How much money are the Glazers now saving through wages of our offloaded players?

fergiesarmy1

That was always going to happen.
We are either in sh!t and they have masked it well or we are addressing the problem.
Would have to say they haven’t masked it well, it’s already ugly and we are pretty much a laughing stock. Paying Sanchez god knows what to play for another team doesn’t say anything good about us. Already 5 points off Liverpool after 3 games and not many people think we are capable of beating Southampton which would leave us 8 off them potentially after 4 games (not that we are expecting a title charge this year but no one would have signed up for that)

3 strikers in arguably the biggest club in the world none of which have scored over 20 goals in a season and one is already out injured (apparently)

Midfield that has the goal threat of next to zero, out superstar midfielder hasn’t scored in open play since February 18th for club or country.

Goalkeeper whose becoming more worrying with each error.

Defence looks better though so there’s that.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Time will tell.If we have a quiet transfer window next summer Id be worried.
It will be a similar transfer window to every other year Woodward has been in charge, journalists will have us linked with everyone who is known in the football world,and his dog. In the end we will sign one or 2 cheap players with one established player who will be on a massive salary and sit on the treatment table for most of his time here. Nothing will change under this group of milkers. Football ambition does not exist at United anymore, the only ambition is financial. THe Glazers see United as their cash cow and could not give a shit if we are ever champions again, I think their feeble minds have long ago decided that they will not try to compete with the likes of City who have unlimited finance(since they won the lottery). And would instead try to obtain a top 4 place to remain in the Champions league. But Liverpool have shown that it is possible to compete against a club that is run by a nation with "massive" funds. Unfortunately our owners do not really have any interest in football.

fergiesarmy1

It will be a similar transfer window to every other year Woodward has been in charge, journalists will have us linked with everyone who is known in the football world,and his dog. In the end we will sign one or 2 cheap players with one established player who will be on a massive salary and sit on the treatment table for most of his time here. Nothing will change under this group of milkers. Football ambition does not exist at United anymore, the only ambition is financial. THe Glazers see United as their cash cow and could not give a shit if we are ever champions again, I think their feeble minds have long ago decided that they will not try to compete with the likes of City who have unlimited finance(since they won the lottery). And would instead try to obtain a top 4 place to remain in the Champions league. But Liverpool have shown that it is possible to compete against a club that is run by a nation with "massive" funds. Unfortunately our owners do not really have any interest in football.
We’re making a piss poor attempt of continually finishing in the top 4 though, we used to laugh at arsenal but at least they were consistent with achieving a place in it. We are a yo-yo champions league club now.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
We’re making a piss poor attempt of continually finishing in the top 4 though, we used to laugh at arsenal but at least they were consistent with achieving a place in it. We are a yo-yo champions league club now.
The fact that they are not even managing to get that top 4 spot is even more worrying. They also own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and it is interesting to check out some of the forums from the Tampa Bay Bucaneers, as they have a very similar problem to United.

Green_Red

The Glazers arent saving anything because this club makes enough money to pay its operating expenses. They will continue to leech money from the club regardless of what contracts the players are on.

romufc

We had since January to plan for all this. We could have easily signed 5-6 players if of course we had any shred of ambition
This is the frustration about the way the club has been run. There seems to be no planning.

romufc

We do know - it isn’t. The past couple of summers should have made it very clear but still people are saying ‘next year’.

Being played like a fiddle.
I agree, there is no ambition to get this club where it belongs. Fans who believe next year we will sign Sancho etc are living in a different reality IMO.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We’ll know just what the intentions are next summer, that’s for sure. There’s no excuses.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The fact that they are not even managing to get that top 4 spot is even more worrying. They also own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and it is interesting to check out some of the forums from the Tampa Bay Bucaneers, as they have a very similar problem to United.
@Damien it may be interesting to do a fan question thing with these guys based around the Glazers

Raw

@Damien it may be interesting to do a fan question thing with these guys based around the Glazers
Yep, would love to know more about it. Apparently since the Glazers took over they've went from a team that actually did well to always being one of the last placed teams?

We had since January to plan for all this. We could have easily signed 5-6 players if of course we had any shred of ambition
This is the frustration about the way the club has been run. There seems to be no planning.
I'd argue for the first time since Fergie it actually does seem like planning and identifying the right targets, rather than our unsuccessful scattergun approach in the past 6 years.

