
The new players will have wages too. And revenue will be down. Don't think there's much hope of a £200m net spend.

Rake

I wonder if the club look at it as money saved? I mean, the replacement cost of just one midfielder could immediately negate that saving, and you’d still need to sign players in other positions or the squad would be incredibly small.
Don't know but many of those players feature sparsely, if at all. The top earners have not been performing or playing much. Greenwood...

Bwuk

Cavani, Grant, Mata, Lingard, Pogba & Matic.

That must be not far off 1m or so a week in wages saved.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Feel like Mata will be the last confirmed leaver for a bit now, the rest all depend on agreeing deals with other clubs

laughtersassassin

Feel like Mata will be the last confirmed leaver for a bit now, the rest all depend on agreeing deals with other clubs
Martial Bailly Andreas and Tuanzebe should be guaranteed outs. Maybe even a few more I'm forgetting.

Oh and I forgot the ever useless Jones. And who knows about Greenwood but we need to be replacing him either way

Last edited:

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

Grant - 30k
Matic - 120k
Pogba - 290k
Mata - 160k
Lingard - 75k
Greenwood - 75k
Cavani - 250k
Greenwood is likely still being payed his full salary.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Cavani, Matic, Mata, Pogba, Lingard, Grant. Likely followed by Henderson, AWB, Bailly, and Jones. I wouldn't be surprised to see Telles leave as well, Martial if there are any takers on the planet for him, and one or two of the fringe players at least (Pereira, Laird, Garner, Chong, Mengi, Tuanzebe, Pellistri). If Garner is not getting minutes here next season, given the reported Prem interest, he might be sold. Laird has just been linked with a swap move for Max Aarons (do hope Laird stays and gets a chance). Chong has a year left on his deal, Pellistri won't fancy hanging around too much at a club that doesn't know how to manage his loans given he's broken into the Uruguay squad.

I predict we'll see around 15 players leave this season and 5 arriving, 6-7 youngsters given chances.

We are already at four leaving, which is a very nice start. Hopefully, plenty more ahead this summer. We can't expect everything to happen in one window, but I'm hoping for at least another four or five to leave very soon. Cavani announcement can't be far off.

I predict we'll see around 15 players leave this season and 5 arriving, 6-7 youngsters given chances.
That would be tremendous, but it's very difficult in one transfer window. If we can get somewhere around ten out before the new season, that will be a very productive summer.

Onerealunited

We are already at four leaving, which is a very nice start. Hopefully, plenty more ahead this summer. We can't expect everything to happen in one window, but I'm hoping for at least another four or five to leave very soon. Cavani announcement can't be far off.
we have 6 confirmed departures already. Cavani was the first one confirmed. He was confirmed prior to the game against palace. In addition, Grant, Matic, Pogba, Lingard and Mata have all been confirmed by the club

we have 6 confirmed departures already. Cavani was the first one confirmed. He was confirmed prior to the game against palace. In addition, Grant, Matic, Pogba, Lingard and Mata have all been confirmed by the club
Right, cheers, I missed that announcement and have been waiting for it. Six is even better so soon. The harder thing will be moving on big earners who are still under contract, but I'm sure Ten Hag will be trying. We need the likes of Jones, Bailly, Dalot, and Telles out.

Bobski

This pruning of silly salaries is long overdue. Probably in the best interest of the club if they could move on Ronaldo as well this summer, get stuck into a rebuild with a ton of wage flexibility.

Onerealunited

6 players already gone.

Who else will leave?
- Tuanzebe: Not played much for Aston Villa or Napoli. He is not that young anymore and has one year left on his contract. I think it is difficult for him to stay. He should and will be sold
- Pereira: It is not a secret that United want him sold. Unfortunately it didn't work out with Flamego. We would definitely look into offloading him permanently this summer. Will be sold
- Jones/Bailly: I hope both but I think only one of them will be sold. Jones has not played much last 2-3 years and he is too injury prone to trust as a backup but his high wages combined with lack of games last couple of years would make it difficult to offload him permanent. Bailly I believe is easer to offload given his willingness to play more football. One of them will be sold
- Williams: Played many games for Norwich this season bot didn't show enough to get a spot in a team that would fight for top four. Also as a LB we already have 2 options with Fernandes also pushing for some game time. We should try to get some money from him now given, 1) still young, 2) Brittish, 3) just played a full season in PL, 4) relatively low earner. Should be sold
- Chong: I really like him and think he will be a good player in the right circumstance but do not think that he has what is needed to play for us the next 2-3 years. He has played fairly many games (when not injured) this season in Championship and should have a value. Should be sold

So, in total I believe we would get rid of 11 people (6 alraedy confirmed)

Questionmarks:
- Henderson: Really don't know what will happen with him. Will he stay? Will he be sold? Will he be loaned out? I can see all scenarios as realistic
- AWB: Given his high salary I think it will be difficult to offload him. Best scenario is that he is loaned out
- Martial: I think we definitely want to sell him but his high salary and bad performance last 2 seasons makes it difficult. Given our limited options Tan Haag might give him a chance if not he might be loaned out again

Players that some still consider sold but which I find unlikely:
- Telles: Ragnick informed during the last game that 10 of the players starting will remain at the club next season and Telles started that game so he will stay
- Dallot: same as above
- DVB: Given the lack of midfielders in the team right now and the fact that Ten Haag nows him, i believe he will get a chance this season to show him for one last time

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pogba
Lingard
Matic
Mata

Cavani
Greenwood
Bailly
Tuanzebe
AWB
Henderson

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You have to be excited at the thought of so many new faces having to be brought in and youth prospects being given an opportunity next season.

MUnchies

I’m actually excited about the numbers being freed up :lol:. 6, 8, 11,14 etc and possibly 3,4 and more.

Onerealunited

Matic (31) - released
Cavani (21) - released
Grant (13) - retired
Pogba (6) - released
Lingard (14) - released
Mata (8) - released
Tuanzebe (38)
Pereira (15)
Chong (44)
Jones (4)
Bailly (3)