How modern football became broken beyond repair

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
You can’t just change what a word means.

It wasn’t a sporting Dynasty. It was 3 titles in five years using the same coach and players (with natural substitutions year on year). By definition, a Dynasty needs elements of large transition.
Now you're just arguing semantics. Nearly everyone in basketball considers the Warriors a dynasty. This is not controversial.

And it wasn't the same players from their 1st to last ring. They added Kevin Durant and had to gut their entire roster to do so.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Now you're just arguing semantics. Nearly everyone in basketball considers the Warriors a dynasty. This is not controversial.

And it wasn't the same players from their 1st to last ring. They added Kevin Durant and had to gut their entire roster to do so.
Agreed hence why I said, Americans are silly and talk in Hyperbole.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Why cap the players? That’s what I don’t understand... no one ever once said “we need to cap how much these owners/shareholders can take as profit for themselves” the problem is always with how much the players make. I say good for them. They are the ones playing week in week out, they are the ones that win or lose. They are what makes the product so great. I’d much rather Messi get £500k a week then be capped and the President of Barca pocket the rest. Capitalism is great but too often it’s not fair and excludes the working class. Feck the silver spoon journos that can’t stand seeing working class lads becoming richer then most lottery winners.
If you have to ask the question then it seems you do not understand the problem.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If you have to ask the question then it seems you do not understand the problem.
There is no problem. Football is a multi billion pound industry. I have no problem with the player getting a very good salary. I do have a problem with a culture that has no problem with the elite getting £20-200m a year while there workers get just about enough to get buy, but then gets outraged when working class people find a way to earn £20k to £300k per week.