How to get Glazers out of Manchester United

Sereques

I want realistic discussions on how we can get the Glazers out of this club. I’m not about hashtags or retweets. I don’t believe the Glazers will pack up leave because #Glazersout is trending, they might be considering how to make money from it. I don’t believe the club will stop getting sponsors because #woodwardout is trending.

We need a plan to get the leeches out. Personally, I think the most viable option is for another owner to buy the club from them. An offer of £4.5B-£5B should see them sell. The question is who will be willing to pay that much for Manchester United? Rich people prefer to buy a smaller club and spend money on it, Manchester United appears too big.

Another option is boycotting games and merchandise. Is it possible to mobilize all the fans to a common goal and save this club?

Let me know what you guys think.

Eddy_JukeZ

Someone would have to buy the club and they sell.

Looks extremely unlikely. 4 billion plus would be needed.

Canuckred64

Only chance is some oil rich Arab or a Chinese billionaire. Problem is many of our fans don't want either and it's 50/50 where either would pass the Premier's Fit and Proper test for owners.

Sereques

Only chance is some oil rich Arab or a Chinese billionaire. Problem is many of our fans don't want either and it's 50/50 where either would pass the Premier's Fit and Proper test for owners.
What is the proper test of a owner willing to fork out £5B?

tony54

Leeches is the correct term for the Glaziers but that's doing an injustice to the leech.
The best way to get rid of the parasites is to stop buying their tat and stop going to games and buying season tickets. Easier said than done to mobilise fans but if it could be done then this would hurt them where it counts, in their wallets. Also this would lower the value of the club making MU a more viable package for someone else to buy.
Until fans realise that the Glazier's MU is just a plastic profits shell of what it was and what it stood for then the Glaziers will stick around for as long as it gives them a return. Fans count for SFA apart from their hard earned cash.

Abizzz

Someone who pays 5 billion for the club will want at least 250 million a year in returns if it's an investment (probably a lot more given the risk). It would have to be a sugar daddy but how many potential takers are there for 5 billion toys?

Ironically Woodward and the Glazers are doing the only thing that can realistically lead to a future sale... lowering the value:(.

Giggs86

How exactly is that a problem? Fans don't get to vote on who buys the club.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Glazers happy IF shareholders happy IF income statements happy IF sponsors happy IF fans keep watching their ads

This is the chain of command in a public company like Uniteds. To hit the Glazers hard you need to hurt one of those pillars. As fans, we only really have ‘control’ over one of those and it’s the one where we keep tuning in.

Love it or hate it - united fans will keep tuning in. You can’t look away from a train crash and you can’t look away from false hope.

Sponsors will keep giving Ed the money if they keep seeing the reach Ed presents with the club.

It would have to take a seismic action of some sort by fans to make sponsors want to pull out of their brand deals with us. I just can’t see that actually happening.

For the Glazers this is the most profitable period imaginable right now - they bought on the cheap and are now reaping the benefits of massive TV deals along with a fiscally responsible CEO in Ed. That’s why they keep giving him bonuses.

They have no need to sell.

minh_loc_xoay

How long until Top Reds come in with the usual: "You ungrateful ones! Look at the hundreds of millions United have spent! Blah blah..."

Canuckred64

What is the proper test of a owner willing to fork out £5B?
Wasn't the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia interested in buying United not long ago? I would think the Premier League would have some doubts about whether he is a fit and proper owner. Who knows they might still allow it.

Canuckred64

How exactly is that a problem? Fans don't get to vote on who buys the club.
Yeah your right we couldn't stop somebody from buying the club, but if the fan base dislike any new owner as much as they do the Glazers what have we gained?

Sereques

How long until Top Reds come in with the usual: "You ungrateful ones! Look at the hundreds of millions United have spent! Blah blah..."
Actually, I agree that we’ve spent a lot of money comparative with other Top 6 clubs. Somehow, we’ve regress the most which means something is fundamentally wrong. When anything is not working right, you look at the head, in this case Woodward but the Glazers are never going to fire Woodward. Better if the Glazers leave themselves.