As for "could have easily signed 5-6 players"... hmmm, could we? Dybala didn't fancy it, nor did Sancho so that tells us alot about our position as a club this Summer and our ability to bring in the right kind of quality/player.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
No surprise that the toxic side of our fanbase - who have without doubt all been using these subpar players as a stick to beat us with for years - are now using the sales of these same players as another agenda-driven opportunity to kick the club.

romufc

Agreed on all points.
The Glazers are milking their asset for all it's worth. I understand the reason for this. They see MUFC as a commodity and they want to extract the maximum out of it. As a businessman, I'd do exactly the same.
But what really shocks me is that fans believe that this is for the betterment of the club.
Us penny pinching last Summer and this Summer, apparently means that next Summer we will spend big. :lol:
Some on here still believe that one day, we will spend the Ronaldo (World Record sale) money. ;)

I am sure they will use the Ronaldo money next summer :lol::lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yep, would love to know more about it. Apparently since the Glazers took over they've went from a team that actually did well to always being one of the last placed teams?
No, they went to arguably the worst franchise in the NFL to a Super Bowl winning team and then to league average which is .400-.500 winning record.

Smores

No surprise that the toxic side of our fanbase - who have without doubt all been using these subpar players as a stick to beat us with for years - are now using the sales of these same players as another agenda-driven opportunity to kick the club.
Criticising the glazers is toxic now? And you accuse others of an agenda :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Oh. Well I clearly misread something!
You most likely didn't. Bucs fans on the internet are either weird or only followed the team under the Glazers because the way they talk about it, you would swear that they weren't a tire fire of a franchise pre Glazers. Don't get me wrong the Bucs aren't particularly well managed but that's the case for most NFL teams at the exception of the Steelers, Patriots and a couple of other franchises, the rest rely heavily on being terrible and picking high in the draft which isn't a guarantee of success because draftees can easily flop.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd argue for the first time since Fergie it actually does seem like planning and identifying the right targets, rather than our unsuccessful scattergun approach in the past 6 years.

As for "could have easily signed 5-6 players"... hmmm, could we? Dybala didn't fancy it, nor did Sancho so that tells us alot about our position as a club this Summer and our ability to bring in the right kind of quality/player.
There has been a shift of strategy ie to local, overpriced and low risk transfers. I doubt that starting the season with barely any Cm or forwards can be considered as good planning

Dybala's signing at the end of the transfer window was a pie in the sky. You expect a professional club to have made its homework and checked before hand who owned his media rights

Also 6 signings are very achievable especially in the beginning of a rebuild. Judoes sign that amount of players every year. There again we are talking of an ambitious and well run club here.

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
No toxic is using every single piece of news as a means to criticise the club, be it the Glazers, the players, Ole and his staff. Its constant and its taking over every single thread on here.

Selling these players is good news - we should be happy about this.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
There has been a shift of strategy ie to local, overpriced and low risk transfers. I doubt that starting the season with barely any Cm or forwards can be considered as good planning

Also 6 signings are very achievable especially in the beginning of a rebuild. Judoes sign that amount of players every year. There again we are talking of an ambitious and well run club here
Classic example of a toxic poster here. Every single post you make is a moan.

devilish

Classic example of a toxic poster here. Every single post you make is a moan.
You're such a top red, everything apart from applauding the Glazers decision seems toxic to you.

Last edited:

devilish

He might have an argument if only the Glazers didn't run every sport owned club to the ground. First tampa and now us

Ah and the fact that we are starting the season with no midfield, RW or cover for Rashford. Top club indeed

Last edited:

Raw

Anyone thinks we will splash the cash next summer? Cause I don't.
It'll probably be very similar to our last summer. Getting 2/3 players in, spending nearly the entire window trying to get one player and selling someone for a lot of money to get the net spend down (Pogba). I expect the positions we'll focus on are CM and RW, maybe a striker if our attack doesn't cope with the pressure of needing to score more goals. It also entirely depends on if our youth players make the grade.

If (big if) we get CL footy, it'll be better. The likes of Sancho would be more attainable.

