How many Utd players would walk into Wolves first 11 and vice-versa...?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Chatting in the Traore thread got me thinking about this...

Whenever we're doing the whole 'how many Utd players would get into such and such team', we tend to do teams that we used to be competing with for trophies - Liverpool, City etc - but the reality is that we're now far more level with Wolves, and next season we will most probably be fighting it out with them for a Top 4 place as I don't believe they're going anywhere.
So, for you lot, which Wolves players walk into this Utd first 11? And how would you line them up?

Feel free to do the reverse (which Utd players would walk straight into Wolves starting 11) if you prefer.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Vice-versa:

Doherty, Neves, Traore, Jimenez, Jota (as a ten). Rui Patricio and DDG would be close and Moutinho is good but getting on a-bit. Not a fan of Coady or Boly really.

Member 101269

Listen to goldbridge from united stand, you might have a laugh.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
De Gea
Wan Bissaka, Maguire
Pogba, Fernandes, Fred , McTominay (Independently, one position for either player or possibly two if it’s Pogba and Fernandes)
Rashford, Martial

USREDEVIL

Wolves to United:
Jimenez, Neves, Traore, Mountinho

United to Wolves
De Gea, AWB, Maguire, Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford

We're a better team when fully fit, but not by a huge margin.

Philo

De Gea
Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Williams
Pogba Neves
Traore Fernandes Rashford
Jimenez

Probably something like that I guess, or Fred/McTominay instead of Neves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure you can answer which United players would go into their XI because it's like asking which of our players would make the Sheffield United XI but when asking which players I'd take from them into our XI only Jimenez and Neves spring to mind but neither for the fee it would take to land them

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
DDG
Doherty - Maguire - Coady - Williams
Neves
Pogba - Bruno
Traore - Jimenez - Rashford​

Robbie Boy

De Gea
Wan Bissaka, Maguire
Pogba, Fernandes, Fred , McTominay (Independently, one position for either player or possibly two if it’s Pogba and Fernandes)
Rashford, Martial
Think Wolves fans would rightly disagree.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Coady seems like a good player but then I hear that scouse accent and I quickly hate him...the only players from Wolves who I would take at United are Neves and Jiminez. Let's not forget that most on here hate our approach when we play defensive against the top teams. Wolves plays defensive against us, so what does that tell you? Their players may be well drilled in how to 'stop" a team, but let's not overrate them on the whole, and that includes their manager...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think Wolves fans would rightly disagree.
With? The question is which players would walk into their first XI, in isolation I think every one of those players would. I’m not saying I’d pick 9/11 United players in a combined team.

The Original

Coady seems like a good player but then I hear that scouse accent and I quickly hate him...the only players from Wolves who I would take at United are Neves and Jiminez. Let's not forget that most on here hate our approach when we play defensive against the top teams. Wolves plays defensive against us, so what does that tell you? Their players may be well drilled in how to 'stop" a team, but let's not overrate them on the whole, and that includes their manager...
Does your argument hold up in light of what the points table says? I.e Utd and Wolves level on points.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
DDG
Wan Bissaka - Maguire - Coady - Jonny
Neves - Moutinho
Pogba

And yet people are surprised we struggle to beat them.

Robbie Boy

DDG
Wan Bissaka - Maguire - Coady - Jonny
Neves - Moutinho
Pogba

And yet people are surprised we struggle to beat them.
They're not surprised as they realise our manager is fecking hopeless.

Robbie Boy

The season isn't over. We will still finish ahead of them while being on a rebuild. meanwhile, this is about as good as they will ever get...
We will finish ahead of a team that are in their second PL season since promotion and have spent hundreds of millions less to assemble their squad. Well feck me, aren't we aiming high. Oh, with Ole in charge I'm not even 100% sure we'll definitely finish ahead of them.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We will finish ahead of a team that are in their second PL season since promotion and have spent hundreds of millions less to assemble their squad. Well feck me, aren't we aiming high. Oh, with Ole in charge I'm not even 100% sure we'll definitely finish ahead of them.
Then go support Wolves if you aren't prepared to stand behind our rebuild. We are heading in the right direction, and like I said, this is as good as Wolves will ever get. They have peaked and done well, but don't kid yourself into thinking that they are our rival. Our rivals are much further up the table and we will get back to there...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They're not surprised as they realise our manager is fecking hopeless.
If the Wolves manager is that much better why can't he beat us recently with what everyone appears to be agreeing is an equally good side.