Giggs86

Yeah your right we couldn't stop somebody from buying the club, but if the fan base dislike any new owner as much as they do the Glazers what have we gained?
Well, hopefully, we have gained an owner that takes pride in owning United and genuinely invested in the club's success. That's the whole point of wanting a new owner.

Canuckred64

Well, hopefully, we have gained an owner that takes pride in owning United and genuinely invested in the club's success. That's the whole point of wanting a new owner.
I agree that's the objective. But I am not sure that there is anyone who fits your definition who has £4 to £5 billion and wants to own a football club.

Bojan11

It’s either a company or state. Maybe some unknown Chinese billionaire. There’s only few people who got 4 billion to spend.

Sterling Archer

Make our share price drop significantly.

How?
Stop buying shirts.
Stop going to matches.
Stop watching matches.

So, really unlikely unless the team continues to do poorly and our sponsors jump ship. But that's unlikely to do much because PL money in general is huge.

So yeah, just pray for someone richer to buy us out.

WireMUFC

I don’t know but stop with the #GlazerOut protest on twitter it’s just embarrassing, I despise the Glazers as much as the next person but it’s just a bunch of kids moaning about signings. It’s much deeper than that, signings is a part of it but they’ll be the first people to buy a shirt, just look at the tour. The protest was a joke with about 15 people organised by some absolute clown on twitter. #GlazerOut will achieve nothing and has achieved nothing. We’ve had far bigger protests than this. Sick of seeing “Announce Fernandes #GlazerOut” bunch of spoilt brats. The movement lacks any direction at all.

I don’t know what the solution is to get the parasites out but it certinatly isn’t tweets.

Patrick08

Sing disrespectful songs on Glazers and Woodward every match day at old trafford. Put some pressure on them.

SaboTaj

If Steve Ballmer could shell out $2Bn for the LA Clippers then I’d like to believe that there is hope for us too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's been murmurings over the last 6 months that the Glazers are actively looking to sell. And the squeeze on finances and the bollocks spouted regards a technical Director is telling.

The Glazer's don't have Fergie to hide behind anymore with the "no value in the market" line, and have had to spend a significant amount since the great man retired after being left with a aging back line and a under funded academy under the watch of David Gill who towed the Glazer line. No surprise that Gill jumped ship when Fergie retired.

The lack of investment from the Glazer's under Fergie is amongst the key reasons we have struggled in the last 6 seasons. We let the academy fall behind our competitors and allowed the likes of Rio, Vidic, Evra etc reach the twilight of their careers with little foresight and planning on how to replace them. Sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Antonio Valencia, Obertan and a sick note in Michael Owen. We also let go of players like Hernandez, Nani, Evans etc and replaced them with players who performed worse.
We also adopted a policy in the transfer market post Fergie that back fired miserably and we still don't seem to have a football man in charge to drive the recruitment side after we've heard countless times through the print media that a 'Technical Director' is on the horizon.

The Glazer's did spend a considerable amount of the clubs own 'self generated' wealth post Fergie. But it was after many years of under investment and the genius of Fergie that they got away with it for so long.

We had ambition under Fergie to be amongst the very best in Europe. Now we don't have the same ambition and that is thanks to the cnuts that own us. Woodward is a symptom of the underlying Disease that controls him. And until the Glazer's feck off, it's pointless spewing venom towards Woodward who is doing a fine job for the chaps who own the club. They even gave him a significant salary increase this year for his good work.

ManRed

We build a trust. Every fan contributes minimum $10 per membership and we should have about $5 bn to buy the club. Who is in?

Yakuza_devils

It’s either a company or state. Maybe some unknown Chinese billionaire. There’s only few people who got 4 billion to spend.
They would also expect the investment to make profits (not much different from our current model) unless we get some sugar daddy onwer like Sheikh Mansour.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wasn't the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia interested in buying United not long ago? I would think the Premier League would have some doubts about whether he is a fit and proper owner. Who knows they might still allow it.
The only way you could fail such a test if you don't have the finances. It has nothing to do with anything else.

clarkydaz

I do find it annoying when fan channels start debating glazers out, whilst wearing the brand new united shirt.

