How many times will we need to get thrashed to realise Eriksen is not a CM?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would we persist with Eriksen when Mejbri is available. Even if Mejbri is not good enough to create anything or score etc, just the fact that the opposition players won't run around him as if he isn't there should make a huuuuge difference no?
"Play the youngsters" is not a smart take if the youngsters aren't good enough. Hannibal didn't stand out at all in the championship last season. Playing him in a big game would be a horrible idea. He's nowhere near ready for PL football.

Tarrou

I’m just praying that Hag hadn’t completely lost the plot and he’s only playing because a bunch of others aren’t available

I think it’s that, but then we were getting cunted with him in the middle last season too

Sparky Rhiwabon

Before we bought him he was predominantly a no.10 so I’m not sure why we then decided he was actually a CM

Judas

Open to offers
Said before the season started, he needed to be used basically like Mata, aka barely at all and as a number 10. He's done. I'm sure he's only playing due to the lack of options currently, but its massively costing us. You can't have a passenger like him playing in such a key position, especially when Casemiro is performing so poorly too.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

If you think he's legs are gone, you can't be asking why he isn't playing as a #10. Even tighter spaces and more aggressive defending, plus the need for strong feet that can give you good balance and a burst of acceleration. There's a reason why most ageing players who start as more advanced midfielders with good vision and sense of space transition to deeper roles and not vice versa.

Eriksen still possesses qualities a team could use on a football pitches. He can use both feet, he reads the game well, and he has a good passing range. He showed it last season and this season too in glimpses. Of course, he comes with his limitations and his age means that his playing time needs to be conditioned. The latter will be fixed when Mount and Amrabat (and to a lesser extent Mainoo) become available. As for the former, if United persist with this kamikaze football style, we won't be able to get much out of, not only Eriksen, but any decent baller we put in there.

It all comes down to what kind of football you want to play.

Judas

Open to offers
He'd possibly do ok coming on for the last 20 minutes in games we've already practically got won (total fantasy scenario I know). To me that's his limit now.

astracrazy

Why would we persist with Eriksen when Mejbri is available. Even if Mejbri is not good enough to create anything or score etc, just the fact that the opposition players won't run around him as if he isn't there should make a huuuuge difference no?
I don't know. That's the point I was making, that Erikson will likely keep playing until they are back from injury.

I wondered who you were talking about then, always known him as Hannibal haha - but yes, would like to of seen him play more. He looked full on energy vs Brighton and he did score. Would have been a better sub than McT against Bayern thats for sure.

mav_9me

"Play the youngsters" is not a smart take if the youngsters aren't good enough. Hannibal didn't stand out at all in the championship last season. Playing him in a big game would be a horrible idea. He's nowhere near ready for PL football.
Today showed why I wanted Hannibal to start. Purely for his legs. I wasn't expecting him to boss the midfield or anything. I just didn't want a turnstile in midfield.