JPRouve

Scout
He might have an argument if only the Glazers didn't run every sport owned club to the ground. First tampa and now us

Ah and the fact that we are starting the season with no midfield, RW or cover for Rashford. Top club indeed
The only success that Tampa has experienced has been under the Glazers, before them they had 2 winning seasons out of 20. Since they have 10 out of 24.

devilish

The only success that Tampa has experienced has been under the Glazers, before them they had 2 winning seasons out of 20. Since they have 10 out of 24.
Tampa Bay supporters seems to be are a concensus to us regarding the Glazers 'good management'

Also how you describe sacking 3 managers in 7 years and starting the season with no CM, RW or cover for Rashy rather then gross incompetence?

izec

Anyone thinks we will splash the cash next summer? Cause I don't.
Not sure. Even if we had the money, do you trust Ed and his team to bring in the players? We dont know if this is a new strategy under Ole to bring in only players that fit the bill perfectly, the Glazers limiting spending or Ed being inept in the market. More likely we wont be doing enough business, as usual

JPRouve

Scout
Tampa Bay supporters seems to be are a concensus to us regarding the Glazers 'good management'

Also how you describe sacking 3 managers in 7 years and starting the season with no CM, RW or cover for Rashy rather then gross incompetence?
Tampa fans are drama queens and hard facts go against them. A franchise that was historically bad won the Super Bowl under the Glazers and won almost 5 times more games than they used to.

The issue for Tampa is that they are in the best division and conference in the NFL. I mean they missed the playoffs with 9-7 and 10-6 records.

Smores

No toxic is using every single piece of news as a means to criticise the club, be it the Glazers, the players, Ole and his staff. Its constant and its taking over every single thread on here.

Selling these players is good news - we should be happy about this.
Yeah most people don't come here to say how brilliant things are to an echo chamber. If your complaint is that there's a mixture of positive and negative views in each thread that's called discussion. The positive angle already has its thread.

There's obviously positives and negatives to offloading these players. The positive being we got rid of some deadwood, the negative being not replacing them and what that means for the club overall if anything.

devilish

Tampa fans are drama queens and hard facts go against them. A franchise that was historically bad won the Super Bowl under the Glazers and won almost 5 times more games than they used to.

The issue for Tampa is that they are in the best division and conference in the NFL. I mean they missed the playoffs with 9-7 and 10-6 records.
You're one of my favourite posters in here and the one I trust the most on French talent, however, I tend to rely on the fan's opinion about their club more then anyone else especially considering how we are being managed. Also note that its not uncommon for administrations to start very well and then go to the shitters later on. Berlusconi's AC Milan is a classic example of that.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You're such a top red, everything apart from applauding the Glazers decision seems toxic to you.
That's rubbish and you know it. There is nothing wrong with trying to be positive and support the club (note I said the club, and not the Glazers).

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

The squad was bloated and full of mercenaries. It feels like we are solving that problem. We have a different problem right now - the squad is light. It might cost us this season. If that is the cost of cleaning house and starting a new chapter then I can live with that.

Rather than call it 'gross incompetence' why not look at it as Woodward starting to learn from past mistakes and see it is a new dawn? I'll tell you why - because you'd rather see the negative at all times and tell everyone at every opportunity. IMHO that makes you a toxic supporter at the moment.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yeah most people don't come here to say how brilliant things are to an echo chamber. If your complaint is that there's a mixture of positive and negative views in each thread that's called discussion. The positive angle already has its thread.

There's obviously positives and negatives to offloading these players. The positive being we got rid of some deadwood, the negative being not replacing them and what that means for the club overall if anything.
Agree with you on the 2nd point. For the 1st point I don't. This forum feels heavily weighted towards the negative. Discussion is one thing - only seeing the negative in everything is not that.

ICHM

The Glazers manage their sports franchises down, they don't invest to win, just to stay reasonably competitive. They are the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The squad was bloated and full of mercenaries. It feels like we are solving that problem. We have a different problem right now - the squad is light. It might cost us this season. If that is the cost of cleaning house and starting a new chapter then I can live with that.

Rather than call it 'gross incompetence' why not look at it as Woodward starting to learn from past mistakes and see it is a new dawn? I'll tell you why - because you'd rather see the negative at all times and tell everyone at every opportunity. IMHO that makes you a toxic supporter at the moment.
I find it hard to follow that logic. Since when does selling players mean you can't sign new ones? If anything it's the literal opposite.

So why has the club actually decreased spending despite freeing up significant money on the wage front? Trying to answer that question leads to threads like this and "negativity".