I dont think fans want them out enough to do significant damage to them

AllezLesDiables

Normally someone would have to put together an investment group, which could be done easily enough as United is quite bankable.

The key is putting plans in place to boost revenue even further ( an area where United hasn’t done as well as people think and an area where Ed is getting far too much credit given United’s cache).

The question is going to be how much commercialization is the average United fan willing to deal with and how much of a ticket increase are they willing to put up with going forward.

United does not monetize its social media presence nearly as well as it could.

Why would the Glazer’s sell when the TV contracts are soon to be up for bid and they can get much more money from both cable and streaming services.

The only way to get this to work is to get an investment group with strong tech ties to develop ip to monetize its social media presence and bank on the United name in several more industries.

liamp

If Steve Ballmer could shell out $2Bn for the LA Clippers then I’d like to believe that there is hope for us too.
I mean, it would cost more than twice that much to purchase this club...

As far as the thread goes, there's literally nothing the fans can do.

SaboTaj

I know i know. All i was trying to say is that if a dull franchise (they were at that time) like the Clippers could be bought off at close to 4 times their valuation then there is hope for United.

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
We gotta hit them where it hurts: commercially. Ed will be in charge regardless of our performance on the field if he keeps bringing the money in. We need to boycott all the brands sponsor United. When a brand realise the negative attention brought to them because the Ed and the Glazers they either will walk away or threaten Ed to leave.

nameischarles

At the moment they'll continue to milk us because the money is still flowing into the club. The only way the Glazers will leave is if we continue to have bad results on the pitch causing a big drop in sponsorship money and losing out on CL money. By that time they probably wouldn't want to invest any further cash and sell us to the highest bidder.

Morpheus 7

@Sereques fair play to you for creating a constructive thread how to do this. I was going to create a thread this afternoon about this, wanting the dust to set on this window.

Like most or the majority of United fans I want the Glazers gone, enough is enough now. They have took a hand out the supporters for long enough. They have shamelessly whored out the name to make profit without reinvesting. Everyone is well aware how much has been taken out of the club. It not only hasn't been in to refurbish the stadium which is well overdue, that's the minimum regarding the stadium. What we should have now is Old Trafford modernized with a capacity of 100,000. The investment is now being cut on the pitch. We can argue that we spent loads of money but just spent it wrong. That's not true considering over the average since they took over now The bottom line is the club is in debt and under investment is clearly being seen. We all know Fergie hid the eternal problems for years. The amount of money we generate annually, this should not be happening.

My solution is encourage them to sell from a boycott of merchandise. Money and drop in profits is the only language they know, they clearly don't care about the long term future of the club. A complete boycott of any United merchandise and Adidas related products. This includes jerseys, hoodies, shorts socks ect... everything. Then at Old Trafford buy nothing in the stadium. Beer, snacks a fecking United pie, the lot. There is no point saying give up your season ticket. There are supporters who waited years and possibly a decade to see support the club weekly at Old Trafford. For every person that gives up his ticket there will be 10 minimum waiting to take it. It's not realistic and the atmosphere is poor enough at the ground. I'm not a season ticket holder by the way, I get over from Ireland as much as I can. The market in certain parts of the world are going to buy jerseys regardless, all they need is to see a noticeable decline in Europe and the UK. I wanted to buy there jersey this year and so did two members of my family. We were that disgusted in the last few years and have enough, we literally said let's see what the Glazers spend again this Summer. We have all decided that's it, no hoodies, vintage jerseys or even a pair of socks for astro turf that's it. I honestly feel the Glazers are now stealing from the club and the fans. As my cousin said yesterday only an absolute dickhed would be anti Glazer and keep buying now. It's reached that point. I'm not saying me and two others are going to make a difference. I do think the existential philosophy of one can change someone else's view and that view and that can have a ripple effect. I know this has been spoke about before. If even half the red cafe encouraged a boycott it will be picked up on. I know loads of people that still read this forum, that aren't members.

