How much money are the Glazers now saving through wages of our offloaded players?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm not sure if it's a fair question, as didn't we have the highest wages of any club until recently? So if we are now back down to being in the top 5 clubs in the world in terms of highest wages then we are not really saving anything. I think our wages are probably in line with our turnover relative to peers.
Not really interested in the intentions of the questions I’m purely curious to the numbers here. I understand why people are heated in here but I just want to know if someone crunched the numbers

Lentwood

Fellaini £100K
Darmian £45K
Lukaku £200K
Sanchez £350K
Smalling £80K
Herrera £75K
Valencia £100K

£950K per week, although we are still paying some of Sanchez’s wages apparently

Maguire £180K
James £45K
AWB £90K

£315K per week in making it around £635K per week net

Other obvious candidates to go and free up wages include;

Rojo £80K
Young £120K
Mata £160K
Matic £120K

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
None the club pays the wages out of its own revenue

Fluctuation0161

Does it actually say CEO salary?

Net spend is an extremely weak argument, arguably the absolute worst argument to put forward.

There is far more going on in transfer the the vast majority of supporters consider.

What about release clauses? Agent fees? Wages (A massive consideration these days), VAT, FA Fee, Signing bonuses and finally image rights.. All these extras are separate from the reported fees we generally just use.

The club with probably the best net spend in recent years is Liverpool (not looked at any definite figures here).

See, the vital part of net spend figures that often isn't considered is the loss loss of significant assets (that's what each player is now in the game). Folks think net spend should suggest huge sums of money spent, it doesn't.

So, Liverpool lost Suarez, Sterling & Coutinho in 3 out of 5 of the post Ferguson years. Hardly something to praise is it?

It's only this summer where we have offloaded significant names / big investments to balance the books and guess what, we still have folks like you creating rhetoric. What I'm saying is, when we are spending huge sums you ignore it and create anti glazer narratives, then when we try balance the books for the auld net spend they (the glazers) are also in the wrong and they are "milking" the club. Both sides matter of fact can't be true, it has to be one or the other.

Which is it?

As for the list of clubs like Arsenal, Wolves and Villa... seriously?

We've outspent all those clubs massively in terms of transfer fees.

If we consider the post Ferguson years

Man United Spend - £946m approx - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985
Arsenal spend - £621m approx https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-arsenal/alletransfers/verein/11

I can't even be arsed going looking at Wolves & Villa's spend cause its completely irrelevant and untrue what your saying.
We turnover £200 million more per year than Arsenal. Over 6 (post Fergie) years that is £1.2Bn MORE than Arsenal. Why do you insist on comparing our spend with them?

Fluctuation0161

Its really not. Its bordering to irrelevant. Here is some figures for you:
Sanchez: just 25m in transfer fee: insane wages and by far the most costly transfer the club have ever made. But is hardly noticed in your "net spend" world.
Zlatan: 0m in transfer fee; also fecking expensive because of his wages. Very costly transfer. Is not noticed at all either in your "net spend" world.
Then you can make the contrary argument:
Pogba: 80m. Now worth 150m something. How does this compute with your "net spend"? It doesnt because its a lazy and irrelevant way of looking at transfers.
So you're happy with the owners and the board? Happy with how they run the club and out finances?

If anyone needs to hire 2 'yes' men I know where to look!

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
They invested in the few years they were part owners, just with the fall out with Ferguson they were willing to sell then.

I don't recall stories of them not willing to invest in United.
I should probably say not willing to invest more than what they were already investing.

mav_9me

If anybody had any misconceptions about the Glazers and their intentions this tweet is for them:

Denis' cuff

Making money from sales and under-investing too.

Could’ve sold Lukaku months before they did but dragged it on so they could say it was too late to replace him and as per, trousered the money.... and to think, people on here and elsewhere actually think they’ll make worthwhile purchases in January. How deluded can you get?

An absolute shambles that they’re rewarding mediocrity (and calamity in Jones’ case) with long contracts, then the Sanchez debacle.

Ill-considered managerial appointments, then not backed their choice of appointments.

... and Woodward.

A shambles.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Man I wish I remembered all of you who argued with me about how good the Glazers have been on here. How making a profit (on the most profitable machine in existence) is some achievement we should be proud of.

And we make fun of city owners. At least they aren't leeches.

Keefy18

We turnover £200 million more per year than Arsenal. Over 6 (post Fergie) years that is £1.2Bn MORE than Arsenal. Why do you insist on comparing our spend with them?
Because Edgar Allen listed Arsenal's net spend vs ours among others.

Such a ridiculous and idiotic argument to make.

I'm aware of our finances vs Arsenals.

Fluctuation0161

Because Edgar Allen listed Arsenal's net spend vs ours among others.

Such a ridiculous and idiotic argument to make.

I'm aware of our finances vs Arsenals.
Among others? Why not choose the others?

If you're aware of our finances vs Arsenals why do you make a silly comparison with them? Over the period of time discussed our turnover is £1.2Bn more.

I think it's quite obvious who was making the ridiculous and idiotic comparison.

Funny how you continue this discussion after a win. Feeling emboldened after our game maybe. Did you see the quality of our midfield lineup and bench options yesterday? Still think the Glazers have invested enough over the last 2 Summer's?

Fluctuation0161

Man I wish I remembered all of you who argued with me about how good the Glazers have been on here. How making a profit (on the most profitable machine in existence) is some achievement we should be proud of.

And we make fun of city owners. At least they aren't leeches.
It really is a sad state of affairs. United fans should be incensed with what's happening to our club.

Too many idiots lapping it up. Not enough want a change!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If anybody had any misconceptions about the Glazers and their intentions this tweet is for them:

What misconceptions? The club is a business and has been one since at least the 80s.