How many times will we need to get thrashed to realise Eriksen is not a CM?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You would think we have someone like Keane or Scholes sitting on the bench and Eriksen taking their place. Eriksen has his flaws but what other choices do we really have?
Only guy who can pass the ball forward. But yeah, lets not play him.

Walters_19_MuFc

And the entire second half tonight :lol:
Exactly!

I just don't get why ten Hag didn't play Fred from the start today. I mean, the likelihood was always going to be that we'd have less possession. Of course, we don't know if it would have made a difference but as mentioned before, we looked a lot more solid against City with Fred in there.

Nori-

Eriksen has his strengths and is brilliant going forward. A player like Casemiro allows him the freedom to do that

When Casemiro isn't there you can't expect Eriksen to step up and do someone else's job as well as his own. Everyone has their role and they compliment each other.

The real issue should be, why do we not have any high quality alternatives for when our best players are suspended/injured?

ArbeitervonWien

The answer, my friend, is blowin in the wind.

On a serious note, I think he defenitly can do a fantastic job there in the right games with the right support around him.

He will be a fantastic squadoption next season when we hopefully have bought one or two good midfielders.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Should be an impact sub and play cup games. No business starting in midfield for us in PL and CL.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Should be an impact sub and play cup games. No business starting in midfield for us in PL and CL.
That was the idea for him this season. Then Mainoo, Mount and Amrabat all got injured.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Our only chance and penalty creation was through him. Guess you'd rather play McTominay?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Love the guy but today is too intense for him
Genuinely looks lost. We had a chance for a counter pressing opportunity. He took about four touches, got robbed and Bayern were on the edge of our box within seconds.

arnie_ni

Directly at fault for that goal and I don't mean giving away the pen

Mwooyo

Not gona lie. Eriksen is a massive liability for us and will be the managers undoing. A midfield of eriksen and casemiro cannot play against top teams...it just cant. Eriksen is really bad defensively...and doesnt do that much on the ball to justify his selection with casemiro. After the fa cup final, we should have ended that midfield permanently

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just look at the entire sequence that leads to the corner and then the pen. Wasteman.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Lads we signed two midfielders this window and they're both injured. It's fecked, no point going in on Eriksen when he was supposed to be a squad player this season.

The Hilton

Said this in the match thread, but he's missed a sitter, given away a penalty with a lazy challenge, and didn't track back to leave Gnabry free for their second. That's a 3 goal swing, 2 of which he's directly responsible for, and one of which he's still largely at fault for.

But @SalfordRed18 is right, he's not meant to be starting anymore, at least not these matches, but we're threadbare at the moment.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Said this in the match thread, but he's missed a sitter, given away a penalty with a lazy challenge, and didn't track back to leave Gnabry free for their second. That's a 3 goal swing, 2 of which he's directly responsible for, and one of which he's still largely at fault for.

But @SalfordRed18 is right, he's not meant to be starting anymore, at least not these matches, but we're threadbare at the moment.
He also pussied out of a challenge before their first goal.

Greck

Problem is the couple times it works gives the false security we can get it to work against everybody. On the counter he's very prone to losing his man or not even picking up anyone.

Idxomer

People disagreed when I said he was the one who should've been sold and not Fred.

Jacob

He won't play a minute when Mainoo, Amrabat and Mount are back from injury.

Maybe he can bench Casemiro.

hobbers

How many times do we need to get thrashed before Casemiro and Eriksen are binned off to Saudi Arabia?

They're both finished. Completely finished.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Problem is the couple times it works gives the false security we can get it to work against everybody. On the counter he's very prone to losing his man or not even picking up anyone.
I don't think it ever worked, though. He's always been a liability for me.

RuudTom83

Amrabat/Mount/Mainoo can’t get fit soon enough…options are super limited until then.

Dr. T

I feel for Eriksen. He's culpable for two goals, the dawdling before being robbed of the ball was criminal - but the penalty decision was really really harsh. Pure homer decision that one. Watching him and Casemiro being churned by musiala is ridiculous though. We have zero legs at all except for some quick lads up front.

bstb3

Yeah, it's an obvious weakness now, but there's simply nothing on the bench other than McHidey or youngsters in Mejbri and Gore. Amrabat and potentially Mount will add some energy at least.