It's all about talking about it and trying to make steps to stand against them. This Glazer regime has bled that absolute heart out of the club. The fan base seems more fractured and disillusioned than ever. I know there are people in here that will be cynical to this idea, saying you and a few friends will achieve nothing with the size if the clubs fanbase ect. The fact is I'm trying and others are saying enough is enough. Why should we give you money if your not going to reinvest it when we need it most. Some have accepted United's fall and say that's the way it is. I refuse to believe the owners can't be doing more than this. Hundreds of million taken in every year to a full to a full stadium and we get regular transfer windows with this netspend, it's very much you spend then I will. Everyone that chooses to continue on buying away that's fine, just don't be a hypocrite when speaking about the Glazers then.

Sereques

There is and that’s why I created the thread. I want people to bump ideas maybe something of value will pop up. Citizens have toppled militant government, number of United fans dwarf the citizens of most countries. We need the right message and motivation to get the fans going.

Saying Lukaku’s money goes to Glazer coffers is not the right message and that’s majority of social media.

quiet_united

Vietnamese Red
@Sereques fair play to you for creating a constructive thread how to do this. I was going to create a thread this afternoon about this, wanting the dust to set on this window.

Like most or the majority of United fans I want the Glazers gone, enough is enough now. They have took a hand out the supporters for long enough. They have shamelessly whored out the name to make profit without reinvesting. Everyone is well aware how much has been taken out of the club. It not only hasn't been in to refurbish the stadium which is well overdue, that's the minimum regarding the stadium. What we should have now is Old Trafford modernized with a capacity of 100,000. The investment is now being cut on the pitch. We can argue that we spent loads of money but just spent it wrong. That's not true considering over the average since they took over now The bottom line is the club is in debt and under investment is clearly being seen. We all know Fergie hid the eternal problems for years. The amount of money we generate annually, this should not be happening.

My solution is encourage them to sell from a boycott of merchandise. Money and drop in profits is the only language they know, they clearly don't care about the long term future of the club. A complete boycott of any United merchandise and Adidas related products. This includes jerseys, hoodies, shorts socks ect... everything. Then at Old Trafford buy nothing in the stadium. Beer, snacks a fecking United pie, the lot. There is no point saying give up your season ticket. There are supporters who waited years and possibly a decade to see support the club weekly at Old Trafford. For every person that gives up his ticket there will be 10 minimum waiting to take it. It's not realistic and the atmosphere is poor enough at the ground. I'm not a season ticket holder by the way, I get over from Ireland as much as I can. The market in certain parts of the world are going to buy jerseys regardless, all they need is to see a noticeable decline in Europe and the UK. I wanted to buy there jersey this year and so did two members of my family. We were that disgusted in the last few years and have enough, we literally said let's see what the Glazers spend again this Summer. We have all decided that's it, no hoodies, vintage jerseys or even a pair of socks for astro turf that's it. I honestly feel the Glazers are now stealing from the club and the fans. As my cousin said yesterday only an absolute dickhed would be anti Glazer and keep buying now. It's reached that point. I'm not saying me and two others are going to make a difference. I do think the existential philosophy of one can change someone else's view and that view and that can have a ripple effect. I know this has been spoke about before. If even half the red cafe encouraged a boycott it will be picked up on. I know loads of people that still read this forum, that aren't members.

It's all about talking about it and trying to make steps to stand against them. This Glazer regime has bled that absolute heart out of the club. The fan base seems more fractured and disillusioned than ever. I know there are people in here that will be cynical to this idea, saying you and a few friends will achieve nothing with the size if the clubs fanbase ect. The fact is I'm trying and others are saying enough is enough. Why should we give you money if your not going to reinvest it when we need it most. Some have accepted United's fall and say that's the way it is. I refuse to believe the owners can't be doing more than this. Hundreds of million taken in every year to a full to a full stadium and we get regular transfer windows with this netspend, it's very much you spend then I will. Everyone that chooses to continue on buying away that's fine, just don't be a hypocrite when speaking about the Glazers then.
Completely agree with this. The Glazers and Ed only listen to their sponsors. If our sponsors start getting target by the fans they will put pressure on Ed/Glazers. How do we do this?