How much is Fernandes actually worth?

SER19

yes. Clearly. You are on you own here. The owners and Woodward have shown zero inclination to sell our best players.

you are just making up a scenario in your head.

we aren’t selling him.

stop worrying about things you don’t need to worry about.
You're creating a false conversation I'm afraid. The thread is literally asking the question of what we might sell him for. Ie what is his worth. His price. His value. I've answered with a ball park of what I think our owners would get interested by. This purely hypothetical scenario doesn't cause me 'worry'.

You're creating a false conversation I'm afraid. The thread is literally asking the question of what we might sell him for. Ie what is his worth. His price. His value. I've answered with a ball park of what I think our owners would get interested by. This purely hypothetical scenario doesn't cause me 'worry'.
we would laugh at any club that offered £90m for Bruno. It’s a strange stance your taking in thinking we would start listening at that price.

Jericho

Considered we are quoted silly prices, and had to pay £80m for Maguire, and told €120m or nothing for Sancho, my guess is we wouldn't respond to anything less than £140m.

Bollocks to all of that, the club should be treating him like Barca/Real do with their players. Slap a billion pound clause on him, but we should have zero interest in selling at any price.

Castia

Crazy amount of money

You shouldn’t score the amount of goals he does it’s ridiculous.

SER19

we would laugh at any club that offered £90m for Bruno. It’s a strange stance your taking in thinking we would start listening at that price.
We disagree on that. Somewhere further north of that there's seemingly a figure that you believe we would listen to. The owners of the club, in my opinion, have proven themselves in many ways to be businessmen and nothing more. And every player we have, to them, has a price

We disagree on that. Somewhere further north of that there's seemingly a figure that you believe we would listen to. The owners of the club, in my opinion, have proven themselves in many ways to be businessmen and nothing more. And every player we have, to them, has a price
we aren’t entertaining any offers. Firstly I don’t believe there’s anyone who can afford to buy him. Secondly, no I don’t believe we would accept any fee for him - even at a near world record, we aren’t selling him.

anyone with any business sense would look at the severe implications of selling Bruno. As you’ve said, the Glazers are looking at the club as a business, and in no way does it make financial sense to sell our best player at the age he is.

KW2006

If he dosent wanna leave we would be foolish to sell him even for 200m.

Just like Roy Keane at 26 years old. We wont sell a player like this.

Barthez

At least 100m plus a couple of Mars bars and 10
Fruit salads

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bollocks to all of that, the club should be treating him like Barca/Real do with their players. Slap a billion pound clause on him, but we should have zero interest in selling at any price.
Completely agree, but I dont think the higher ups here would be willing to ignore an email with the subject line of ..."£140,000,000?".

We may hold out for an extra 20-30m, but profit is the aim of our club right now and being able to make 100m in a year? Pfft, the greedy little snakes would be all over that.

DeGea

Kevin de Bruyne in his prime - that is what he is worth to us, at the very least.
Close to irreplaceable.

the_answer

Not sure how much he'd be worth for other teams (not sure he'd fit in perfectly at Bayern for example), but for us he is irreplaceable.

Let's assume we sell him for 150m. Who can we get as a replacement? Coutinho? I doubt anyone would be that productive

wolvored

Hes £120 mill at least on todays prices. The only concern I have is if we dont win anything this season he may start thinking of moving on. He could have his pick of any clubs at the mo.

cyberman

Hes £120 mill at least on todays prices. The only concern I have is if we dont win anything this season he may start thinking of moving on. He could have his pick of any clubs at the mo.
Where is he going to go? A weaker league for Barca or Madrid just to see Atletico win the title?

GoldanoGraham

same as sancho
Worth more than Sancho - seems to impact nearly every game he is in and shows real fight and desire - while I like Sancho I’m not sure how focused he will be going forward

Bruno is already looking like a steal at £50m+
we could have had him months earlier for less as well....so could others as well....

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He’s worth as much as Hazard was to Madrid or Griezeman was to Barcelona.

Wazza4Gaffa

22 goals and 13 assists in 36 games. Only turned 26 and already a leader. I think we'd start listening to any bid around 90m but would be foolish to sell at this point. If you don't have a guaranteed improvement lined up, which is very rare, your best players should simply not be for sale.
It's funny you say that because I think the club would rather pay him a contract extension worth an extra £90m than sell him for that price.

Edit: To reaffirm my point he probably has already paid back his transfer fee by dragging us to top 4 I wouldn't be shocked if the club were willing to pay another £90m to help ensure we keep qualifying for UCL.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His intrinsic worth is much less than his market value. Considering his skill and productivity, in the past pre-Covid, his intrinsic worth maybe around 150m.

But then now, there's a lack of world class no. 10, and the one that can adapt to Premier League.
Then factoring he plays for United, I'd say he's worth more than what Spurs want for Kane.

Mihai

We also sold di Maria at about a 17m loss less than a year after signing. Not sure why you're so worked up by the idea that our current owners would probably start listening to offers to double an investment less than a couple of years later. I don't agree with it, but these people don't care. We've historically sold many players for below their value and countless people often point to other clubs who seem to get more for their players than we do. I'm not sure the argument you're after is with me
Comparing the sale of Di Maria to a potential sale of Fernandes is like comparing apples with oranges.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
If we get to sell him, we could tell lingard to grow a beard, a haircut and send him instead. They wont notice

cyril C

Imagine if we had him and grealish
Oh yeah, both play on the left hand side. Adding Pogba and Sanchez would be perfect, plus Martial and Rashford. 7 players squeezed into a corner, breaking social distancing rule I am sure.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
One of those rare players whose value actually increases at Manchester United.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If the Club sell him at his peak, Ed needs to move out from his house. Not that I condone such unlawful act.