How many points we would take if Bruno was signed last summer?

Stojan Stamenic

And, let's say it hypothetically - we had Greenwood in this summer form for whole season. How many?

We would probably win against Palace home in august last year (lost 2:1) and maybe Southampton away couple of days later (drew 1:1 against 10 men), get a point od three against West Ham in september (lost 2:0), Newcastle in October (lost 1:0), Bournemouth in November (lost 1:0), Watford in December (lost 2:0)... Draws against Aston Villa (2:2) and Everton (1:1) in December - one would maybe be a victory.

Our current squad is probably in 77-82 points range maybe?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How many trophies would we have won had we not appointed Moyes?

Chairman Steve

The easy assumption to make is we’d be much closer to City points wise than fighting it out with Chelsea and Leicester for 3rd and 4th on the final day.

Wed still have finished 3rd but a more comfortable 3rd.

Bojan11

Nobody knows. It wasn’t just Bruno. Martial being injured after selling Lukaku was a massive loss. We didn’t have Ighalo back then. Pogba barely played.

Hence why it’s important we get some good signings.

Revan

Assumptionman
Interpolating (as I mentioned in the other thread), we end up with 86. Personally, I think that is very unrealistic, the form IMO was not maintainable for a long time, we were playing better than we really are.

Saying that, I think that we might have ended with 75 or so points, which gives a comfortable top 4 position any year. Next year, we should definitely target 80 points, which would be a good season, and if we can manage to get 85, it would be really great and would show significant measurable success. To be fair, I would accept right now finishing on 80-85 points next season.

Blood Mage

We could have mounted a serious challenge to City for second, but nobody was getting close to the dippers this season.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
'What ifs' are never healthy. The progression of this team is what it is. Im very happy with the curve

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
34 Pts from 24 games before Bruno.

32 Pts from 14 games since he signed.

I reckon another 15 points at least.

cyril C

The easy assumption to make is we’d be much closer to City points wise than fighting it out with Chelsea and Leicester for 3rd and 4th on the final day.

Wed still have finished 3rd but a more comfortable 3rd.
Agree. Won't be able to catch up with Liverpool to be honest, but still mathematically possible by Jan (like Leicester City?) and will not do a free fall like Leicester.