The 2 best players making everyone's side above (Pogba/Rashford) aren't even available to us.

Anyway this is about the quality of players. Plenty of other threads to moan about Ole.

passing-wind

Got a much better question would Wolves be in 7th with Ole in charge and would Santo have us 6th being the United manager ?

Robbie Boy

Bat shit crazy more like it.
Pretty much. I was all for signing AWB and i still think under the right management, he'll improve. But overall I've been dissapointed. Doherty is brilliant going forward and is an exciting full back. Right now I would have him over AWB no problem at all.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've been saying this for a while now, but there is no team we are more evenly matched with then Wolves.

I think we're similarly strengthed across the park really... And it shows in our results vs them

Welbeckham

Rui Patricio

Doherty Coady Maguire Williams

Bruno Neves Pogba

Traore Jimenez Rashford

Could also put Boly at RCB (for Traore) and play three at the back, but I’d perhaps prefer Jota to Rashford if it was two strikers. Fred, Moutinho and Vinagre could also debatably get in there somewhere.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The season isn't over. We will still finish ahead of them while being on a rebuild. meanwhile, this is about as good as they will ever get...
Seems a bit pointless saying we're 'on a rebuild' when they're a club being rebuilt also - albeit in a far more well planned manner on the footballing side.

Also, I'm not so sure that Utd will finish ahead of Wolves, the next handful of fixtures could easily see Wolves gather momentum going into the run in.

Utd's next 6 PL fixtures...

Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
City (H)
Spuds (A)
Sheffield United (H)

Wolves next 6 PL fixtures...

Foxes (H)
Norwich (H)
Spuds (A)
Brighton (H)
West Ham (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Obviously the season is longer than 6 games left, but if they were to open up a 7-9 point gap in that period, I'm not sure I'd trust this current Utd side to pull it back.

USREDEVIL

Seems a bit pointless saying we're 'on a rebuild' when they're a club being rebuilt also - albeit in a far more well planned manner on the footballing side.

Also, I'm not so sure that Utd will finish ahead of Wolves, the next handful of fixtures could easily see Wolves gather momentum going into the run in.

Utd's next 6 PL fixtures...

Chelsea (A)
Watford (H)
Everton (A)
City (H)
Spuds (A)
Sheffield United (H)

Wolves next 6 PL fixtures...

Foxes (H)
Norwich (H)
Spuds (A)
Brighton (H)
West Ham (A)
Bournemouth (H)

Obviously the season is longer than 6 games left, but if they were to open up a 7-9 point gap in that period, I'm not sure I'd trust this current Utd side to pull it back.
I see Wolves above us at the end of the season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
DDG
Doherty - Maguire - Coady - Williams
Neves
Pogba - Bruno
About right. Though I would have AWB in there instead of Doherty. With Traore you just need to let him do his thing. Having adequate protection behind him is more important than any attacking threat.

Canagel

Fred is arguably the first name on any combined eleven. By far one of the best midfielders in the league and Man Utd's player of the season

Mainoldo

DDG
AWB
Maguire
Lindelöf
Williams
Fred
Bruno
Pogba
Rashford
Traore
Martial

Nunez coach (The most important element)

I think the best way to do these is to look at it as. If you was playing Real Madrid in a champions league final who would you pick.

That will always make you pick your best XI. Although I would probably pick a fit Bailly to partner Maguire.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
DDG
AWB
Maguire
Lindelöf
Williams
Fred
Bruno
Pogba
Rashford
Traore
Martial

Nunez coach (The most important element)

I think the best way to do these is to look at it as. If you was playing Real Madrid in a champions league final who would you pick.

That will always make you pick your best XI. Although I would probably pick a fit Bailly to partner Maguire.
You wouldn't have Jiminez!? Really!?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Cant we just swap the dugouts ?
More cheaper.

Last edited:

edgar allan

Fred is arguably the first name on any combined eleven. By far one of the best midfielders in the league and Man Utd's player of the season
If he could just add learning to pass to our players consistency and not give the ball away constantly or even how to strike a ball he might deserve your accolade