How much is Fernandes actually worth?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
One of those rare players whose value actually increases at Manchester United.
Absolutely. First one since Ronaldo and DDG I would say. Which worries me cause we sold one and almost sold the other too. I like the idea of a billion dollar release clause though! Further I hope that Fernandes or his family don't have any fascinations about Real or Barca.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
One... hundred.. billion dollars.

Let's put it this way. If Giggs was still playing in his mid 20's, I would sell Giggs first before even considering selling Bruno.

Yakuza_devils

If we really have to sell him the money must be enough for us to get both Haaland (70mil release clause in 2022) and Sancho (120mil).

jem

One... hundred.. billion dollars.

Let's put it this way. If Giggs was still playing in his mid 20's, I would sell Giggs first before even considering selling Bruno.
Steady on now. Still I wouldn't sell Bruno for anything, especially since I wouldn't trust our management to spend it wisely.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
He's priceless, and unless he kicks up a fuss, then we should (and probably would) never consider selling him.

If it does happen then it should be at least 30m more than Dembele or Coutinho.

gajender

Absolutely. First one since Ronaldo and DDG I would say. Which worries me cause we sold one and almost sold the other too. I like the idea of a billion dollar release clause though! Further I hope that Fernandes or his family don't have any fascinations about Real or Barca.
Why would any club put release clause in their players contract unless it's mandated is beyond me ,Spanish clubs are required by their league to have release clauses for their players that's why they do it otherwise there is no merit in having these clauses for Clubs absolutely none.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Why would any club put release clause in their players contract unless it's mandated is beyond me ,Spanish clubs are required by their league to have release clauses for their players that's why they do it otherwise there is no merit in having these clauses for Clubs absolutely none.
Kind of a probihitive warning I think. Tells the world to go fish. Also gives the player in question an ego boost doesn't it? Not meritless definitely.

norm87cro

Much more than some other midfielders.And Giggs would be worth around 150 these days...

Last edited:

gajender

Kind of a probihitive warning I think. Tells the world to go fish. Also gives the player in question an ego boost doesn't it? Not meritless definitely.
I guess that makes sense at some level but ideally we should not be putting release clauses as a principal for any of our player's.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Depends on the state of the market more than anything else.

Pre-Covid, he'd be comfortably fetching £100+ now.

SER19

Comparing the sale of Di Maria to a potential sale of Fernandes is like comparing apples with oranges.
That's not what I did. Our conversation detoured to one about sales of players generally

Chicharo

Don't know and don't care. We will never sell him. At this point easily within the top 3 midfielders in the world

Last edited:

Relfy

Utterly irreplaceable for us, so there is no offer anyone could make that we should even consider.

RoyH1

The most unsellable player on the team so it's a moot point. He has no price.

Bondi77

I just hope he does not come out and say it is his dream to play for Real Madrid anytime soon :keano: