How should the breakaway clubs be dealt with now?

hubbuh

It's a competition to see who is most outraged.
People are outraged, and rightfully so. A bunch of billionaire greedy investors just attempted a fecking coup of football entirely in their own interests. You think a meek apology is enough to send a message that that isn't on?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
People are outraged, and rightfully so. A bunch of billionaire greedy investors just attempted a fecking coup of football entirely in their own interests. You think a meek apology is enough to send a message that that isn't on?
Of course everyone should be outraged, but it's not a competition to see who is most outraged. Calling for the clubs to be relegated was hilarious.

Actions should be taken against the individuals who tried to set this up, shouldn't punish the actual playing and coaching staff who did everything they could to stop this nonsense.

How is docking points any punishment for the owner, when he takes 20+ million in dividends no matter what the financial situation of the club is?

This is will be like punishing players and managers who were against the club owners and fought in favor for disbanding this ESL.

roonster09

Scout
This. Public shame among fans is enough. If they started league then different story.

Of course, if United was not involved then i would say transfer ban :D
Yeah, if they started the league then punishing them would be justified. Also all this fines, docking points won't punish the actual people, at least in our case, Glazers will be paid 20+ million no matter what.

Thiagoal

I’m shocked so many people are calling for the clubs to be punished i.e the players and fans: ultimately the very people that are innocent/ actually put an end to this madness! The parasites should all be banned from world football ownership and forced to sell up immediately- anyone in collaboration (chief execs etc) banned similarly!

hubbuh

Of course everyone should be outraged, but it's not a competition to see who is most outraged. Calling for the clubs to be relegated was hilarious.

Actions should be taken against the individuals who tried to set this up, shouldn't punish the actual playing and coaching staff who did everything they could to stop this nonsense.

How is docking points any punishment for the owner, when he takes 20+ million in dividends no matter what the financial situation of the club is?

This is will be like punishing players and managers who were against the club owners and fought in favor for disbanding this ESL.
There needs to be serious repercussions or else you're just kicking this breakaway can down the road. An apology is just an admission that they can affectively try whatever they want and get away with it.

This idea was floated in the past and died quickly. This was much different as all the teams had signed letters of intent, the chairman Perez went on TV to say that binding contracts had been signed etc. The only reason it has fallen apart is because the UK teams got cold feet (namely Chelsea and City, it appears). If 3 or 4 new teams appear in the next 5 to 10 years, the risk is that they can just propose it all over again with a few new players.

The owners would feel the heat massively if teams took a ban in European competitions. I'm a diehard Man Utd fan, it's not just the players and managers that would suffer if the club was penalised. But I am very much of the opinion that something significant needs to done. As are bloody loads of other supporters.

gajender

Basically this. It has been about the money for years. This was nothing different. I doubt UEFA can even punish them. What legal precedence would they even have to get that judgement?
I don't know whether they have any power to punish either but what's fascinating is the clamour of our own fans and supporters for harsh punishments to make an example out of these Clubs which I believe reeks of self righteousness and displaying moral superiority just for sake of optics .
I am just amazed at hypocrisy of it all just look at the suggestions here throw them out of the Competitions , seize control of the Clubs , when Uefa 's stance despite initial rhetoric has been quite conciliatory just read this on .

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

·
9h

UEFA president Ceferin: “I am delighted to welcome Manchester City back to the European football family. They have shown great intelligence. City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future”.

I don't think Uefa would fan the flames further like some here want and who knows what actually transpired between these Clubs and Uefa , I wouldn't be surprised that some deal might have been struck .

NK86

The bold is actually true. The way some people on here are reacting as if the clubs were ground zero for this pandemic. They thought of making more money for themselves than filling up the coffers of those bent tossers in UEFA/FIFA. The idea was right, the concept of implementing all over the place.

However, no way should they take any punishment affecting the clubs directly. If the government and the other regulatory bodies were so concerned about European football, they could have easily made a 50+1 rule. Instead they have allowed some of the biggest names to either become playthings of human rights abusers or cash cows for American leeches. So when some of these want to take things to the next level, it should not be forgotten that the rot was set in much before and all while the bodies who should have done something about it were busy filling their own pockets.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
This type of reaction is exactly why the owners tried this brazen attempt to demolish football, knowing that there won't be any consequences for their clubs.

It's starkly similar to the financial crisis in 2008. These clubs almost destroyed league football and for that they've been given a bailout by UEFA and no punishments.

I don't care if it's just the owners, lets not pretend that fans for all these clubs would have defended and supported their owners the day before the Super League was announced if anyone attacked them or said they were bad for the game. Hell, remember how EPL fans would mock BL fans for supporting 50+1, saying that it's just a ploy from Bayern to maintain the status quo and prevent other clubs from challenging them? Now suddenly everyone is suggesting the same happen here.

This culture of taking away ownership of clubs from the fans has to stop and the only way is to not only punish the individuals but also the club as a whole so fans for our club and other clubs would never tolerate something similar happening. What's to stop another foreign investor from buying another English club that's not amongst these top 6? If nothing is done to the club as a whole, another foreign investor will just swoop in later, promising that they want to win titles and bring glory etc etc when all they'l want in the end, like all these other owners, is to rack in some money.

Ban all 6 clubs from UEFA competition for one season, dock points for the following season. Don't know if it will be possible for them to force the owners to sell their shares though but atleast it can call the fans to action to go against their owners.

Neither of this is going to happen though. UEFA have already started chumming up to City after they announced they aren't doing it. It's disgusting frankly, nothing will change regarding the culture of football.

NK86

I don't know whether they have any power to punish either but what's fascinating is the clamour of our own fans and supporters for harsh punishments to make an example out of these Clubs which I believe reeks of self righteousness and displaying moral superiority just for sake of optics .
I am just amazed at hypocrisy of it all just look at the suggestions here throw them out of the Competitions , seize control of the Clubs , when Uefa 's stance despite initial rhetoric has been quite conciliatory just read this on .

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

·
9h

UEFA president Ceferin: “I am delighted to welcome Manchester City back to the European football family. They have shown great intelligence. City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future”.

I don't think Uefa would fan the flames further like some here want and who knows what actually transpired between these Clubs and Uefa , I wouldn't be surprised that some deal might have been struck .
UEFA welcoming back City as a "real asset for the game". :lol:
And some of the self-righteous pricks on here think tagging along with these lot is the way forward!

red4ever 79

To all those people on here who are now smiling and back in there 'oh nothing should be done, its not the players fault' all is well in the world. Feck that, these 6 bastard clubs tried to destroy English football. Hit them hard with sanctions and punish those clubs. Knowing Utd were right at the front of all of this I would have no issues with severe points sanction, or banning from the Champions league next season. These clubs cannot go un-punished that would send the wrong precedent.

I am also calling all Utd fans to arms. We must come together now more than ever and drive the Glazers out of our club.

roonster09

Scout
The bold is actually true. The way some people on here are reacting as if the clubs were ground zero for this pandemic. They thought of making more money for themselves than filling up the coffers of those bent tossers in UEFA/FIFA. The idea was right, the concept of implementing all over the place.

However, no way should they take any punishment affecting the clubs directly. If the government and the other regulatory bodies were so concerned about European football, they could have easily made a 50+1 rule. Instead they have allowed some of the biggest names to either become playthings of human rights abusers or cash cows for American leeches. So when some of these want to take things to the next level, it should not be forgotten that the rot was set in much before and all while the bodies who should have done something about it were busy filling their own pockets.
I don't understand why people think all of a sudden FA/UEFA care about fans, they don't. Only thing that matters for them is money. Now they will welcome back all the clubs back into European cup family (like how UEFA has already called City as asset to European cup) and somehow people think clubs should be relegated, banned for UEFA competitions.

Exactly, yet knobheads on here think we should be punished for the FA and government allowing a leveraged buy out of our club, for allowing the state ownership of Man City and for these actions having consequences. No shit.

Now fecking sort it FA and government, get to the root of the fecking problem in football, it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

roonster09

Scout
Ban all 6 clubs from UEFA competition for one season, dock points for the following season.
Within hours, UEFA president called ManCity as asset to the game and you think they will ban 12 clubs from UEFA competitions?

To all those people on here who are now smiling and back in there 'oh nothing should be done, its not the players fault' all is well in the world. Feck that, these 6 bastard clubs tried to destroy English football. Hit them hard with sanctions and punish those clubs.
So punish us twice for allowing a leveraged buyout everyone was against and cried for help, and then punish us again because those owners then did this. Sounds fair.

NK86

Exactly, yet knobheads on here think we should be punished for the FA and government allowing a leveraged buy out of our club, for allowing the state ownership of Man City and for these actions having consequences. No shit.

Now fecking sort it FA and government, get to th root of the fecking problem in football, it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Exactly, talking about having your own club relegated is some next level nonsense. Don't even know where to begin if these are actually "fans" of the club.

roonster09

Scout

Now fecking sort it FA and government, get to th root of the fecking problem in football, it might be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
If Self loathing was a competition, we would win it every season, like European Royalty of Self Loathing cups.

Exactly, talking about having your own club relegated is some next level nonsense. Don't even know where to begin if these are actually "fans" of the club.
If we all welcomed the Glazers and that leveraged buyout with open arms, a la Chelsea with Roman, I’d get it, but United fans cried desperately for help from the government and FA and got sweet feck all.

NK86

If Self loathing was a competition, we would win it every season, like European Royalty of Self Loathing cups.
I think we would be in a league of our own if that was even a competition.

gajender

UEFA welcoming back City as a "real asset for the game". :lol:
And some of the self-righteous pricks on here think tagging along with these lot is the way forward!
People in general are hypocrites most of us despite the rhetoric here would have watched this league eventually noway these Clubs were banking on Asian or American audience to make them successful , it would still have been Domestic audience and that's what was most dreaded thing here despite not many speaking about it what if despite most vocal and visible protests it didn't actually represent the actual majority.

NK86

This type of reaction is exactly why the owners tried this brazen attempt to demolish football, knowing that there won't be any consequences for their clubs.

It's starkly similar to the financial crisis in 2008. These clubs almost destroyed league football and for that they've been given a bailout by UEFA and no punishments.

I don't care if it's just the owners, lets not pretend that fans for all these clubs would have defended and supported their owners the day before the Super League was announced if anyone attacked them or said they were bad for the game. Hell, remember how EPL fans would mock BL fans for supporting 50+1, saying that it's just a ploy from Bayern to maintain the status quo and prevent other clubs from challenging them? Now suddenly everyone is suggesting the same happen here.

This culture of taking away ownership of clubs from the fans has to stop and the only way is to not only punish the individuals but also the club as a whole so fans for our club and other clubs would never tolerate something similar happening. What's to stop another foreign investor from buying another English club that's not amongst these top 6? If nothing is done to the club as a whole, another foreign investor will just swoop in later, promising that they want to win titles and bring glory etc etc when all they'l want in the end, like all these other owners, is to rack in some money.

Ban all 6 clubs from UEFA competition for one season, dock points for the following season. Don't know if it will be possible for them to force the owners to sell their shares though but atleast it can call the fans to action to go against their owners.

Neither of this is going to happen though. UEFA have already started chumming up to City after they announced they aren't doing it. It's disgusting frankly, nothing will change regarding the culture of football.
You think if we got banned from UEFA competitions for a year, our fans will somehow get enough incentive to throw out the owners? The same owners who have been absolutely blasted since the leveraged buyout but nothing has happened to them. These leeches have even been defended stoutly by none other than SAF.
No punishment will push them out as long as they can make money out of United. They will simply stop transfers for the seasons they are affected and you or other fans won't be able to do anything about it except cry on United boards like these.

This nonsense of leveraged buyouts of clubs started with the govt allowing this to happen. Only they can put an end to this.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Within hours, UEFA president called ManCity as asset to the game and you think they will ban 12 clubs from UEFA competitions?
Yea I mentioned in the end that I don't think anything will happen, though I think it should.

Judging from the reaction here, people are fine with this continuing. These owners will be sacked, fine. What prevents other owners from coming in and doing the same? They'll also get a bailout from UEFA and be forced to sell their shares at a profit from that they bought it at (remind you of executives of big banks getting large settlements when they left in the 2008 crisis?).

Fans here are just as complicit in this for accepting the owners and defending this system of ownership in the past. One week ago, if you told everyone that the league should force a 50+1 rule they wouldn't laughed and said owners increase competitiveness etc etc.

People will forget about this 2 weeks from now and greet with delight new owners with bucket loads of cash.

roonster09

Scout
Yea I mentioned in the end that I don't think anything will happen, though I think it should.

Judging from the reaction here, people are fine with this continuing. These owners will be sacked, fine. What prevents other owners from coming in and doing the same? They'll also get a bailout from UEFA and be forced to sell their shares at a profit from that they bought it at (remind you of executives of big banks getting large settlements when they left in the 2008 crisis?).

Fans here are just as complicit in this for accepting the owners and defending this system of ownership in the past. One week ago, if you told everyone that the league should force a 50+1 rule they wouldn't laughed and said owners increase competitiveness etc etc.

People will forget about this 2 weeks from now and greet with delight new owners with bucket loads of cash.
I don't know what threads you read, but Manutd owned by people was always the dream of Manutd fans but they are also realistic enough to know that it's not possible considering how huge the asking price would be and that Glazers won't be selling the cash cow.

Do you think Manutd fans enjoy being owned by some rich folk who gives 0 shtis about football and the club?

Go and check the thread about ManUtd and MBS, one of the richest man in the world and so many were against that. For many years, ManUtd fans always said the dream would be like Madrid, Barca where the club is owned by the people.

NK86

They aren't fans. Plastic
Even the glory hunters would want their teams to keep winning at all costs. I don't know what this is. Its not like they will be awarded the Nobel Prize for self-loathing if we do get some punishment. Man Utd as a club suffered because the leeches at the helm thought they could get away with fecking over anyone they want. Yet, the fans want the club to get relegated as if this will serve justice?

Zen86

It’s farcical that a bailout is on the cards for the likes of Barca and Real Madrid, both of which reaping the consequences of the ridiculous way in which they operate. It confirms that UEFA haven’t learned a thing and simply want to maintain the status quo.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I read in a United group on facebook that Liverpool lost a main sponsor because of ESL, but not seen it anywhere else.
Anyone else seen anything about this, or did the guy just make it up?

Last edited:

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
For those saying that it would be unfair to punish the players let’s not forget the players were punished at Wigan, Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday and so on. Did anybody really care then?

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
For my beloved United I think the Glazers must be punished and fined a large amount of money. I think punishing the football team and the manager is wrong. They had nothing to do with it and to take points off the players just won’t happen.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
For those saying that it would be unfair to punish the players let’s not forget the players were punished at Wigan, Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday and so on. Did anybody really care then?
Exactly, and people were celebrating when City were initially banned from the UCL for financial doping. Again, nothing to do with the players or fans as it was the owners don't this, but they were rightfully banned. When UEFA had to remove it, it was called a joke and that UEFA's authority is finished etc.

Now people want UEFA to accept these clubs back with open arms because it directly effects them. Hypocrisy is so clear.

There's no point discussing this further though, both UEFA and FA have clearly stated they won't do anything to the clubs. It's pathetically weak and really shows the power these clubs have within the organizations, which is the root cause of this problem.

roonster09

Scout
Exactly, and people were celebrating when City were initially banned from the UCL for financial doping. Again, nothing to do with the players or fans but they were rightfully banned. And when UEFA had to remove it, it was called a joke and UEFAs authority is finished etc.

Now people want UEFA to accept these clubs back with open arms because it directly effects them. Hypocrisy is so clear :lol:
:lol:

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff

This is the perfect summary here. Some people seem to be putting their own sense of self righteousness above any consideration for the players, staff and Ole.

Any practicable punishment that could be aimed at the owners of these clubs, I'm all ears.

George the Cat

Yeah let’s punish the supporter, players, coaching staff, back room staff by banning the clubs from Europe. Instead hows about banning the people behind this fiasco the owners, CEO’s.

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly, and people were celebrating when City were initially banned from the UCL for financial doping. Again, nothing to do with the players or fans as it was the owners don't this, but they were rightfully banned. When UEFA had to remove it, it was called a joke and that UEFA's authority is finished etc.

Now people want UEFA to accept these clubs back with open arms because it directly effects them. Hypocrisy is so clear.

There's no point discussing this further though, both UEFA and FA have clearly stated they won't do anything to the clubs. It's pathetically weak and really shows the power these clubs have within the organizations, which is the root cause of this problem.
What the feck you on about?

How do you think city were paying the wages of all the players and staff? How do you think they even paid the fees to bring them to the club?

Financial doping had everything to do with the whole club and how it was formed. What a bizarre and naive comment.